1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dacubz145 Buildings Art

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by dacubz145, Nov 6, 2011.

1. aob86

aob86 King

yeah because it not actually being a wonder makes its ok to add this then..........

why stop at auschwitz, why not add bergen belson or dachau .................

2. aob86

aob86 King

3. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Please know I mean no offense here, it is under a wonder not a building because wonders are built in multiple cities, wondres in just one city. I am not sayingthis shall go into a mod as a wonder, and if anything it should go in giving a city negative reactions. It is something that happened in history, and one of the important (a negative importance of course) events of our recent history. Please realize just because I agnolage the fact that it happened, does not in any way or form mean I support it in any way. I am 100% against it and am discusted by what happened. It is simply a building, please do not take it as anything more. There is already a concentration camp art on the sight, so its not that bid of a deal as long as there are no negative reasons behind it

4. aob86

aob86 King

i know you dont support it in anyway dacubz145, i was never in any doubt on that issue but i am against anything which supports and or promotes what happened and while i understand thats not why you added it i do still feel it does and the fact you asked people not to make an big issue of it when you posted it you must of known atleast someone would take issue with it. there are lots of very important things in (recent) history which were very bad E.G murder and racism, doesnt mean they should be added into a mod or game

5. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Asking to keep the talk sensitive is no were near equal to saying do not make a big deal out of it. Killing should be kept out of civ? Not that civ is laregly based on war or anything... The game is not to change history to make it positive, it is history. We should not just forget about the holocaust, I do not beleive in ignorance with that kind of things. I am not saying it should be added to the game, but it is part of history. I personally am mature enough to deal with that, and yes I of course have problems that the holocaust happens, but I am mature enough to accept it happened, but that does not mean I am happy it happened. If someone is not mature enough.

I have no problem with taking it down if you, or anyone else wants me to. As long as the reason is not that you think I asked people to not make a big deal out of it, because that is not what I said, and probably just a misunderstanding

it will be changed to a building

6. aob86

aob86 King

i was talking about murder not war, war is war doesnt matter if you went 5000 in the past or the future there will always be death in war. the game may promote war but it doesnt promote the worse things of war the civilian casualties, it stays away from that mostly.

the holocaust shouldnt be forgotten which is why we all learn about it in school. why its mentioned in every ww2 doc, why auschwitz is open to the public, why the germans make there kids go there to learn about what happened and why its illegal to deny it happened in most of europe.

exactly how having something against anything which promotes and supports(even if thats not why it was made) what happened aint "mature" then ok whatever you say

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Can't say there will always be war, personally taht can change in my opinion but that is a discussion for another time

You can still poison cities and basiicaly do terrorist missions with spies, including modcomps out there to do assasinations etc. Civ does put it in, its just limited isnce its hard to put into gameplay

Again you misunderstood me, I said it was mature to accept it, that does not mean, at all, that is immature to be against things that promotes it.

No reason to argue it any further, unless you have a problem with it being actually on the sight, we have the same opinion, although you seem to be misunderstanding me here and there

8. aob86

aob86 King

while there is some mods which add a few things which add stuff like that, last time i checked i never saw one which had a popup when you capture a city that says rape the women, kill the men and capture the childen for slaves so.

me and you have been known to misunderstand each other from time to time so never mind on that one then.

while i think its wrong things like this are on here, i wouldnt ask you or anyone to remove something like that. we live in the west not iran, i believe in free speach afterall.

i didnt want to have an argument about you making this but at the same time i felt strongly enough about this to felt the need to say so, same as with that WW2 japaneese UB suicide missle you added to your mod.

9. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

I didn't write history, and if i did (as im sure if anyone did) it would be a lot better. Civilization is just a game, it is not the real world. My goal as the TTT: MA modder is to most accurately depict the last 112 years of the world. Ohka I have a different opinion on because in the Japanese society, it is an honor, and of course i disagree, like you said its war, but we have already had our discussions on that. I can guarentee you though I will undoubatly be keeping Aushwitz our of my mods. I do not want it in my mod pesonally although I will probably add a holocause memoriall sooner or later. All of my buildings do not go into my mod, and actually most don't.

BTW please look @ TTT: MA two posts up or so as i posted for you but I needed to post something else for J_mie6

10. aob86

aob86 King

you mentioning holocause memoriall, which i think is a good idea btw but may work better as an UB of some sort for israel. anyway what about having an war memoriall as an modern monument, dont know about over there but in the UK most towns and cities here have one.
    i will have a look at that post, i hadnt noticed it.

11. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

How about including buttons in the building download itself, rather than as another download

12. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Since I can make buttons extremely quickly if i do them all at once, and mostly because I started without putting buttons in, so I dont want to reupload ones that dont have it, and i want to keep it consistant

13. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Updated Chrysler Building to Version 2!
    Definatly something to be checked out, removed 90% of polys, decreased file size by 75% and it looks so much better! Check out the old (left) and the new (right)
    old: New:

Big banana also updated, fixed a problem so now it shows up more yellow, check screenshot to see the yellowness:)

14. platyping

Hmm, can you check the china pavilion, somehow it just shows a red dot to me, I guess the nif should be refering to pav.nif since it is the only nif file?

15. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Sorry uploaded the wrong file when I did that, uploaded old one, thanks for finding that for me :D

Pavilion Updated to version 2, now fixed

16. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

see post below

17. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

18. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

Interesting :D.

Not sure what platyping will make with the fork :mischief:.

19. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Probably steal all the food from other nations :lol:

20. platyping

National Wonder!

Replace Pikemen with Forkmen!
    Pikemen can now deal collateral damage! (Since you can poke multiple targets with a fork)