1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dacubz145 Buildings Art

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by dacubz145, Nov 6, 2011.

1. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

For some unknown reason, I am unable to get BTS to properly Load your new graphics nif for the Golden Gate Bridge. I have another bridge graphic that loads OK. What are the exact settings that you are using in the CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml file?

2. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

What is wrong with the art? Does it show up as that red bubble or what?

3. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Yes it does show up as a red bubble, which is usually an indicator of a bad path. But, I tripple checked it and it should work, but doesn't.

4. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

No thats actually a bad conversion on my part, let me check it out

5. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Golden Gate Bridge updated to version 2

Decreased file size by 500kb as well as fixed it so it works:D

6. GreatHouses

GreatHouses Chieftain

dacubz145 these are some great building art. They provide a wide variety of selection and assortment to choose from :)

Perhaps you can also consider adding in more non-wonder buildings/objects such as everyday apartment buildings , skyscrapers , houses etc... and all other typical civilian buildings/objects. You can include them in the DB under city improvements.

7. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Dont worry I am aware they go under city improvements :lol:

Apartment buildigns Ive considered, but its just not that useful. I dontn see why you would put in houses, since every city has a house, not sure what one adds...? Skyscraper, well ive done atleast 25 of them already

thanks for the feedback, as I do want to have more buildings, just lack ideas

8. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

I downloaded version 2, which does work. Thanks! I ended up using .13 for the scale settings on the coast. However, there may be a minor appearance issue. The bridge suspension cables that run vertically all across the GG bridge, appear intermitently as the graphic rotates left and right. The two top curved cables maintain their appearance just fine. Perhaps you could tweak the vertical cables a bit?

Attached Files:

• GGB.JPG
      GGB.JPG
      File size:
      11 KB
      Views:
  9. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Problem is it is so high polycount, and there is so much detail. Im not to good at creating art from scrach ( I transfer it from google warehouse), so not sure how to fix it, but I can get around to redoing the bridge, making it a lot less polycount, and hopefully thatll fix problem

10. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

No rush, as I can use version 2 for now. Google Warehouse looks interesting, so I decided to do a search for "Wasp". On page one, I found the 3d art for the "Yellow Jacket (Wasp)". Perhaps, when you have some time, you could convert this Google Warehouse generated insect to a nif? No need for any animation for now, just a nif file.

After some research, I am able to do a conversion of 3d art found in google warehouse. The problem I have now is attempting to reduce the poly count so that the wasp.nif file or any other large file will work in BTS. I'm using Google SketchUp and Blender to perform the file conversions. I'm curious about how you were able to lower the poly count for the GG Bridge and if you could specify the steps taken to achieve this goal using the software I mentioned.

Respectfully,

Attached Files:

11. j_mie6

j_mie6 Deity

have you done any of the buildings requested in plats thread yet :D

12. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Again, wont be animated but I can do it if your interested unanimated

to reduce polycount just edit it in blender, nifskope or google sketchup??

Also if you can convert it yourself, then why do you need me to do it?
    Nope, lost the requests in the thread as to many posts since, if you wanna repost them I can take a look

13. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

That would be great! :)

Problem is I'm not sure of the procedure on how to do that in any of those apps.

Good Question. True, I was successful in my attempt to convert the file, but it still doesn't work in BTS because of the huge poly count/size. ...And because I'm not a graphics guy, I don't know how to reduce the size of the file/polycount. That's why I and so many other people are totally dependent upon your generocity and tireless work efforts to turn out the quality graphics for the Civ4 community to use. Your work is truly appreciated.

Sincerely,

14. j_mie6

j_mie6 Deity

15. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

16. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

17. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

Nice, those are some sweet buildings dacubz. :cool: Thanks for uploading all of those to the site.

I was wondering if you'd be willing to do a few futuristic/scifi nifs whenever you get the time, since there's relatively few of those out there relative to the amount of modern and ancient stuff.

For instance a few of these Photoprojected Planets would look phenomenal, I'd love to put some of those in my mod & would be glad to give you credit. (Hopefully they wouldn't be hard to import because they're spheres).

I searched Google Warehouse for other cool looking futuristic content; if any of these interests you to make, they would be a great addition in my mod and I'm sure many others as well.

Scifi Building
    Pandorica Cube
    Sky Fortress
    Borg Cube
    Cargo Ships

Supernova Ship

Floating City
    Tron Pyramid
    Dome City

Here are a few modern/industrial ones that could be cool too:
    Industrial Complex
    Petrochemical Plant
    Extraction Plant
    Power Plant
    Mining Camp
    Deep Core Mine
    Scrap Bunker

18. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

Thanks for the feedback, I can definatly do some, since a lot look simple. complicated models like the sky fortress I definatly can't do but I will try many. For the petrochemical plant I would check realism invictus, theres two or three that look similar

19. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Angel of the North file is spoilt :D

20. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity