DaftNES VI: Of Light and Dust

For those not in Discord, the update is underway but I've been distracted by trying to find a new place to rent. So it could be few days yet.

Right now I'm still accepting guidelines from those who didn't send orders.

Hey there, I'm Suuf and this is what I'm planning.

Focus: Technology. There are beings that exist outside of my knowledge. If there is any understanding left to be gleaned from the alien material, I shall endeavour to glean it. How did they travel, how do they power themselves, how do they communicate?

Spending: I'll maintain and stockpile my energy reserves, in preparation for swift adaptation in the event of a radical change of cosmic understanding.

Colonization Focus: Tens or hundreds of light years away, my spores continue to drift quietly through space. It will be hundreds of thousands of years before any reach habitable worlds and are able to send messages home. Nonetheless, I will maintain the steady deployment of more spore rockets from Anuu, Daduu and Muuna.

Production Orders: I will continue growing new living material at approximately the same rate as I cull obsolete material.

Tech Focus: Much of my excess mental energy will be devoted to the question of alien life, its capabilities, and how I might communicate with it.

Fleet Orders: My colony spores will continue drifting blindly in the directions they were launched in, not that they could choose to do otherwise.

Army Orders: My animal symbionts will continue their standard anti-parasite routines. They have the opportunity of being the first part of myself to observe the next potential landing, so have them primed to find such sites. If another landing happens, I will deploy my ersatz replicas of the alien structures in order to demonstrate my comprehension of their presence.

Truth-Seeker Orders:

Our scientists have informed us that there is no way to safely construct a mobile library of the size we have imagined. This is a tragic loss for the galaxy, but we must not let a temporary setback become a permanent one. As a consequence, we will begin constructing a new library/museum system, one vastly larger than any ship we or any species we've encountered has ever had -- the size of a small moon. This is roughly the maximum size of an object that can be propelled into FTL speeds with our current technology. We expect it to take generations to complete.
Rather than hunt for the moon first (frankly, there are a lot of moons), we will begin by constructing FTL drives of size appropriate for such a task. These can follow the main fleet.
In an effort to improve relations with the Doszob Orub, we will create, in a lab, life forms that they can talk to in a more comfortable fashion. These creatures will be linked to the Truth-Seeker network, but bio-printed; their computers will run on neural matter rather than silicon. These, we will allow to be infested with the Dozsob fungi. Despite the limited bandwidth of the nerve-to-network connection, we have high hopes that this will give them significantly more comfort with our operations. We will also suggest that pieces of the fungus might come with us (in a bio-contained fashion) in the museum ship dedicated to their people!
Our fleet will continue its steady search, looking for new (and old) peoples throughout this part of the galaxy.
Currently, there's a bit of a bottleneck on production. See if one of our fleets can turn up an energetic- and resource-rich area where we can construct some new Truth-Seeker production capacity -- or scale back the military capabilities of our fleet in order to free up productive capacity on them.

To: Lataren Hegemony

Clearly, the seeds of fear are already growing: let us act to weed them out.

We should, must, and shall speak with one voice, but voices do not sing as one except by will. You have never asked us to be allowed into the Set, but if this is what you will desire, we may attempt to let you in. We trust that you understand the nature of this network, but, if not, we will show the ambassadors you send.

Furthermore, we understand that we cannot be allowed full access to our space at this moment. But, perhaps, there is a compromise. The Riorappi on Riora still need assistance developing, and your industries must be dedicated to the security of the Hegemony. We would be happy to employ our own ships, our own industry, in conducting this vital trade with Riora, and free yours for other tasks.

Let us fly forward together, and let us grow and live in unity.

CFC stopped giving me updates of several threads of activity, I think I made it through this thread without anyone prompting me for diplo.

@North King, Daft probed me about my orders, and I made a very short outline about my actions. I'm effectively remaining nonhostile/neutral to you at this point, naturally with the disposition of alienation due to lack of empathy. Same to @Gem Hound !

I just wanted to say this project is still on my mind! I've moved after 8 years of living in the same place, which has been a major project (not quite done yet). I'm also one of the people whose workload has multiplied due to the current world situation.

I'm expecting things to settle down in the next few days.

Best of luck to you. :) Congratulations on the move and condolences on the workload. Thanks for your efforts to keep everything going.

Top Bottom