[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts II: Another 10,000 to come.

Australia's conservative government sorta temporarily eliminated poverty in response to the virus, but has no plans to keep it eliminated after the virus

We had a similar effect in the US with the enhancement of unemployment insurance but that's gone now. :sad:

This is so Canadian, a morality training course for football hooliganism. I can imagine what that would be like with Millwall fans, and I hope the instructors are paid enough.

It was kind of bs if you ask me, because I doubt all members of that supporters group engaged in behaviour like that.. but the whole group was thrown out and made to take that course and pay that amount if they wanted back in (by joining another supporters group).

I guess the club wanted to make a point that the supporters groups have some autonomy, but it goes both ways and they have to police their own members. It sort of worked, we haven't had any problems since, and a whole bunch of these guys started showing up to games and slowly filling up another supporters group and flying under their banner. We know who they are because they wear a lot of black and make the most amount of noise, even though or colours are red and grey.

Wow just amazing how the rest of it all started out empty!
You, of all people, should be familiar with terra nullius.

Last edited:
I like the map, but I wonder how they could accurate (or at least semi-accurate) data for the early years.

I'd say at least semi-accurate. The tools may have been limited, but there was a lot of effort put into it.

I wonder what the cells that turn different colours, such as grey and green, mean.

Wow just amazing how the rest of it all started out empty!

That's not entirely fair. Although there is some fairness to it. The lightest color is 0-2 people per square mile. And if you look at that one spot in the middle of Maine that never changed from that, I spend time in that rectangle every year. It's not entirely uninhabited. Also, the largest 'empty areas' early on were places there was no census, because the US government did not yet claim that territory.

I also suspect that by the time that gif starts, most of the native population was already dead from diseases. :sad:

The bushfire smoke cost about 2 billion in health costs in Australia this summer, several times higher than in any previous season.

Screenshot_20200922-154647_Chrome.jpg

what a peculiar, strange and quite unexplainable bit in Oklahoma, nothing to see here I'm sure as all indigenous people were dead by then

upload_2020-10-7_11-49-14.png

Australia's second largest domestic user of natural gas, nearly as big as gas power plants, is the plants which liquefy natural gas for export

Last edited:
Which is why we don't really import a lot of LNG. Cost too high.

You are also a major natural gas exporter, both by pipeline and by ship, so there isn't much need to import

You are also a major natural gas exporter, both by pipeline and by ship, so there isn't much need to import

It's a regional thing. New England's pipelines are maxed. More aren't getting built.

Top Bottom