Daily Happenings thread - POLL

Whaddya think? For, against or something else?

• OMG DIS IS SO TRU (Yes, gogogoog)

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Dis I Disntlike (No - Explain your reasoning, plz)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Man, Yared is such an attention seeking brat... (Don't care)

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • [Insert joke about Radioactive Monkeys] (Other - Pls Explain)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Yared

That Guy
Yared said:
I think we need a new thread that encompasses both the Random Raves and the Random Rants thread.

Sometimes, things happen that people might find funny, interesting, thought-provoking, etc; and that which would create some interesting discussions, but that I can't post since they don't really fit in within the Random Raves/Rants threads.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but when people in the past have created similar threads, they've many times been shut down as they "fit into the Random R/R threads".

So what do you guys say? I for one hate having to write down a thing in two threads just because I want to mention the positive/negative sides of it.

What do you think about this?

None of the spam counts towards my pc anyway, so...don't really care either way.

Are you suggesting a separate thread, or for the two threads to be merged? Either way is an improvement IMO.

Sometimes, things happen that people might find funny, interesting, thought-provoking, etc; and that which would create some interesting discussions, but that I can't post since they don't really fit in within the Random Raves/Rants threads.

Make a thread about it then. ;)

Post count +++

A separate thread, in which the current Random rants thread is merged into. The Random raves thread is up to 46 pages. I'd rather we finish it and then continue posting the raves into the new thread.

Also, in the new thread you'd be able to post stuff that happened that aren't necessarily ranty or raveish.

Make a thread about it then. ;)

Post count +++

Temporary PC for teh win?

I think CFC OT isn't Twitter and shouldn't be treated as such. If something is sufficiently worthy of discussion it can have its own thread, otherwise tell Facebook.

Having two separate threads is better. Because that's how things are. It allows for separate conversations that don't get buried, at least.

The instances where someone will have a rant and a rave from a single event is infrequent enough to warrant it's own thread imo.

The vast majority of posts will be either rants or raves and I doubt people will talk about other everyday occurrences...people will, but it's wholesomely uninteresting.

A rant and rave thread example post: I dislike umbrellas. They shake in the wind

A rant thread example post of same material (person inclined to make it more rantish, and thus more interesting): Umbrellas suck. When I use my umbrella, it decides it's time to audition for a new Mary Poppin's film and tries to lift me up in the air. It shakes violently--even if it isn't windy--and it overacts, inserting his own lines to the script: "Hey Kennigit! Want some water? HUH? DO YA? well here you go punk, I'm gonna shake water on you even though you are using an umbrella!".

I think a thread with both rants and raves encourages mundane rants.

What is wrong with the "what did you achieve today" thread?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=161920

The RR threads often don't relate exclusively to the events of the day, but often to general musings about goings-on. A more neutral thread wouldn't have to be about describing achievements per se. That being said, I think the system works well enough as it is. If a post doesn't fit too closely in either one, arbitrarily choose between the two threads; it'll be deleted soon enough anyway.

I think CFC OT isn't Twitter and shouldn't be treated as such. If something is sufficiently worthy of discussion it can have its own thread, otherwise tell Facebook.

Not all of us have Facebook.

On my Petty board we have Random Thoughts. But Random Happenings could work too.

As the creator of Random Raves I support this measure. :)

Note : I also prefer the name "Daily Happenings" as "random" may not always apply.

Top Bottom