Daimyo of Domestics elections

Here is the thread Daimyo of Domestics elections. Please say if you would like to run.

Candidates:

Karhu
Krill
Ronnie1

I would appreciate hearing the candidates' philosophy regarding the position at stake. Just a few lines would be fine; How they view the position's role and how they would facilitate that. No need for a full strategy guide. ;)

Obviously the team's directives must be followed, but the Daimyos will still play an important role in shaping our choices.

I would also like to hear more on philosophy!

Hey Karhu or Ron - are either of you interested in running for this post?
If so - I'd nominate either one of you!

I also think AutoTeller (who I know is busy with other things at least for now) or Theoden could make good choices.

Consider yourselves all nominated!
Don't be shy in speaking up if you're interested!

I'm undecided if I'll accept the nomination, and it's mainly because I subscribe to the philosophy that it's every member of this teams right to offer opinions on every matter that comes up (with the exception of stuff that the turnplayer has to deal with immediately etc). To link this with my questions aimed at Remake, I feel that if the team wants to explore more, it is up to the team to come to a concensus that we need to explore more, what units we should explore with and where we should build them, and everyone should be able to comment on whether particular options are good or bad. The Daimyo should only really be here to act as an official charman and secretary, gaining concensus from the team and keeping the books tidy IMO, in addition to their ordinary role as a citizen of the team.

And to narrow the points to the DoI, so far the only people I've seen use the sim are me and Memphus, with Regoarrarr making a spreasheet to use (each to their own, though, I can't use spreadsheets to save my life). Everyone should be willing to download it and play about with it for an hour or two and just play for a few turns to see what they can do, especially if they have an idea, such as: hey, we have stone hooked nearby and an awesome production city, and we are safe from barbs for the moment due to fogbusters. What would have to do to get the GW asap and be safe from abrbs forever? Then play the sim for a bit and try to optimise everything (which shouldn't take long really once you've played through the first time) and post you comments and conclusions on the forum for everyone to think about. If people do this then, for example, Memphus and I (and the other people who like to MM) can look at the idea more closely to try and get it perfectly optimised to compare to our other possible courses of action. This keeps everyone in the team connected to the planning so the DoI doesn't become an insular group that seems to be controlling everything within the team and stop the DoI from going insane due to the large amounts of MM they can end up doing if left to do it alone.

So the DoI post, while not superflous, should not IMO be seen as a post to dictate what should happen, such as when new units will be built and where, just as I don't feel that the DoW should dictate to the DoI that the DoW wants more units before war is declared or wants a chariot from this city slaved asap for more scouting etc. Everything should be taken before the team first unless we need to do stuff really really quickly, but as this is turn based we should always be able to spare a few hours to debate between ourselves). An exception should be a scouting move that the turnplayer can decide upon, for example.

I'm kinda with Krill on this one....I want my input fully spread around! I also have a concern that I do not have enough time to do the position the justice it deserves.

@Krill - you've described how I envision the position of Diamyo working exactly! :hatsoff:

You've sold me! I'll support you for whatever position you want! :clap:

I'll write something up shortly; but first, I need a shower...I'll run for the position, but I can promise that by April one way or another I will have left office to concentrate on my final exams.

<Insert Charismatic Introduction>

My Platform:
  1. As first Daimyo of the Interior, I shall keep the worldbuilder simulation up to date, start and maintain the DoI thread (whatever it ends up being called) and help coordinate discussion on future city sites, worker jobs and city builds.
  2. Continue to update short and medium turn strategy plans regarding the above.
  3. Advocate a highly polite, cordial, and cooperative tone in dealing with foreign powers.
  4. Push for making diplomatic deals that are lopsidedly in favor of our opponents &#8211; to ensure we remain more valuable as a friend than as a potential target. I will try to keep the incentives always in favor of working with us rather than dog-piling against us.
  5. Constantly look for options to create oppurtunities for our diplomatic and military corps to bash the other teams with, such as which techs to research and when we could build military to kill someone.
  6. Strive to keep SANCTA on a path of growth until we can assemble sufficient military power to begin crushing our rivals the old fashioned way.
  7. Always, always, always honor the input of my fellow Ninjas and seek to implement the will of the team to the best of my ability.

OK, the above was basically either stolen from General_W or made up, so here it is in my words:

1. I'll keep the sim updated and try to help other people play it.

2. Offer my opinions to the team to discuss, and discuss other peoples opinions on what we should do.

3. Keep a thread updated with a current and near future economic plan for city builds, work force placements, tech research and worker jobs in line with the teams decisions.

<insert witty parting sentence>

:lol: I love it.

You have a real gift with words! ;)

- seriously... sounds good to me!

[...]and it's mainly because I subscribe to the philosophy that it's every member of this teams right to offer opinions on every matter that comes up[...]
I'll mooch off Krill's comment to feed my own ideas on the subject....

I like to think of the Shogun and Diamyos as enablers of the team's will. That is to say, their primary responsibility is to aggregate and synthesize the teams opinions, and in some cases (such as the Shogun and DoS) execute those opinions. This makes us more of a direct republic than a democracy. Second, and far less important, the Daimyo helps guide discussion; highlighting important comments by others that have gone unnoticed, keeping our discussions timely, and providing the result to the Shogun in a clear and consistent manner. Finally, the Daimyo uses their increased knowledge of the particular field to enhance our play. Such as knowing how to get the most from whipping or how to get a cottage economy up and running in record time.

I can't resist the urge to do some speech writing for Krill....
<Insert Charismatic Introduction>
My fellow Ninjas,
I know we are facing an enemy that we know little about, but that already has preconceived notions about us. As your Daiymo of Interior I will help SANTCA meet these threats head on.

[Insert Krill's Platform here.]

<insert witty parting sentence>
Elect me as your Daiymo of Interior and you'll never have to worry about what's in your pants! Super Awesome Today! Super Awesome Tomorrow!! Super Awesome FOREVER!!! :woohoo:

Cool, now I have people writting the content and the charisma to my speeches.

So who wants to add the jokes? :thumbsup: Thanks Karhu.

[Ron, AutoTeller, Theoden, Karhu] Consider yourselves all nominated!
I'd like to formally decline the Good General's nomination for this office.

well, crap. I used my nice speech to "run" against the General...

Gettysburg Address? Nah. Nixon's resignation? no way - way too long. I have a dream? Kind of sacriligeous.

ooh - Tony McAuliffe!!!

As to my nomination....

"Nuts!!"

(seriously, though, I'd be very bad at this - I'd ignore the threads for weeks on end)

If it's okay with everyone we'll open the polls tomorrow.

Top Bottom