Dalek Tyranny - Available Now!

CurtSibling

ENEMY ACE™
Hi, there!

Please have a shot at my latest CIV2 creation, for Test of Time - Dalek Tyranny!

It has been in production since last year, and has been put together with the help
of some of the most talented CIV2 creators around at the moment. The game takes place
on multiple maps, has a full range of units, sounds and an extensive ReadMe included.

It is set in the world of the popular British sci-fi, Doctor Who, and concerns an
invasion of Earth by the infamous Daleks and other hideous aliens. Check out the
ReadMe for more details...! So, let me know what you think.

And remember, you need a fully patched (up to 1.1) version of CIV2 Test of Time to play this!

Enjoy!

DALEK TYRANNY GAME FILES

IMPROVEMENT IMAGES

SOUNDS - PART 1

SOUNDS - PART 2

SOUNDS - PART 3

SOUNDS - PART 4

SOUNDS - PART 5

README FILE - PLEASE READ!

Some screenshots of the action!

Exterminate!

Too bad I dont have ToT... ohhhhh well....

Man. I think I'll have to install Tot again.

Just on that first screenshot: have you considered making those graphics for the impassable walls contiguous blocks so that they look more like walls? Something like this, for example:

Attachments

• Contiguous_Walls.png
    Contiguous_Walls.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 256
Heh!

That looks awesome, old chap!
Like with Bitterfrost, you show me how it is done!

Well....Any chance of a copy of said walls? :D

BTW, I have a new hosting place for Bitterfroth on the SL wiki.
If you can PM me on Poly, I'll sling some links you way for the cave!

:)

This looks intrigueing Curt :goodjob:

I'll have to give this a go but it's gonna be hard to trump that WWII scenario you made for ToT a few years ago. I was a big fan of the Dr. Who series when I was a kid, I liked John Pertwie the best.

I've attached those walls. You can use the same principle to make underground areas (see the mock-up in second attachment). Remember that the pixel in the top-left corner of each cell indicates the secondary transparent colour (after magenta), so it needs to be of a different colour to the rest of the cell contents otherwise you'll get holes in your graphics.

CurtSibling said:
BTW, I have a new hosting place for Bitterfroth on the SL wiki.
If you can PM me on Poly, I'll sling some links you way for the cave!
What, have you hidden it somewhere? I found Dictator ToT easily enough. That's the latest version, right?

CurtSibling said:
I hope you find this one lives up to your memories, I too liked old Jon Pertwee, he was one of the greats.

Although Troughton was my fave Doctor...He had the lovely Deborah Watling as his sidekick...
I've never seen any of the Troughton episodes. I don't know if they aired over here - maybe they did back in the day. Over the years the ABC has run repeats, but they've only dated back to the Pertwee era at the earliest. Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker were probably my favourites, but I reckon Eccleston's been the best since. It's a shame he quit. I couldn't stand McCoy; I wanted to punch his lights out. :mischief:

Attachments

• Dalek_Walls.png
    Dalek_Walls.png
    12 KB · Views: 167
  • Mummy_Tomb.png
    Mummy_Tomb.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 196
Heh!

These walls are totally excellent, Wobbegong!
I will convert them to match the other maps too...

I think the BBC cleverly trashed almost all the old cinefilms of the two initial
Doctors, thinking that no-one would need the old footage, I bet they are
kicking themselves now...Only a few of the old 1960s episodes exist now
on DVD...But what they have is good stuff...Fine TV cheddar!

Colin Baker was the one I wanted to hand over to the Zygons.
:)

CurtSibling said:
Colin Baker was the one I wanted to hand over to the Zygons.
They'd probably fondle his knobs. He might enjoy that. :D But yeah, Colin Baker's not one of my favourites either. He became more tolerable in the second half of his stint when he performed the role with more restraint. The quality of the writing was in decline by this stage, so that didn't help.

CurtSibling said:
Those mummies in the underground screenie look amazing...!
They're ancient (cough) mummies from around 2003. The tomb wall textures took me less than 10 minutes, so they're a bit rough - but you get the idea.

Just spotted this, Curt. Alas, I don't have Civ II at all, so I'm not going to be able to play it, at least not yet. But by a strange coincidence I've been secretly planning a Civ III Dr Who scenario myself featuring the inevitable Dalek invasion of Earth, too. Plus the Cybermen, of course, assuming I get round to making some. But I thought I'd add my voice to the general approval for this one. Even though I liked Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy. (My girlfriend's the Tom Baker fan.)

By the way - have you noticed that Grandraem has made you into a leaderhead?

Hi there, Plotinus!
There are tons of cool scenarios being built for CIV ToT at the moment,
many of which are pushing the boundaries of the game to the maximum.
Some old classics have been redone, and are worth picking up a copy
of ToT to check them out...;)

In any case, I think a CIVIII DW scenario or mod would be a splendid idea.

PS
Grandraem's leaderheads are totally awesome! The Baron truly rocks!

:cool:

Top Bottom