Damage to to Captured Cities

steveg700

Deity
Is there any rhyme or reason to the damage done to a captured city in terms of A) how much the population is reduced, and B) how many and what type of buildings are destroyed? Are these things utterly random, or straight percentages, or influenced by some varaible?

Is there any rhyme or reason to the damage done to a captured city in terms of A) how much the population is reduced, and B) how many and what type of buildings are destroyed? Are these things utterly random, or straight percentages, or influenced by some varaible?

I'm not sure but I havent never seen culture buildings or defensive buildings in captured cities

I think I normally notice the population drop by half, rounding up when it was an odd number before capture.

Defensive, culture, and faith buildings always get destroyed.

Infrastructure like harbors and granaries seem to survive sometimes.

I think it's cool that defensive buildings get destroyed, but I think they should take it further. Once you take the HP down by the HP of each defensive building, the city should also lose the extra defense that building gave. Also, things should get destroyed even if the city is attacked but never captured, instead of everything suddenly being gone once conquered.

Woudl be cool if when your city is under siege and has been attacked in the previous turn, that there's a % that a building is damaged/destroyed.

Chance of destruction of buildings is somewhere in the XML.

Most types already mentioned, but happiness buildings appear to have a very high survival rate.

I think it's cool that defensive buildings get destroyed, but I think they should take it further. Once you take the HP down by the HP of each defensive building, the city should also lose the extra defense that building gave. Also, things should get destroyed even if the city is attacked but never captured, instead of everything suddenly being gone once conquered.

Oh yeah, that would be a great addition. You just finish that building you'd been spending the last 15 turns making, and I come along take a couple of potshots with my arties and BOOM, it's gone before you got to cut the ribbon.

What's not to love about that?

Oh yeah, that would be a great addition. You just finish that building you'd been spending the last 15 turns making, and I come along take a couple of potshots with my arties and BOOM, it's gone before you got to cut the ribbon.

Yea I was thinking that after I posted too, so maybe something where you can rebuild a destroyed building with like half the hammers/gold of building a new one.

Most buildings that don't get auto-destroyed (i.e. defensive etc.) have a 66 % survival rate. From there on, it's a toss which will survive. You'll find this information in the CIV5Buildings.xml file:

Spoiler :
Code:
		<Row>
			<Type>BUILDING_GRANARY</Type>
			<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_GRANARY</BuildingClass>
			<FreeStartEra>ERA_RENAISSANCE</FreeStartEra>
			<Cost>60</Cost>
			<GoldMaintenance>1</GoldMaintenance>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_POTTERY</PrereqTech>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GRANARY_HELP</Help>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GRANARY</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_BUILDINGS_GRANARY_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GRANARY_STRATEGY</Strategy>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_GRANARY</ArtDefineTag>
			<MinAreaSize>-1</MinAreaSize>
			[b]<ConquestProb>66</ConquestProb>[/b]
			<HurryCostModifier>25</HurryCostModifier>
			<IconAtlas>BW_ATLAS_1</IconAtlas>
			<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>

Does anyone know how gold is awarded for captured cities? Sometimes you get a jackpot, sometimes you get pocket change.

In Civ III, sometimes bombardments would destroy buildings, it made the game almost unbearable.

Top Bottom