Damn, A Bug! A Crash, A Pissed Man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorPotato

Chieftain
Holy crap, I'm pissed, install the game and the first thing that it does after its installed is give me is a illegal operation. WHY!! A few seconds after hitting the "play civ 3" icon it shows the loading scene, then black then illegal operation. WHY i have win 98, GeForce 2 (are there new drives, where are the newest ones) and my comp is far better then the sys req. WHY! anyone else have this problem?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

latest drivers for the GeForce 2 is Detonator XP v21.83 Windows 95/98/Me
its compatable with the following GeForce 2 series cards
GeForce2 Pro
GeForce2 GTS
GeForce2 MX/MX 400/MX 200/MX 100
GeForce2 Ti
GeForce2 Ultra

download it here
http://209.213.197.10/Windows/21.83/Win9x_21.83.exe

while you are at it, get the latest drivers for your sound card aswell.

Originally posted by WarriorPotato
Holy crap, I'm pissed, install the game and the first thing that it does after its installed is give me is a illegal operation. WHY!! A few seconds after hitting the "play civ 3" icon it shows the loading scene, then black then illegal operation. WHY i have win 98, GeForce 2 (are there new drives, where are the newest ones) and my comp is far better then the sys req. WHY! anyone else have this problem?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmm...I havent had one ounce of problems all day...I also have win98 and GeForce2...so it might not be those 2 things...I dunno what else it might be...but lets not jump to conclusion and say Firaxis rushed this thru production...there doesnt seem to be a wide spread problem, yet...And besides...what game doesnt have a few problems with a few configurations or what-nots...

I haven't had a problem either mine works great,,,,,,, THE GAME ROCKS

i don't know if this helps -- after install and after the infrogame intro -- everything froze -- had to do a hard reboot. anyways thought it was a vid problem when it was my sound card -- I reselected the sound setting in control panel. Dunno if this helps..good luck...

yeah, like Johnny said, half the time when you think its a problem with the video card, its usually the sound card. get the latest drivers for them along with your video card. Latests drivers usually fix all the problems.

Yeah, can't wait for some patches. I am running latest drivers for my card too, and it does an illegal operation about every 10 minutes. Very disappointing for a game to be realeased like this, especially one that is not on the cutting edge graphically. Seems like a rush job.

And to think I almost bought the LE to support these jokers.

Mine has crashed once, after I turned the auto-save off. I lost about 4 turns. I haven't gotten any illegal operations yet though.

Now I save at the end of each turn. It works fine.

I have 256 MB RDRAM, a 1.7 GHz Pentium 4 processor, and a GeForce3 64 MB video card on my computer.

Read the thread titled: Civilization III Fixes (PLEASE READ)

I work for Infogrames Tech Support and I have posted the fixes I have come across. Post any new problems there, and hopefully we can get them resolved! :)

Thank You!

I've had no problems with the game at all, I find it really stable. Windows has failed more times.

Why the hell would you reply to a 3 year old thread with such nonsence??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom