1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Damnit firaxis can't you do anything right!??!??!?!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Shmike, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

JEEZ MAN! DON'T THROW THIS IN THE RANTS THREAD PLEASE I WANT THIS TO BE SEEN BY THEM. Alright, so this hotfix you release a couple of days ago worked with one game. Second game, not so lucky, keep getting crashes. Patch failed, doesn't do anything. I wish over here they had a consumers right thing like they do in Europe, I would of demanded a refund. FREAKING GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME!!!!!!! OR HAND OVER THE GAME TO THE MODDING COMMUNITY! I FREAKING HATE CAPITALISM AND THESE GREEDY CORPORATE BASTARDS THAT DON'T CARE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN MONEY. THAT'S THE SAME REASON THERE ISN'T A CURE FOR CANCER THAT YOU KNOW OF BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW BECAUSE THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY OFF TREATMENT!

2. Harvestmoon

Harvestmoon Chieftain

I agree with everything this lunatic just said.

Except the crashes. I've only ever crashed one game - huge map with Russia in the future era. My machine just couldn't handle it.

3. esemjay

esemjay Prince

http://www.wikihow.com/Calm-Down

No comment, since I wasn't getting crashes anyways.

I wasn't getting crashes... maybe it's just a resource hog on some builds?

They will, eventually.

Feel free to make a competitive version, yourself, and cover all of the expenses.

I would like to see proof of that statement. Go ahead. I'll wait. :)

4. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

Not a lunatic bub, just angry I spent 50 dollars on this broken game.

5. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

Of course your not going to believe me so why bother?

6. esemjay

esemjay Prince

When confronted with credible evidence, I might.

7. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

8. lietkynes

lietkynes Hello sword !

lol wtf

9. esemjay

esemjay Prince

I don't feel like watching the entire video- can you point out where it says that Capitalists are withholding a cure for cancer so they can make money? As far as I can tell, it would actually be more profitable to release a cure for cancer than to withhold it. Just look at how the Polio vaccine came out, and the virus was almost eradicated. It wasn't cost effective to finish the job- so Polio still exists because of Capitalism, but only in isolated areas (also thanks to Capitalism).

The only link between Cancer and Capitalism that I can think of would be that Capitalism promotes independent companies setting up independent factories. More factories = more pollution = more cancer.

10. Harvestmoon

Harvestmoon Chieftain

Stop hijacking this critical and informative thread!

11. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

I strongly recommend watching it.

12. esemjay

esemjay Prince

Maybe later. I'm a pretty big fan of capitalism. I don't want to ruin that.

I also want to read the book, first. I hear those are always better :p

13. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

That's not a Michael Moore thing.

14. Bad Brett

Bad Brett King

Yeah, me too. It's a bit like Churchill said about democracy... It's the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. :)

You should of course never believe these kinds of youtube conspiracy videos, unless there are 5-10 reliable independent sources that claim the same thing, because 99.99% of the time it's just quackery.

But, capitalism is about successful, and you don't become successful by releasing bad games. Civ V may be crap, but it's more likely because of stupidity than capitalistic thinking.

15. Smote

Smote Emperor

I think a single world government is a good idea. I see no problem with this. Obviously there would need to be some major balance of powers within the world government to prevent any specific element having too much power. Such a government would help greatly in removing costly wars and reducing suffering.

America would still retain its national identity, just as Texans retain their state identity.

Somehow this youtube video suggests that the constitution/bill of rights will be discarded like some idle document. This will not happen, too many Americans love their rights. We would not stand for a major regression of rights. The world isn't going to randomly "collapse like a house of cards" like this video suggests.

16. esemjay

esemjay Prince

I don't see a single world government happening any time soon. It would take the hand of God to make a single African government. For real- only place on earth where the entire continent is at war... and there's zoo animals on the loose!

17. Smote

Smote Emperor

I don't either, really, but this video talks fearfully of a covert single world government formed between national leaders. Its kinda laughable.

18. esemjay

esemjay Prince

That's even less plausible, in my opinion. And if it does exist, it's probably even more useless than the UN- in which case I would keep it a secret, too.

19. cman2010

cman2010 King

I think the op is one of those people that sits around in a tin foil hat waiting for the world to end.

20. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.