dancing Hoskuld's mods [MODULAR]

9th June 2010 converted SaibotLieh's Female Missionaries ModComp to RoM 2.91 and to RoM/AND 1.73 See thread.

30th April 2010 new mod Subdued Animals. Suitable for RoM and AND but not necessarally for snail speed and slower games.

Update for RoM 2.9 My RoM Mod Pack
Contains
- some of Orion Veteran's wonders modified for RoM
- new graphics for trade caravan and viking longboat (button)
- static wonder movies for some of wonders without movies
- spies upgrade to agents (Mot needed if you have Vincentz , VIP mod)
- tea mod

The current version of the Warriors of God] mod can be found in HAND, I am doing some minor changes which need some testing.

Older versions for RoM 2.8

Update 14th Feb 2010 Tidied up Trade Caravan (RoM and AND) and Hunting Lodge (AND only) so they can be included in future releases of AND.

New 10th Feb 2010 - Orion Veteran's Wonders (some)

These wonders were posted by Orion Veteran and only needed minor changes to work with RoM. The only major change was to the National Slave wonder. Included are "The Ark of the Covenant", "the Library of Alexandria", "The National Archives", "Strategic Grain Reserve" and "National Slave Auction".

All work with A New Dawn. All but National Slave Auction work with RoM.

Some of his wonders are already in RoM, some are the same as/similar to AAranda's.

Note. If you have my previous conversion of the Strategic Grain Reserve you should remove it.

I have a couple of modular mods that I think people may find useful.

Each is set up to be copied into the Assets\Modules folder. Wehere they will create or overwrite the DancingHoskuld folder.

You may need to add the following to the file MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml.

Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>DancingHoskuld</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>
or maybe change "Dancing Hoskuld" to "DancingHoskuld" ie no space. Apparently there has been a generic MLF file created which has all our folders in it already.

The modules are:-

Tea Mod - first posted in not all resources are equal (tea)

This makes tea and incense more important. Updated and tested with RoM 2.8

Holy Shrine mod - makes holy shrines a great wonder again so that the great prophet's action buttons work like they do in standard BTS. IE if a shrine is built by anyone it will no longer show as one of the actions for the Great Prophet. Works with RoM 2.81 Only partially works with A New Dawn.

Note 0. you should only use this mod if you have increased the maximum number of great wonders that can be built in a city.
Note 1. does not work for Nagaism holy shrine and I can't get it to without changing Zappara's XML which I don't want to.
Note 2. have not yet made one for AAranda's religions

Shinto and Shamanism based on AAranda's religion mod this replaces is Shinto religion so is not compatible with that mod. Moved into that mod. This currently only works with A New Dawn but I am working on one which works with just RoM.

Extra movie pack adds some static movies for some of the wonders. The good thing is that if you want to down load "real" movies from the WonderMovie thread and put the movie in your movie folder replacing any of these statics then it will work. I have already tested Hermatige, Globe Theatre and I think Apollo porject movies from that source.

Trade Caravan graphics just a replacement for the trade caravan so that it does not look like a Great Merchant.

Some A New Dawn mods
Warriors of God which is a conversion of the mod by The_J
Vicinity buildings which is based on the idea that some buildings require a resource near by to function.

Dancing Hoskuld, I am getting exe runtime errors when I try to use the tea mod with my save. The game starts up fine, but when it starts loading the save, it crashes. I am also using Vincentz's mods.

Dancing Hoskuld, I am getting exe runtime errors when I try to use the tea mod with my save. The game starts up fine, but when it starts loading the save, it crashes. I am also using Vincentz's mods.

The Tea mod is XML only which means that it won't be compatible with saves which don't have it in there. These days I put all the new mods that come out in a "to be added to RoM before I start the next new game" folder and keep playing with what I have until I complete the game. Which is usually a MAF/CTD late game when I forgot to save for an hour :lol:

These days I put all the new mods that come out in a "to be added to RoM before I start the next new game" folder and keep playing with what I have until I complete the game.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that does that.:)

The PYTHON code I had fixed for AAranda's mods was causing lag. I admit I was not the originator of the code just put it in the correct place. It was from a mod that did not have as many buildings as RoM.

See first post for the patch.

I found a bug in your tea mod. Tea is supposed to be revealed at calendar but it is revealed by Agricultural Tools.

Tea Mod fixed and updated for RoM 2.8. Holy Shrine mod works in Rom 2.8.

Coming Soon - Shamans and Shinto mod suggested by JaeChunDaeSung. It is still being discussed, so comments are welcome.

Spoiler :
Request by JaeChunDaeSung
"I may have found a way to potentially add Shinto to available religions.

Aaranda originally made it available after researching Feudalism, but historically, the religion has been synonymous with Japanese civilization from the beginning of its written history. So it would involve a new, but early age technology, along the lines of Dualism providing Zoroastrianism.

If this were to be done, I would also add an early age structure for this tech, just so that researching this wouldn't be such a dead end like Dualism (only providing a religion and the Hanging Gardens).

To clarify, Aaranda made all of his religions available through existing technologies (Feudalism for Shinto, Naturopathy for Druidism, Mysticism for Animism, Music for Yoruba, Fundamentalism for Voodoo). I just felt that it seemed more fitting that Shinto be an early Asian religion not so laborious to reach for, unlike Confucianism (Code of Laws), which already has Monarchy and Writing as its prereqs."

Mod name - Shamans and Shinto

Technology - Shamanism
  • Requires Ceremonial Burial and Priesthood
  • Alternate prerequsite for Meditation
  • First to discover founds Shinto
  • Can build Shaman's Hut

Building - Shaman's Hut
  • Req Naturopathy, Shamanism
  • Obsolete with Scientific Method
  • +1 :culture:
  • +1 :health:
  • +1 :) with Incense
  • +1 :) with Folklore
  • Can train 1 Priest

Technology - Geomancy
  • Prerequisites: Calendar + Cloud Patterns
  • Geomantic practices like Feng Shui have always served a cultural/spiritual purpose in societies, and until later science and technology, was a means of planning development and divination with the earth.
  • +1 :) in all cities
  • +1 :) from Grove, Castle Garden, City Park
  • +5% :science: for Monasteries

Maybe, so this isn't a dead end tech, first to discover should get a Great Prophet or Scientist?[/QUOTE]

Religion - Shinto (From Aaranda's religion mod)

• Missionary - Kannushi (3 max)
  • Holy Shrine - Ise Jingu (Ise Grand Shrine)
  • Unique Promotion - Bushido. To fully associate Bushido with warmongering would be a bit much, so this seemed more reasonable. If it didn't clash with Afforess' latest Martial Arts promotions, I would have added Free Martial Arts Promotion, normally available with Buddhism and Taoism. Note: AAranda's religions modmod has three promotions already Bushido 1, Bushido 2, and Bushido 3.

Promotion - Bushido
  • -25% Upgrade Cost
  • Garrisoned city less likely to revolt

Maybe the 25% promotion discount might as well be 50% like the promotion for Sun Tsu's Art of War.

Do you like the art for the Shamanism tech? I found a simpler one, I originally considered that.

Maybe the 25% promotion discount might as well be 50% like the promotion for Sun Tsu's Art of War.

Do you like the art for the Shamanism tech? I found a simpler one, I originally considered that.

I like the first one but have tried it with the new one. There is still something going wrong with the Shinto buildings not displaying and I have not been able to build the shrine for some reason. Nor have I got the civics effect working.

You mentioned that you preferred this not to go across mods then mention stuff from Afforess :). Still testing.

You mentioned that you preferred this not to go across mods then mention stuff from Afforess :). Still testing.

Since Cloud Patterns is an "Or" prereq, you can make it only require Cloud Patterns if the player is using my Meteorology Modmod. (If you don't know how, PM me with your techinfos.xml, and I'll show you.)

...you can make it only require Cloud Patterns if the player is using my Meteorology Modmod

Excellent, no conflict. The reason I brought this up was obviously because I first appealed these ideas to Afforess, but the Geomancy was an idea to tie in with what he had already created. Perhaps Geomancy calls for a building of some kind?

Also, this is only a thought, since its not my specialty, but what of earth science techs?

In the meantime, I'll find some worthy information and Pedia quotes.

Since Cloud Patterns is an "Or" prereq, you can make it only require Cloud Patterns if the player is using my Meteorology Modmod. (If you don't know how, PM me with your techinfos.xml, and I'll show you.)

I did have it as an Or with cloud patterns but the way I usually study techs meant that Geomancy was available early medieval so I put it to and.

Excellent, no conflict. The reason I brought this up was obviously because I first appealed these ideas to Afforess, but the Geomancy was an idea to tie in with what he had already created.

I was actually referring to the beautification buildings :)

Perhaps Geomancy calls for a building of some kind?

In the meantime, I'll find some worthy information and Pedia quotes.

Yea, my quotes were just place holders.

I did have it as an Or with cloud patterns but the way I usually study techs meant that Geomancy was available early medieval so I put it to and.

Doesn't matter, really. Sorry, if I mislead you. But I would add a dependency to check for my techs. Otherwise, players are going to be miffed at some XML load errors.

I have posted the beta for Shinto and Shamanism in the first post.

Known issues
  • have not got the civics for shaman's hut working
  • problems with the pedia text and graphics
  • dependency and links to Afforess' stuff

To track down all the strange problems I am having I re-started from scratch. First I just did the technologies.

Problem 1: The fix by Afforess to have "Cloud Patterns" as a selective prerequiste for Geomancy is not working. Note I used your XML from the last post for the dependencies, I changed nothing.

Problem 2. All the work I did getting Geomancy in the space in the tech tree has gone to waste now that the "Sports mod" is included by Afforess' :(

The tech tree is too cramped. Plain and Simple. I think it needs a rewrite, adding 7-8 more rows, and spreading things out a bit. That would make it much better.

Also, I just noticed. Geomancy is too cheap, the techs around it cost 2-3x as much, but Shinto is too expensive, being twice the cost of other nearby techs...

Also, I just noticed. Geomancy is too cheap, the techs around it cost 2-3x as much, but Shinto is too expensive, being twice the cost of other nearby techs...
At last someone spotted my deliberate mistake :) No I had forgotten the iAssets tag and it was based on what ever I copied it from. I have fixed Shamanism and was about to fix Geomancy.

Any idea why your dependancy code is not working? I have almost finished putting it all back together. Just the wonders to do.

I was wondering if the Itsukushima Shrine would not be better as a National Wonder for anyone with a state religion of Shinto rather than a Great Wonder?

Any idea why your dependancy code is not working? I have almost finished putting it all back together. Just the wonders to do.

No idea why. I PM'd mamba, the last real person in WoC, and hopefully will get an answer, because that code seems fine to me, and it isn't giving an error, and the dependency logs clearly showing it working on my computer...

Top Bottom