1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dancing Hoskuld's unoffical addons for RoM 2.6

Discussion in 'RoM Modmods' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Since there are likely to be four I decided to make a thread to hold them all.

Missing Rom Movies for RoM 2.7 - these modular addons they do not change any existing files. Now that RoM has gone WoC these should work for future versions without me having to do anything :) Unfortunately I got something wrong in teh XML so while they work for 2.7 they don't work for 2.71, I am testing a fix now. Edit: 23/7/09 patch to fix movies in 2.71 attached below. It goes in Modules/Custom Buildings and works with generalstaff's extra wonders.

All are put in the Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Buildings folder

Silk Road by Arian
    Theater of Dionysus by Arian
    Pont Du Gard by Arian
    Circus Maximus by unknown
    Marco Polo by Johny Smith
    Adam Smith's Traiding Company by Johny Smith
    Newton's University by Johny Smith

Static wonder movies by me
    Einstein's Lab, Edison's Workshop, Encyclopedie and Edinburgh Castle

Still testing the rest. It takes a long time on marathon even when I cheat to make sure I get to build them :)

Older Versions

Missing Rom Movies for RoM 2.6 - these modular addons they do not change any existing files. Edit 30th March: to replace file on FileFont with a group of files on CivForum database.

Note: These don't work with WoCed versions of RoM ie 2.63 or 2.7test2 onwards. They will show the movies but they also double the bonuses.

Spoiler :
    This is a addon to Rise of Mankind (current version 2.6) the XML changes are modular and the movies are also in the Modules\Wonder Movies\ directory.

Wonder movies done so far:-

Adam Smith's Traiding Company - Johny Smith
    Circus Maximus -?
    International Space Station - Arian
    Marco Polo - Johny Smith
    Newton's University - Johny Smith
    Pont du Gard - Arian
    SDI - Arian
    Silk Road - Arian
    Theater of Dyonysus - Arian

Static wonders :-

Apollo Space Program - a simple conversion from Civ III Rise and Rule by me (Dancing Hoskuld)
    Eddison's Workshop - a simple conversion from Civ III Rise and Rule by me (Dancing Hoskuld)
    Edinburgh Castle - picture pinched from web site
    Einstein's Workshop - a simple conversion from Civ III Rise and Rule by me (Dancing Hoskuld)
    Encyclopedie - a simple conversion from Civ III Rise and Rule by me (Dancing Hoskuld)
    World Network News - a simple conversion from Civ III Rise and Rule by me (Dancing Hoskuld)

Missing that I know of:-

New Crusade wonders - Krak des Chevaliers, Montfort Castle, Al-Aqsa Mosque
    Wonders and Projects - First Cloned Mammal, Global Stock Exchange, Human Genome, Sillicon Valley, Supercollider, Thermo somthing or other, Universal translator

Each is independent of the others. Due to FileFont closing I have loaded them here which means they wont all fit in one file.
    Adam Smith and Pont du Gard
    Circus Maximus
    International Space Station
    Marco Polo's Embassy, Newton's College and static or place holder movies.
    SDI
    Silk Road and Theater of Dionysus

Missionary sounds for the new missionaries - obsolete since it was included in RoM 2.62

Abandon City - Raise building mod. Now included in RoM 2.7

2. Munger

Munger Dietary

Sweet! I'm loving this new trend in mods for the RoM mod. :D

However are they compatible with each other? I must have them all! :king:

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

@Munger, if the mod is modular it should be compatible with other modular mods. So my missing movie mod should be compatible with a mod that adds new modular units or buildings. However mods which change the same file such as the main python event manager or change the same bits of XML, ie for the same building even if modular, it won't be compatible.

So Civ Fuehrer's and Jooyo's mods will not be compatible with my Abandon City merge nor with my proposed Great People merge. This is because the mods all change the python code which is not modular.

Either we would need to work together to merge all the bits together or if Zappara likes some of them they may get included in the main RoM.

I know that jooyo proposed to have Abandon City and the missing movies in her/his mod. So you would not need mine as well. But we will need to wait and see what actually makes it into the mod first :)

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have just noticed that Zappara has changed what happens when you raise a city with holy shrine(s) and other holy buildings. You get more money but anger the other players (AI?) who have that/those religions. This means I will take longer to do this than I thought. To make matters worse I can't get the game to recognise the keyboard command - Cntl-A in this case. Which is another difference with jooyo's mod which uses Cntl-X for the same thing.

5. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I tried to include abandon-raze city component to RoM 2.6 but couldn't get the shortcut work. I think BUG mod's new feature StrategyOverlay is preventing it somehow. By the way that feature uses ctrl-x and alt-x shortcuts.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

MY Abandon City conversion uses Cntl-A. I have noticed that you can only Cntl-A in the city screen but the pop up appears very briefly once you exit the city screen. I assume that it is exiting itself because it is empty since you are no longer in the city screen - if that makes sence.

So I have the shortcut being recognised in the right place but the event code is activating in the wrong screen. I figured that it must be something new that was causing it.

7. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

Dancing Hoskuld can I merge your Missionary sounds to my next addon? :)

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sure, thats why they are here ;)

9. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

Your Missionary sounds don't work ;). You only added sounds to xml\audio but you must also change some lines in civreligioninfo.xml to add this sounds to game.

EDIT:
    and in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml :)

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Interesting, since it works fine for me. I tested it on a clean install, althouigh the only sounds I was interested in was when the missionary tried to spread the religion.

I can see that I should change CivReligionInfo.xml but there does not seem to be anything in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml that is relevant. What is it that you think needs changing there?

11. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file is a tag <TrainSound>, but maybe I wrong and it no need to be change since all units having the same sound...

I have also trying merge abandon city mod with RoM2.6, and for now with no effect... Abandon City popup don't appear...

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Updated the Missionary Sounds patch to fix some events (xml) which were still using old sounds eg Zoro was still using Buddist in one place, xml\gameinfo\CivReligionInfo.xml.

13. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Unit sounds (specific to that unit) are set in the nif files and then those audios are defined in audio define xmls (normal, 2D and possibly 3D as well).

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I now have the Abandon City Demolish Building mod working with BUG. Now I need to get it working with RoM, but being me I want it to be generic and not include the RoM code but call the onCityRazed event instead :) So I am currently chasing up how this all works together.

15. jooyo

jooyo Warlord

This is great news! :D I have trying but fail with converting abandon city mod to RoM2.6. I don't know to this day why this mod didn't work correcly...

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Out now - Abandon City Demolish Building mod for RoM 2.6. See first post for download link.

The good thing I have achieved with this is that I did not have to put all that code zappara had put in onCityRazed since the mod now calls that event. Fewer places that need changing when new stuff is added.

It currently only gives one worker for each five population in the original city rathre than settlers as in my RoM 2.5 conversion. I thought I should get it working, post it to both fourms and then see what the RoM community wanted.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Moved the movies from filefont to CivFanatics.

18. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I've included this now to v2.62 patch. Made few changes to it though: abandoning city gives also settlers (or colonist/pioneer if player has required techs) if city is large enough and demolishing buildings give 20% of building's original cost back to player as gold, this also checks game speed modifiers as those affect building costs ;)

What I still like to include to this component is that when demolishing non-state religious buildings, there should be unhappiness penalty to the city for some turns. And another thing is checking for UU workers&settlers.. the code already finds the worker / settler unit types with python so it shouldn't be too hard to add code which checks for unique units... There possibly should also be check when player tries to demolish his last city, if he does that the game is lost.

19. Munger

Munger Dietary

Zap, will you also include the missing wonder movies from this mod?

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Excellent, I had found examples of code to do this but had not got it working yet :)

I am still amazed that discussions here and in the Inquasiosion mod suggest that it is OK to destroy a state religion building. I would have thought more people would have been upset with than for a minority religion.

Again, I have found some code that does something like this but haven't figured out how it is done yet.

I tested this and the player does loose/end the game if the city is too small. Or are you suggesting that you should not be allowed to abandon their last city.