Danish air force pays Santa compensation over death of Rudolph

Gabryel Karolin

Gammelgädda
Hahahah, just what I needed at 6 in the morning :lol: .

Air force payout cures Santa woes

Reindeers are a vital part of Christmas
The Danish air force has admitted causing the death of Rudolph the reindeer and has paid compensation to Father Christmas.
Olovi Nikkanoff, one of Denmark's professional Santa Clauses, says his reindeer died of shock as fighter planes flew low overhead.

The air force admitted liability and paid him 31,175 kroner (£2,850).

"We're more than happy to pay if it means children around the world will get their presents," a spokesman said.

Mr Nikkanoff said he was devastated in February when he discovered his reindeer's body.

The animal had been grazing happily, he said, when two Danish F-16s thundered overhead.

He complained to the air force, which ordered an investigation.

"We got a letter from Santa complaining about his reindeer's death and looked into it seriously," air force spokesman Captain Morten Jensen told Associated Press.

Flight data showed the jets had been in the area at the time, and a vet concluded that their deafening roar had caused Rudolph to have heart failure.

Mr Nikkanoff feared he would have only one reindeer to pull his sleigh this Christmas.

But after the air force's decision he declared himself happy with the payout and said he was looking forward to this year's festive season with a new animal on his team.

EDIT: From the BBC website.

Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw him,
you would even say it glows.

All of the other reindeer
used to laugh and call him names.
They never let poor Rudolph
join in any reindeer games.

Then one Feburary Morning,
2 Jet flew overhead
And Poor Grazing Rudolph ,
Would Soon be found dead

Then Santa sued the Airforce
And shouted out with glee:
"31 thousand kroner,
give it all to me!"

I know its lame but I couldn't help myself :D

This is purely Canadian sabotage. They'll do anything to take our Island, and this is clearly an attempt to ruin our airforce by slowly draining it for money.

One down, seven to go.

Or perhaps they were after Santa himself? I'm reminded of a certain sub-plot in A Fish Called Wanda.

santa is a known canadian collaborator. dont be fooled by the pay-out, this is a pre-emptive intimidation striek at its finest, to shift the arctic balence of power clearlly in the danes favor.

Santa is a traitor! Shoot him in front of the kids!

Why are all the threads related to Denmark always about these kind of things:hmm:

Xen said:
santa is a known canadian collaborator. dont be fooled by the pay-out, this is a pre-emptive intimidation striek at its finest, to shift the arctic balence of power clearlly in the danes favor.

Yup, Santa's finally been outed as a Hoser! Not that it was hard to tell: red-and-white suit, beer belly, bad moustache-beard combo...

Yoda Power said:
Why are all the threads related to Denmark always about these kind of things:hmm:

Not enough oil, not enough thumbing their noses at the US, not involved enough in Iraq, not enough progressive/immoral (depending on your viewpoint) social policies, not a well-enough known leader... I could go on, but I won't. :p

Che Guava said:
Yup, Santa's finally been outed as a Hoser! Not that it was hard to tell: red-and-white suit, beer belly, bad moustache-beard combo...
Hmm that seems to be the Danish stereotype too. I guess we aren't that different from the hated Canadians..?

IglooDude said:
Not enough oil, not enough thumbing their noses at the US, not involved enough in Iraq, not enough progressive/immoral (depending on your viewpoint) social policies, not a well-enough known leader... I could go on, but I won't. :p
Denmark actually has plenty of oil, apparently enough to support ourself (though for some reason we sell a lot of it). We actually have forces in Iraq too.

But ok whatever...

How would you explain to a child that Rudolf is dead - that the songs and images are not genuine?

Mark my words... Denmark shall succumb to the mighty Canadian juggernaut and arctic victory will soon be at hand!

Plus Denmark's even less important to the world than Canada! :nuke: :nuke:

Yoda Power said:
Hmm that seems to be the Danish stereotype too. I guess we aren't that different from the hated Canadians..?

Denmark actually has plenty of oil, apparently enough to support ourself (though for some reason we sell a lot of it). We actually have forces in Iraq too.

But ok whatever...

See? Your marketing department just isn't getting out the right image! :lol:

Yoda Power said:

Hmmm....other similarities too: Americans make fun of the way we speak, just like how Swedes and Norweigens poke fun at you guys. Y'know what I'm talking aboot, eh?

What's the joke? "Danish is just Norweigen with a speech impediment"? ;)

Top Bottom