Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Nah, but I do have (very far into the future) plans to make yet another Denmark civ, though. But that's not it.

Damn, it seems a lot is happening in regards to Ragusa - what with the new icon on the wiki, the fact that the other unique seems to have been settled (for now :p) and now an icon for the Argosy.

Obviously they're still very far off, but presumably you are now at a point where you are confident with their design? Can't wait to see what the UGP does as well.

We have a concrete design for Ragusa!

... A completely bananas design for Ragusa.

... A completely bananas design for Ragusa that we've no idea how to even start to code.

But it's concrete. =]

Good question really - I haven't actually had time to consider it fully yet. It does seem like a waste to just abandon the plans now, especially since we have this really great designs, sql framework complete with a bunch of lua done as well, not to mention a really great Menelik II map by Kerfuffle. For now, consider the plans in that regard unchanged, though somewhat of a lower priority.

What isn't - and will not be - changed is the Ragusa plans. All 4 (!!!) unique icons are done not counting the civ icon, the leader scene is in progress, and (veeeery slow) work has begun on the custom User Interface component. I tell you, I don't know how JFD does it, but the mere designing of such an interface is freaking difficult; trying to achieve a layout which is both pleasing to the eye, somewhat similar to the vanilla style, easily overview-able and at the same time functional, well, so far it has taken more time designing than the actually coding of it.
But it's getting there and looks like it'll be faster than I'd've dared to hope for a couple of weeks ago :).

In regards to my other plans, well except for Struensee and K-B, I think it's fair to say that nothing is certain, though when was it ever :p.

I don't really see reasons to abandon projects, to be honest. It's not like Civ V will stop existing after October, and the amount of civs available will be much higher than civ VI.

Agreed, but it might take some of the fun out of it. I know I'll be spending my limited time playing Civ VI and porting over my mods (if that's even going to be possible) rather than sticking to Civ V. I'll probably still be supporting my Civ V mods, but it won't have my full attention. That is, if Civ VI is any good of course ;).

That map is fantastic - I really hope that we get to see the Ethiopia split, even if it has to be scaled down to be realistically released.

That said - it's also good to hear that some plans won't be changing, and that Ragusa at least, along with K-B and Struensee will be seeing a release at some point in the future.

I predict there will be a period of shuffling between modding for the two titles until we settle for one or the other, but I have a good feeling the civ v modding community will stick around for a while yet.

Yes. Faroe Islands will be made, but the design has been simplified quite a bit to be a simple Food/Culture/Faith focus. Still synergetic I think and hopefully fun to play.

Now, supporters, allies and sympathisers of the Free States of DMS, I humbly ask you of your assistance in a most dire (but not immediately pressing) matter. The joint DMS-MC annexation of the Kanem-Bornu Empire is nearing its final stages, but in order for the plans to continue, suggestions for Events and Decisions (as well as for a potential UCI text) is much required.
In advance - on behalf of More Civs, Scapegrace and myself - thank you for your time and assistance.

Edit: btw, anyone has Howard Tafty (if that is in deed the correct name) on Steam? Can't seem to find him.

Struensee is practically done, but even though designed I haven't gotten around to code the second decision as it is a bit more complex than usual. I might dumb it down a notch though. Missing is also a Struensee pedia, which Scapegrace intended to do, but unfortunately has been too busy to get to yet, so it might get added at a later date.
I also had all these elaborate Event ideas depicting the insanity of the King and the romantic relationship of the Queen and Struensee, but ultimately it just proved to be too time-consuming, so they have been replaced by a single way simpler event.

But as mentioned before, I won't release anything before having updated all civs with various bug fixing, mod support, icon polishing, etc., etc.

Talking about that, something needs to be done about Patagonia's icon. In game it looks way too small and is practically impossible to see. Example:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom