1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Danmacsch, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Ajsieg

Ajsieg Warlord

Yeah I knew that. The art felt really India-based to me. Except for Mycenae I don't know what else it would be that's "Not exactly" Greek.

2. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Alright... I will go with Tyre (city built on rocks)

3. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

Okay, maybe that was a bit misleading then. Think Mediterranean, trade and foremost silver.

Yeah, that's not that either :p

4. Ajsieg

Ajsieg Warlord

Then it's either Tartessos or another Sardinian Civ. Oh I could be just wrong again :p.

Guandao likes this.
  5. Danmacsch

6. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Phoenician is spelled funny...
    I wonder who the leader is for Tartessos

7. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

Well I'd assume the king Arganthonios as he's referenced by Herodotus as being an important ruler.

8. OrderofOlav

OrderofOlav King of Procrastination

Damn, looking at the wiki you got quite a few civs up ahead in the future! Are you still toying with the idea of a Roman unification of Italy scenario?

9. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Few notes on the Faroe Islands and Epirus. Am using CP(14 Dec), JFD mods, E&D, HR, EE and Leugi's PeC:

Faroe Islands:
    - UA: Noticed that Pilot Whales appear en massa at all the cities on the same turn (log attached). Not sure if coincidence but more even spread would be better.
    - UA: The +2 movement logic seems to have some flaws. Unit in city doesn't get the +2. Also it appears that a unit in friendly waters which does have the +2 movement spends 2 movement points to just move 1 tile? Also have seen trireme get +2 movement at start of turn but then out of movement points after regular number. Couldn't quite figure out the exact logic behind flaw.
    - UB: The +2 food on unworked tiles doesn't appear, but what would be the use even to get it- when you would lose the +2 food when working the tile? The +1 culture works though.
    - UU: The Grindadrap gets all its movement points back when improving (so you can improve numerous sea resources in 1 turn when close enough to each other). Also: read about challenges on getting the UU work with improvement time, so was thinking: with the new worker logic in JFD CiD (build charges for workers) - couldn't the same be applied to the Grindadrap, so that you would get for instance 3 charges to improve a sea resource after which it is disbanded or turns into military unit or something?
    - Decision: The Sheep Letter doesn't give WLTKD which might be related to Leugi's PeC that changes WLTKD. Would compatibility be possible, so that for this decision you get a Festival instead of a WLTKD?

Epirus:
    - Had a game in which barbarians got a Ptolemaic Elephant. Not sure this comes from the Epirus-mod or perhaps CP?

Attached Files:

Danmacsch likes this.
  10. Danmacsch

Kasanje released!

Also, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Sennar, Kanem-Bornu and the Dervishes updated!
    (Burundi's update is the most drastic with several new components (whole new UB and mostly new UA). Rwanda and Tanzania's colours and icons have been changed as well. For more details, see the changelogs on steam.)

11. Danmacsch

Thanks for the detailed feedback - that is always welcome! I will be doing updates to my civs in bursts, and the next one will likely include Epirus. I don't know when I will be getting to the Faroe Islands, but hopefully before mid March.

12. OrderofOlav

OrderofOlav King of Procrastination

13. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

What's Rwanda's new icon based on?

14. Danmacsch

Actually that icon wasn't done by TPang - that was the old one. The current one is made by reddit artist Coiot, and then slightly changed by me.
    It's based on one of many symbols found here. I know some people actually preferred the old one, but the problem with it was that it was waay too blurry on higher resolutions. Unfortunately.

15. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

I like the newer one. I know the older one was based on the Coat of Arms, but when it comes to Coat of Arms I always preferred as much of the whole thing to be used as possible, which doesn't happen in many cases. Of course some, mainly European ones, had to add drapes. Belgium and a few others got the right idea maker smaller versions.

16. SLGray

SLGray King

A new civilization has been released on Steam: The Kingdom of Tartessos

17. Danmacsch

Yep! Here it is:

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to include Guandao in the credits; he's done the leader and civ pedia entries - thanks! I'll make sure to include you in the infographic soon.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    retrocity5 likes this.
  18. SLGray

SLGray King

It does not appear in the menu for YAEMP v24.

19. Danmacsch

hm, it should. It does have coordinates for all relevant maps. I'll check up on it tonight.

ALSO, it has come to my attention that this civ isn't completely compatible with JFD's Cities in Development right now. The ability to expend workers fails for some reason. I'll push an update to this tonight as well.

20. SLGray

SLGray King

Thanks.

P.S. This one messes up the menu: Araucania and Patagonia. It removes some of the default civilizations and city-states.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017