Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

In other news:

The Kalinago released:

Note: The Ouboutou promotion provides the following bonus:
  • Upon defeating an enemy Unit, there's a 25% chance a Citizen will be generated in your nearest City.
  • Nearby friendly Units recieve +1 Movement and defend at double strength when embarked (this includes the Unit possessing the Ouboutou promotion as well).

Thats hype. Thanks for the release!

I can't find the button to expend the worker with Arganthonios.
You should just open a City View and it should be located in the bottom, centered. If it isn't there, please post logs, because that would be indicative of a bug or mod incompatibility.

You should just open a City View and it should be located in the bottom, centered. If it isn't there, please post logs, because that would be indicative of a bug or mod incompatibility.

Thanks for the swift response, I have found it now.

I noticed that Kalinago was updated on March 17 so I subscribed for the first time. The issue I am having is it does not appear in the menu in the YAEMP v24 mod.

P.S. Kingdom of Tartessos now appears in the menu.

Nuraghians updated (finally) (and Darth, no, I won't be changing the icon or the colours if you still feel like they look bad :p)

• fixed issue with the unique improvement (Ipogeo) where it could be constructed on adjacent tiles and without the need of nearby freshwater
  • optimised code
  • changed civ icon
  • changed colour scheme

DMS with the sneaky no UU civ :p

DMS with the sneaky no UU civ :p
Yep - I think this has only been accepted since it has a UI instead of a second UB. That, and given it was the second civ I made, people's expectations weren't too big :p

Agreed!

Congrats on the new release!

Tangential question: is there a reason some of your African civs (I was thinking of Rwanda specifically) don't have an indigenous religious preference with HR? I did some cursory research and did see that the local religion had kind of been syncretized with Christianity, so it's not wrong per se, but I wanted to at least ask for your thoughts on the subject.

is there a reason some of your African civs (I was thinking of Rwanda specifically) don't have an indigenous religious preference with HR
Unfortunately I don't think there is anything suitable in HR, which was why Catholicism for instance was chosen for Rwanda (and Burundi as well iirc). Both Sennar, the Dervishes and Kanem-Bornu have other preferences in HR (Sunni for the two latter and Sufism for the former). Can't recall what I ended up setting Tanzania's preference to - possibly Islam as Mwinyi - the leader - is muslim.

And yes, it's true what you say, religion in both Rwanda and Burundi (as well as in general in lots of places Africa afaik) are often a mix of traditional beliefs and practices with Christianity (primarily Catholicism), so it sort of fits. If you happen to be able to suggest an alternative for an indigenous religion, that be great :)

So, sorry for the triple post here, but just thought I'd mention it here as well that I've updated both the Kalinago and the Dacians. For the Dacians it was mainly just code optimisation and I've also reduced the amount of Production one gets through the AI a bit. For the Kalinago, I've fixed the pretty severe bug where citizens would still work tiles even after they'd been expended to generate the UU.

For complete changelogs, see steam. Epirus is next on the list of updates.

EDIT: Epirus updated.

Last edited:
A long time ago, you had provided some possible icons for a Lesotho civ that I was going to work on. My coding skills never progressed far enough to pull that off, so I was curious if you'd be interested in doing that Lesotho civ? I can help with pedias and design stuff of course.

A long time ago, you had provided some possible icons for a Lesotho civ that I was going to work on. My coding skills never progressed far enough to pull that off, so I was curious if you'd be interested in doing that Lesotho civ? I can help with pedias and design stuff of course.
While it would be a nice addition to my collection of civs, I just have too much on my plate already. And I want to wrap things up instead of taking on more projects, so I can eventually make the jump to civ 6 modding.

Currently I'm working my ass off on getting the Ethiopia pack released. It's probably (hopefully) ready within the next couple of weeks. After that I'd be moving on to Madagascar as that's mostly finished as well (has all art, but need to fix my code). Then there's Ithaca, which only lacks a leader scene (bg is done, but actual leader is only partly done) and a decision. There's also a bunch of projects that have some assets, but that I don't dare hope I'll get done at this point (NSE, Western Xia, Eritrea, Illyrians, possibly more). But of course, you never know ;).
On top of that, I got a few updates waiting that I'll try to get out between releases. And the secret project of course, which we'll hopefully have some kind of teaser for soon.

The Ethiopia pack sounds great!
Good to know that someone is still working on new civs for this game... that section of the forum had been (nearly) empty for some time now.

Top Bottom