Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

When both Kenya and Portugal were enabled, Portugal could bot be selected in the leader selection list. Portugal just disappeared.
Well I can't see anything that'd cause Portugal to not reach the selection screen, but it does look as though Venezuela has outdated CulDiv, Hatlad's Fatimids have a modsupport error (which iirc has been patched), RER has some missing column error that's probably my fault, and well this should fix Ho's Mod Support error.

[EDIT] Althooo... his Lua's throwing an error that implies his Trait doesn't exist. Idk why that'd be tho, since there aren't any errors relating to his GameDefines file... Yea no I can't compare numbers I see the issue. Hopefully this has added the file to the post; I'll tell DMS about it now, but hopefully he's asleep rn so proper update would have to wait.

Attachments

• C15_UncleHo_ModSupport.7z
    1.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DMS_BinaryTableRewrites.7z
    6.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Ragusa released:

A short introduction
A fair warning, this Civilization and its mechanics will not be to everyone's taste. This, I think, probably due to several aspects of the design, the first and foremost being that this is a one-city-civ (or OCC, if you will), and I can definitely respect that. However, when I started working on this Ragusa (what, late 2014?) I had played a lot of games with Venice and actually enjoyed the experience. The change in focus from the usual Empire management (tall and wide alike) to the City-State experience felt to me more intimite and personal for some reason. Or rather, it had the potential to do so, if the existing game-mechanics allowed it. So that was what I wanted to achieve, and having always been fascinated with the Maritime Republics, Ragusa felt like a good choice. When I started researching its history more thoroughly, I realised the choice hadn't just been good, nah it'd been damn near perfect, with its legacy of starting one of the world's first state organised secret intelligence and security systems based around their skills in diplomacy and trade. Well, you can read the civilopedia for that if you want. In any case, that was the motivation behind the design. I hope you'll enjoy it!
Trade Company
The Trade Company Improvement is the Rector's Unique Great Tile Improvement. It can be constructed within both your own and foreign territory, but only on top of existing Trading Posts. Constructed within your own territory, the Trade Company simply acts like a Customs House. However, constructing it within foreign territory, it claims the Tile and will for as long as you control it, each turn steal a bit of the Influence the former owner had with its most allied City-State.

Intelligence System

The Intelligence System offers a set of Temporary and Permanent Effects, each with three Levels.

The Temporary Effects are as follows:

Walls of Dubrovnik
Increased City Defense and HP by 50/85/125% in Ragusa for 8 turns.
Informant Network
Visibility of all foreign Units within a radius of 6/9/12 tiles of Ragusa for 8 turns.
Defender of Liberty
Military Naval Units earn Experience 50/100/150% faster for 8 turns.

The Permanent Effects are as follows:

Food Supply
Each outgoing International Trade Route generates +2.5/2.5/2.5% Food in Ragusa.
Intelligence Agency
Permanently increase number of Spies/Diplomats available by 1/2/3.
Trading Company
Permanently increase number of Trade Route slots available by 1/2/3.

Rector Bonuses
Upon being expended in the Capital, the Rector provides the following bonus dependent on its type:
Merchant
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Gold each turn and the range of Trade Routes is increased by +25% for each Great Merchant expended.
Engineer
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Production each turn and Building Production is increased by +15% during Golden Ages for each Great Engineer expended.
Scientist
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Science each turn and Research Agreements generate +25% Science for each Great Scientist expended.
Prophet
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Faith each turn and each Trade Route sent to a Holy City generates +2 Happiness for each Great Prophet expended.
General
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is granted in Experience upon Military Land Unit and there's a +10% chance a second Unit will appear upon training a military Land Unit for each Great General expended.
Admiral
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is granted in Experience upon Military Naval Unit and there's a +10% chance a second Unit will appear upon training a military Naval Unit for each Great Admiral expended.
Artist
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Golden Age Points each turn and +1 Great Artist Point during Golden Ages for each Great Artist expended.
Writer
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Culture each turn and +1 Great Writer Point during Golden Ages for each Great Writer expended.
Musician
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Tourism each turn and +1 Great Musician Point during Golden Ages for each Great Musician expended.
The following Great People are introduced in different components of JFDLC.
Doctor
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Health each turn and Unhappiness from Citizens is decreased by 10% for each Great Doctor expended.
Magistrate
+25% Intelligence generated from Embassies during Golden Ages for each Great Magistrate expended.
Dignitary
+25% Intelligence generated from Diplomats during Golden Ages for each Great Dignitary expended.
Director
+25% of your Intelligence generated per turn is added as Culture each turn and +1 Great Director Point during Golden Ages for each Great Director expended.

User Settings
Note that you can easily switch off the OCC setting by going into the User Settings file, which can be found in the root folder of the mod, and switching it off. There are also a few other user settings there.

Well, pzelda, that's pretty spot on tbh, it having been in development for about four years, I was pretty confident that it would never see the light of day. But I'm glad it finally did :)

EDIT: Updated Kenya.
Spoiler Changelog :

- Updated DMS_toBits table with UNIQUE and REPLACE statements to avoid conflict with other mods using the same table such as my own Portugal civ and likely others

Updated Portugal.
Spoiler Changelog :

- Updated DMS_toBits table with UNIQUE and REPLACE statements to avoid conflict
- Updated Cultural Diversity support, which was apparently outdated
- Added missing Policy text key.

Updated Corsica.
Spoiler Changelog :

- Added DMS tag to some dummy buildings
- Updated Cultural Diversity support, which apparently was outdated

Updated Venezuela.
Spoiler Changelog :

- Fixed issue in decision re JFDLC support
- Updated Cultural Diversity support which was apparently outdated

EDIT EDIT:

Also note, I've encountered a bug when having both Venezuela and India enabled at the same time, which screws up their modsupport (their unique components still work fine), and the issue lies with India, so will have to update that. Unfortunately that is a rather large task as I lost the most updated build on a laptop that got stolen shortly after I released the civ, meaning I have to copy over files from the released civ to modbuddy and check that everything works etc etc., which is tiresome. So all in all, I'll fix that when I get to it, and until then, if you play with YnAEMP, JFDLC, or even just Cultural Diversity, then do not enable both civs at the same time.

Last edited:
I meant to send this over the workshop but it turns out steam comments have a character limit and it got too big. Oh well.

Also I notice he hasn't posted it in here at all, but this is a commentary on the Wuyue civilization check it out on steam.

I find that the gold bonus can be safely boosted up to 200% of the city's culture output. Perhaps even better, have some base Gold always be added, and the Culture just builds upon it.

The main effect of this change is that the ability becomes more noticeable. Which is good, in general. It helps to build the identity of the civilization, as a "character". In this particular case more so. The current unique ability lacks a certain punch to it; the culture aspect sets up the punchline, but the gold bonus just doesn't live up to it.

From a technical standpoint, an increase in the gold earned is pretty useful. It allows for expanded gameplay considerations on the early game not only in means to trigger the bonus, but where to spend the resulting reward. You'll build things you normally wouldn't, at times you'd occupy yourself with other matters. Then, you get gold at times you normally wouldn't either, and therefore can spend it in unique ways.

So what's the concern here. Building is something normal, it's a core gameplay aspect, so it might resolve into a constant flow of gold that feels undeserved. Here goes me defending why this is not the case. The trigger of the bonus is constructing things. There are two main scenarios to it:

Having many cities building things
You can't cheese it by mass settling because:
a) cities won't have much production to go around making buildings
b) cities won't have much culture to convert at all
This means that not only it will take time to get the bonus, when you do get it it will not be a very large amount of gold at all. Finishing a building in one of your outer cities takes some reasonable time to do, so it's actually the inverse: it's very nice that you're rewarded for doing it.

Four-core cities meta
So that leaves us with the other scenario which is, of course, making buildings in your larger cities, that have production to build things and actually produce the culture necessary for a noticeable effect. Two things are at play in these cities:
a) Wonders are generally better than buildings. Wonders also take more time to build. This means you'll be doing it in your core cities. This also means you can't spam them as quickly as buildings. Your core being busy with wonders defeats the building-spam angle.
b) These are the cities you tend to be using to build units.
Eventually you will get to making those buildings, but it will take time, and it won't be a causality of fate to earn the bonus; by which I mean, it isn't something that just occurs by playing the game per se, as a bonus that is rewarded for doing nothing. Instead it provides you with a different consideration when selecting production; those choddy buildings you usually leave for later can give you the gold you need to court a city-state, or something.

This is particularly interesting in the early game, because gold actually can matter in it. You tend not to have any, so possessing it can headstart interesting stuff and strategies you wouldn't normally be considering.

Under specific circumstances you might still get yourself on the grey line between too much and just enough, but I don't think this will generally be the case here. And as a reminder, when it comes to bonuses that grant too much of a yield to the player, Gold is perhaps the best one to go overboard with; it's not directly tied to any crucial gameplay mechanic like Science or Production are. It's just an all around nice thing to have that offers cool possibilities to do other stuff.

~

I like that the Seawall requires walls since I don't usually build those normally and generally like any alteration to this norm. Also its bonuses are really nice. I mention it only because I would suggest an alteration to the claiming algorithm (even though I haven't looked at how you go about doing that). By which I mean, ensure that when you've finalized selecting the coast tiles to give to the player, they all actually get connected to the player's territory in the end. Because it might just happen that on a city between two ocean zones, you get coastal tiles on the other side of the ocean that isn't actually owned by you, so you end up with ugly, discontinuous territory.

~

I like the oil ship core concept. I really, really like the oil ship core concept.

I would suggest some changes to really drive home the burning of large navies, locking them down and slowly burning them away aspect. Drop the owned coastal tile restriction for the extra effect and make its ranged strength weaker but increase its combat strength (it will literally "lock down" the enemy navy in place and burn it). It still could cost more but that isn't necessary. The civ is already fine balance wise, so there's no trouble in making their unique unit more available in general.

Any thoughts on the Mixtec? Nobody has done them before so far nobody has been interested, so putting the request out there:

Some info:

Leader: Eight Deer Jaguar Claw

Art from Deviantart:

Spoiler :

UA: I thought an ability where you could convert faith to knowledge or back again would be interesting, but its only one possible idea.

Possible UB: Codex Library: The Mixtec had some of the largest collections of writiings in Mesoamerica and may have inherited collections dating back to the Olmec. Perhaps becomes available earlier, other powers would be up to you.

Possible UU: Cloud Serpent: Replaces the Longswordsmen? Other powers up to you

Can the coordinates on the Ethiopia pack be fixed or could I be told how to fix them? Beta Israel and Aksum spawn in Italy.

Last edited:
The reason why is that all four have the same locations. If you just use one, they will start in the same area. You could try giving each one a different location.

The reason why is that all four have the same locations. If you just use one, they will start in the same area. You could try giving each one a different location.

Thanks. Now could you tell me why having certain civ mods enabled hides civ packs like DMS Ethiopia pack and MC Greek civ split? They are completely removed from the YNAEMP list.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to update the files on Steam workshop for Kenya, Portugal and Eritrea? None of them work when I try to download them.

Would it be possible to update the files on Steam workshop for Kenya, Portugal and Eritrea? None of them work when I try to download them.
Clearing your cache will redownload and re-extract workshop mods, which should make them show on the list; if they still don't show then their .civ5mod files will probably be sat unextracted in your MODS folder, and can be manually extracted using your zipping program of choice; if the issue pertains to the usage of any of these mods then a more descriptive report will be required, featuring logs to explain the cause. Google the above processes because you'll find threads explaining the relevant procedures.

Clearing your cache will redownload and re-extract workshop mods, which should make them show on the list; if they still don't show then their .civ5mod files will probably be sat unextracted in your MODS folder, and can be manually extracted using your zipping program of choice; if the issue pertains to the usage of any of these mods then a more descriptive report will be required, featuring logs to explain the cause. Google the above processes because you'll find threads explaining the relevant procedures.
I am trying to download and extract them manually as usually do rather than subscribing, so they aren't in my list or cache or Mods folder. But I cleared them anyway and the problem still persists when I try to download them with the Steam Workshop Downloader. Most of the other mods work fine, just those few that I noticed..
You can see the bad links in the screenshots I attached.

Attachments

• Eritrea fail.PNG
    Eritrea fail.PNG
    109.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Portugal fail.PNG
    Portugal fail.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 293
I am trying to download and extract them manually as usually do rather than subscribing, so they aren't in my list or cache or Mods folder. But I cleared them anyway and the problem still persists when I try to download them with the Steam Workshop Downloader. Most of the other mods work fine, just those few that I noticed..
You can see the bad links in the screenshots I attached.

You can try extracting them regardless of name, swd isn't working at all for me atm so guess you're lucky .

A few notes on The Kalinago:

UA:
- The growth bonus relating to local city happiness does not reset. For instance: had a Buyeis in city giving +2 local happiness and thus +2% food bonus, but when I moved him out the +2 local happiness went away, but +2% food remained (see attached logs).
- Not sure if intended but the +1 movement bonus for Ouboutou only seems to work on land (not when embarked). Also the +1 movement bonus on land was irregular in the sense that it alternated between giving 2/3, 3/2 and 3/3 movement to nearby units. Also, it only seemed to work for military units and not civilian units (worker).

UU Buyeis:
- Is the scaling actually per era, since it jumped from 4 to 6 when I was still in the Ancient Era and stayed at 6 when moving to the Classical Era. AIs were already in Classical Era, so perhaps that was trigger?

Other:
- The Kalinago is not showing as Civ in Civpedia index.

Attachments

• Kalinago UA.zip
    64.1 KB · Views: 279
Not sure you're still updating your mods, but herewith a bugreport on The Nuraghians just in case:

UA:
- The button 'Season of the Aristocracies' stays visible when opening purchae/production screen.
- Recon units do not receive the combat bonus. Either add or mention just for melee & ranged?
- Believe the production bonus is only given in the first turn of starting to build a faith building. In subsequent turns nothing is added. Attached the logs.
- Believe not all faith buildings are included in the code. Missing are: Great Mosque of Djenne, Borobudur, Grand Temple and Topkapi Palace (with EE)
- Perhaps in description mentioned the caps of max 50% for the production and combat bonuses.

UB Nuraghe:
- The button 'Nuraghe' stays visible when opening purchae/production screen.
- Gives only 5 hit points instead of 60. Gives only 0.6 defense instead of 5.
- With EE, the defensive buildings Bastion, Kronborg and Fasil Ghebbi are not included in the code.
- The bananas icon is missing

UI Ipogeo:
- Didn't get faith from killing a barbarian unit adjacent to Ipogeo (adjacent tile was outside of borders). Attached the logs.
- Description in civpedia is outdated as it mentions effect of +3 faith instead of +2 faith, +1 food and production.
- Can be built on forest currently. Should that be or forest removed?
- Cannot be built on resources currently. Perhaps mention in description?

Other:
- Instead of "The Nuraghians" it just says "Nuraghians". For consistency would add "The" in front.
- For HR preference, wouldn't Mysteries be better than Hellenism/Dodekatheism as I believe that only came much later in time. In HR v45 itself The Nuraghians are actually already setup for Mysteries.

Mods used: CP v89 (Jan '20 version) - CD v17 - EE v7 - HR v45 - ML v155 - Latest JFD RTP mods

Attachments

• The Nuraghians UI Ipogeo.zip
    65 KB · Views: 289
  • The Nuraghians UA.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 285
No real bugs but just some observations for Tartessos:

UA:
- The bonus Golden Age points didn't trigger a Golden Age when meeting the next threshold (only the turn after)
- The bonus applies to trading via trade units; not resource trading? Perhaps clarify in description.
- Visualize the bonus Golden Age points for trade unit with floating text?
- The text for Metal Monopoly could use "the" in front of the empire you're meeting (now it says "meeting German Empire" instead of "the German Empire")

UB Turruca:
- When getting Golden Age points from naval units, visualize by adding floating text?
- The bonus for naval units is just military units? So not for Cargo Ships?
- Mention in description available earlier
- History in Civpedia is missing

UU Trade Explorer:
- Not able to found city in the turn when Golden Age starts. Also, in the turn when Golden Age has already ended it is still able to found city. Ideally the trigger for being able to found city is earlier.
- The unit graphic is just showing 1 scout unit instead of a group.
- When healing on a metal resource, add floating text to show?

Other:
- For HR preference, Canaanism feels better fit than Hellenism/Dodekatheism as they interacted most with Phoenicia and appeared to be worshipping part of Canaanite pantheon of gods.
- Tartessos is not showing in Civpedia list of civilizations. The leader button is showing twice when looking at Tartessos in Civpedia.

And on Epirus:

UA:
- The button 'Pyrrhic Victory' only fully works in the capital. In other cities the calculation does not work and it only shows 0%. The production bonus is allocated in the right way though, so just button not working.
- Also recon units count towards the production bonus, so not just military units.
- Production cap differs in civpedia from steam description (max 20% vs max 15%)
- For the button 'Mounted Unit Discount' would suggest to say "Additional faith needed..." instead of "Faith needed..."
- The buttons for Mounted Unit Discount and Phyrric Victory stay visible when opening production and purchase screen

UU Tarantine Cavalry:
- When the Perispasmoi promotion gets activated (adjacent unit killed) in the first turn it is showing "turns remaining: 9" with combat bonus 25%. At start of second turn it becomes "turns remaining: 8" with combat bonus 20%, hoiwever it feels that in this turn the combat bonus should still be 25% and only at the end of turn become 20% (for the 3rd and 4th turn). Etc.
- The Perispasmoi promotion mentions "can move after attacking" but this is already a separate promotion being given.

UU Ptolemaic Elephant:
- Unit costs feel quite cheap seen it's strength and available early. Perhaps raise to 80 or 90 or so.
- Hill tiles with forest and jungle cost 2 movement points in first move, but only 1 movement point in following moves. Hill tiles without forest or jungle do get all the movement bonuses. Attached the logs.
- Double movement in rough terrain bonus doesn't seem to work at all for jungle. See below in gamedefines.sql where wrong promotiontype is used for jungle.

--------------------------------
-- UnitPromotions_Features
--------------------------------
INSERT INTO UnitPromotions_Features
(PromotionType, FeatureType, DoubleMove)
VALUES ('PROMOTION_DMS_PERISPASMOI', 'FEATURE_JUNGLE', 1),
('PROMOTION_DMS_DOUBLE_MOVE_ROUGH_TERRAIN', 'FEATURE_FOREST', 1);

Other:
- The civ is mentioned under Greece instead of a separate civ "Epirus"

Attachments

• Epirus - Ptolemaic Elephant.rar
    88.2 KB · Views: 309
Top Bottom