Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Thanks for all these reports. Updates are coming soon tm, though right now the focus is on a couple of new civs.

I also kinda want to give the OP in this thread a makeover, but tbh idk if I'll get to it. In particular, I want to update the territories map :p

Thanks for the new civs. Took them for a quick spin with some thoughts/issues found below. Playing with mods CulDiv v17, More Lux v155, EE v7, HR v45 and JFD's recent RtP mods.

The Illyrians:

UA:
- Every turn there's a notification "You have made peace with Barbarian!". Also, when playing against The Illyrians as AI, every turn you get a notification that "Barbarian has made peace with The Illyrians. This is not adding value, so if possible would remove it.
- Believe with CP it's possible to make the "Go Pirate" button a 'standard' button, similar to other actions a unit can take. Is it your intention to make it like such with CP?
- When the pirate unit returned, I only saw a flaoting notification for the gold received and not the culture. Would add that.

UU Sibyna Spearman:
- Didn't get experience from killing a barb myself or when it got killed by AI with the unit standing next to it. (attached the logs)
- The floating notification for the +1 move next to coast doesn't add so much. Actually, when playing against The Illyrians you see the floating notification from many, unexplored tiles away, giving away the position of the unit. Therefore think would be better to remove this floating notification.

UU Lembos:
- Floating notification similar as above.
- The promotion for the 'adjacent lembos'-bonus checks at the beginning of the turn instead just before battle (or when hovering with mouse over enemy unit when considering to attack). Can this event trigger be adjusted, since now you can get the bonus when you might not even be next to another lembos when attacking (since you moved away from the other lembos towards the enemy unit), which I don't think is as intended?
- (Bit nitpicky, but) In the description of the unit it mentions "+ Move" whereas I believe commonly it's referred to as "Movement"

Other:
- Not sure if you support HR, but believe now preferred religion is set to Christianity whereas Mysteries or Hellenism/Dodekatheism may be better.
- Is it your intention to support the new RtP mods, especially governments/reforms preferences for Sovereignty?

The Lusitanians:

UB Pedra Formosa:
- Can also be built on flat terrain, whereas it says "hills" is prerequisite.
- Didn't provide a WLTKD when a National Wonder was built (tried with Writer's Guild and National Epic but both didn't give a WLTKD in city with Pedra Formosa). Attached the logs.
- In description it should say "doesn't have resource requirements"

UU Falarica Thrower:
- The unit art and animation is from bowman. If possible would leverage from a spear thrower like Mayan Atlatlist.
- When attacking, didn't get a pop-up screen prior with expected damage from battle with bonuses showing etc.
- Was wondering if easier to just leverage the standard promotion "Can move after attacking" to separate the two bonuses?

Other:
- In civpedia there's an empy text-box "factoids" which can just as well be removed.
- Not sure if you support HR, but believe now preferred religion is set to Christianity whereas Druidism may be better (seen Celtic connections/influences).
- Is it your intention to support the new RtP mods, especially governments/reforms preferences for Sovereignty?

Attachments

• Illyrians - Sibyna Spearman - Barb kill by AI.zip
    66.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Illyrians - Sibyna Spearman - Barb kill self.zip
    145.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Lusitanians UB National Epic.zip
    114.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Lusitanians UB Writer's Guild.zip
    75.3 KB · Views: 304
Spoiler :
SanMarco_Functions: loaded [765518.593] Sukritact_ChangeResearchProgress: loaded [765518.656] JFD_Civs_Swedes_Functions: AdditionalAchievementsUtility.lua was included into VFS by a file! [765518.671] JFD_RTP_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765518.671] JFD_RTP_Functions: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765518.671] JFD_RTP_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765518.671] JFD_RTP_Functions: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765518.687] JFD_RTP_Functions: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765518.687] JFD_RTP_Functions: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765519.062] JFD_CyclesOfPower_ChooseCyclePowerPopup: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765519.062] JFD_CyclesOfPower_ChooseCyclePowerPopup: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765519.062] JFD_CyclesOfPower_ChooseCyclePowerPopup: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765519.062] JFD_CyclesOfPower_ChooseCyclePowerPopup: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765519.062] JFD_CyclesOfPower_ChooseCyclePowerPopup: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765519.062] JFD_CyclesOfPower_ChooseCyclePowerPopup: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765519.531] JFD_CyclesOfPower_EndTurnButton: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765519.531] JFD_CyclesOfPower_EndTurnButton: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765519.531] JFD_CyclesOfPower_EndTurnButton: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765519.531] JFD_CyclesOfPower_EndTurnButton: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765519.531] JFD_CyclesOfPower_EndTurnButton: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765519.531] JFD_CyclesOfPower_EndTurnButton: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765520.078] JFD_CyclesOfPower_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765520.078] JFD_CyclesOfPower_Functions: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765520.078] JFD_CyclesOfPower_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765520.078] JFD_CyclesOfPower_Functions: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765520.078] JFD_CyclesOfPower_Functions: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765520.078] JFD_CyclesOfPower_Functions: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765520.609] JFD_CyclesOfPower_TopPanel: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765520.609] JFD_CyclesOfPower_TopPanel: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765520.609] JFD_CyclesOfPower_TopPanel: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765520.609] JFD_CyclesOfPower_TopPanel: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765520.609] JFD_CyclesOfPower_TopPanel: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765520.609] JFD_CyclesOfPower_TopPanel: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765521.125] JFD_Sovereignty_ChooseGovernmentPopup: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765521.125] JFD_Sovereignty_ChooseGovernmentPopup: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765521.125] JFD_Sovereignty_ChooseGovernmentPopup: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765521.125] JFD_Sovereignty_ChooseGovernmentPopup: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765521.125] JFD_Sovereignty_ChooseGovernmentPopup: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765521.125] JFD_Sovereignty_ChooseGovernmentPopup: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765521.984] JFD_Sovereignty_EndTurnButton: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765521.984] JFD_Sovereignty_EndTurnButton: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765521.984] JFD_Sovereignty_EndTurnButton: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765521.984] JFD_Sovereignty_EndTurnButton: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765521.984] JFD_Sovereignty_EndTurnButton: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765521.984] JFD_Sovereignty_EndTurnButton: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765522.453] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765522.453] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765522.453] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765522.453] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765522.453] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765522.453] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765523.109] JFD_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765523.109] JFD_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765523.109] JFD_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765523.109] JFD_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765523.109] JFD_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765523.109] JFD_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765523.921] JFD_Sovereignty_TopPanel: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765523.921] JFD_Sovereignty_TopPanel: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765523.921] JFD_Sovereignty_TopPanel: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765523.921] JFD_Sovereignty_TopPanel: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765523.921] JFD_Sovereignty_TopPanel: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765523.921] JFD_Sovereignty_TopPanel: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765524.484] JFD_Epithets_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765524.484] JFD_Epithets_Functions: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765524.484] JFD_Epithets_Functions: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765524.484] JFD_Epithets_Functions: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765524.484] JFD_Epithets_Functions: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765524.484] JFD_Epithets_Functions: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765525.031] JFD_Epithets_TopPanel: Loading TSL Serializer Client... [765525.031] JFD_Epithets_TopPanel: TSL Serializer Client Version: 3 [765525.031] JFD_Epithets_TopPanel: Loading TSL Serializer Core... [765525.031] JFD_Epithets_TopPanel: TSL Serializer Core Version: 3 [765525.031] JFD_Epithets_TopPanel: Core TSL Serializer components for version 3 loaded successfully. [765525.031] JFD_Epithets_TopPanel: TSL Serializer version 3 loaded successfully. [765525.609] EventChoicePopupCity: This is the City Event Popup Manager from CBP [765525.671] EventChoicePopup: This is the Event Popup Manager from CBP [765525.875] DiscussionDialog: This is the modded DiscussionDialog.lua from CBP [765525.906] DiploTrade: This is the modded TradeLogic from CBP [765526.281] AdvisorInfoPopup: Closing Advisor Info [765526.281] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics [765526.281] Demographics: Dequeuing demographics [765528.234] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InGame.lua:941: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil) [765536.703] NotificationPanel: Unknown Notification, Adding generic 869 [765570.828] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: Sending World Event: The [COLOR_JFD_SOVEREIGNTY]Populists[ENDCOLOR] have taken power in the Illyrian Government! [765570.843] RandomEventsPopup: Adwa 1 [765570.843] RandomEventsPopup: Finding CulDev line for: CIVILIZATION_DMS_ILLYRIANS_TEUTA [765570.843] RandomEventsPopup: Finding general CulDev line [765574.656] RandomEventsPopup: Braga 2 [765574.656] RandomEventsPopup: Finding CulDev line for: CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL [765592.875] TurnProcessing: Hiding TurnProcessing [765616.890] NotificationPanel: Unknown Notification, Adding generic 876 [765619.875] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InGame.lua:941: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil) [765655.578] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: Sending World Event: The [COLOR_JFD_SOVEREIGNTY]Populists[ENDCOLOR] have taken power in the Lithuanian Government! [765655.578] RandomEventsPopup: Trakai 2 [765655.578] RandomEventsPopup: Finding CulDev line for: CIVILIZATION_JFD_LITHUANIA_GEDIMINAS [765655.593] RandomEventsPopup: Finding general CulDev line [765656.531] RandomEventsPopup: Shanghai 2 [765656.531] RandomEventsPopup: Finding CulDev line for: CIVILIZATION_CHINA [765657.312] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: Sending World Event: The [COLOR_JFD_SOVEREIGNTY]Messengers[ENDCOLOR] have taken power in the Portuguese Government! [765659.812] RandomEventsPopup: Tlatelolco 1 [765659.812] RandomEventsPopup: Finding CulDev line for: CIVILIZATION_AZTEC [765663.421] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InGame.lua:941: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil) [765673.406] TurnProcessing: Hiding TurnProcessing [765717.421] LeaderHeadRoot: Handling LeaderMessage: 4, It seems you have a Strategic Resource that I need. Can you spare it? [765723.406] JFD_Sovereignty_Functions: Sending World Event: The [COLOR_JFD_SOVEREIGNTY]Nobility[ENDCOLOR] have taken power in the Assyrian Government! [765735.296] NotificationPanel: Unknown Notification, Adding generic 894 [765736.203] TurnProcessing: Hiding TurnProcessing [765744.562] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InGame.lua:941: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)"]
Hey, playing with a few mods enabled and Illyria as one of the AI players, the game keeps crashing on their turn, the LUA log is in the spoiler

Ok, I'll do a test, tho I've run several games with them with no issues, so I doubt it's a issue with them. Often, I've found, when experiencing CTDs the issue is with the player immediately after the last executed turn, so if u known which civ that was, it might be worth it to check out as well.

Another one for The Illyrians: just noticed a Barbarian Sibyna Spearman when playing them as AI

Another one for The Illyrians: just noticed a Barbarian Sibyna Spearman when playing them as AI
hm, that's strange - could it be the result of another mod? I dun see anything in the code that would convert a Sibyna Spearman to the barbs.

In any case, updated the Illyrians and the Lusitanians to fix some of the issues reported. See the steam changelog for details as I'm too lazy to copy paste them here. One thing though, the Made Peace With notification is still there, and I know it's super annoying, but haven't found a way to disable it yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates!

I'm only using CDv17, EE v7, HRv45, JFD's RtP mods and some of your and JFD's civs, so struggle to think it could be one of those since they're pretty standard.

I remembered seeing something similar once in Tarcisio's Spain mod (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tarcisiocms-civilizations.523876/page-88 - One of the upgradeable UUs was missing a prerequisite tech tag), but not sure if it's connected.

Just played with Madagascar.. nice civ but also quite complex in logic it seems. Found some things:

UA:
- The 2 button UA buttons (12 Sacred Hills; Tanguena Ordeal) remain visible when opening production screen.
- Typo in the text of 12 Sacred Hills ("resat" instead of "reset")
- Tanguena Ordeal mentions "City has X followers of foreign religions...", but the number (X) shown is actually the number relating to my own pantheon.

UU Voromahery:
- History description missing in civpedia
- For consistency would reprhrase Experience as XP (in description and floating notification)
- Saw the unit siphoning XP also from defending. Attached the logs.
- Weird one: a scout of mine (next to a Voromahery) got attacked and then it lost XP that was received by another Voromahery closeby. Attached the logs.

UI Rova:
- The Rova model on the map is quite oversized. Not sure if possible to shrink a bit, since quite disproportionate now.
- Believe that the scouts "ignores terrain cost" promotion is valid for the logic, but is a free promotion so instead shouldn't?
- The faith amount shown before expending the unit is different than actually received (in my case 18 vs 24). Perhaps a free promotion like embarkation was counted with?
- The expend unit box stays visible in city screen
- Typo in civpedia "at least to 2 different..."

Other:
- Civ is not showing in the civpedia list, but can be accessed via leader. However, on the civ page it's showing 2 icons for Ranavalona I
- There's a leftover Background box in civpedia for Ranavalona that can be deleted. Her name showing in civpedia is Rabodoandrianapoinimerina instead of Ranavalona?
- The civ is referred to differently in various places... saw both Imerina and Madagascar. Would go with just 1 naming.

Attachments

• UU Voromahery Defending.zip
    524.5 KB · Views: 303
  • UU Voromahery XP from own scout.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 275
Thanks for the updates!

I'm only using CDv17, EE v7, HRv45, JFD's RtP mods and some of your and JFD's civs, so struggle to think it could be one of those since they're pretty standard.

I remembered seeing something similar once in Tarcisio's Spain mod (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tarcisiocms-civilizations.523876/page-88 - One of the upgradeable UUs was missing a prerequisite tech tag), but not sure if it's connected.

I'll check it out - in any case, I got it listed along with the peace notification of things to fix eventually.

Just played with Madagascar.. nice civ but also quite complex in logic it seems.

Thanks for the report, tho Madagascar is ver outdated by this point and needs a substantial update. Unfortunately it'll be a while before I get to it.

No problem, understand not feasible to update everything immediately... I'll just post any findings here for whenever time allows ;)

On that, also found some things for Saba:

UA:
- Didn't get food from last improved luxury. Attached the logs.
- Didn't get additional gold from exporting resources. In this case, iron to a city-state. Attached the logs.

UU Khamis:
- Promotion related to defense looks weird when in effect, since showing both text for in-effect and not-in-effect. Attached the logs and also screenshot.

UB Ma'arib Dam:
- Didn't get any food carried over after city growth. Attached the logs.
- The Ma'arib Dam I would consider more a World Wonder than a building that can exist in every city (since there was only one Ma'arib Dam). However, since as you also mention in description there used to be various important dams across Saba, why not generalize the name of the UB and call it Earth Dam? Would fit better thematically I feel...

Other:
- Would change the culture to Semitic instead of Classical. Classical is most commonly used for civs around the Mediterrean whereas the Sabaens were of Semitic descent who migrated south.
- And with HR, would change the religion preference to Mandaenism which is actually pretty much the belief-system of Saba and almost seems to be included in HR just for Saba.

Hope you like these suggestions!

Attachments

• Saba UA Food from Luxury.zip
    293.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Saba UA Gold from exported resources.zip
    122.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Saba UU Khamis Promotion.zip
    73.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Saba - UU Khamis Promotion.jpg
    Saba - UU Khamis Promotion.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Saba UB Food Carry-Over.zip
    104.1 KB · Views: 296
Some feedback for Faroe Islands and Neo-Sumer:

Faroe Islands:
(realize this one may be outdated and needs larger overhaul but reporting anyway in case useful)

UA:
- For when new citizen is born, would suggest to make production bonus 1-to-1 from culture, since if halved it's quite marginal.
- Pilot Whales occurence felt a bit weird. Some didn't seem to migrate away at all, in other occasion 3 migrated away in same turn from same city. Perhaps narrow down the minimum and maximum turns a bit more, but increase frequency so it does feel more temporarily?
- Naval units don't get the +2 movement when starting in a city. Also not when in friendly city-state territory.
- Relating to the +2 extra movement: the Grindadrap is showing 6/4 movement points (which seems in line with UA) but then a Trireme 6/6, and it loses the 2nd 6 when moving out of friendly territory. Can Trireme and other naval units mirror the Grindadrap logic/visualization?
- Remove a "has" in text when Pilot Whales migrate: "A pod of pilot whales has near X has migrated..."

UU Grindadrap:
- Is it possible to synchronize with RtP - Workforces and give the Grindadrap X number of charges that run out at some point. Propose to give it +1 charge additional vs regular workboat, and lower the cost since quite expensive otherwise?
- When it improves a resource it immediately gets all spent movement points back.
- Could be neat to make a connection to the Pilot Whales, for instance that they don't migrate away when there's a Grindadrap on the tile (similar to MC's Chinook)?

UB Seydamadur:
- The logic for bonus resources is off and seems to calculate also tiles worked by other cities? There may be more in the logic incorrect. Attached logs.
- I got a sheep on a Jungle tile. Restrict where sheep can spawn?
- The button remains visible when opening production screen and the calculation is not showing an update when re-opening city screen or changing worked tiles.
- In civpedia, would put most of the 'strategy' text under 'game info' since bit more clear in explaining the specifics of the UB. Especially the part where the +1 culture should come additional to the +2 food, which was at first not clear to me.

Other:
- The civ is not showing in civpedia. When going there via leader, then the leader is showing twice for the civ.
- Does it have support for RtP - Sovereignty?

Neo-Sumer:

UA:
- In city screen the specialist are showing as DMS: UR: SUMERIAN SPECIALIST. Would look nicer to refer to the name of the UA, so Sumerian Renaissance?
- Due to location, the box to buy specialist slots is bit prone to be pushed accidently. Perhaps add a "are you sure" or something?
- The production modifier for military units doesn't update immediately when selecting specialist; not sure if possible to trigger of an event like selecting specialist, open city screen or ...?

UU Lusaglugal:
- The strength bonus has some flaws. I got a +15% combat bonus when attacking barbarian unit outside of friendly territory. Neutral territory seems to count as friendly, since received Nubando I promotion, when killing a barbarian in neutral territory. Then, an attack with the Lusaglugal later the Nubando I promotion disappeared. Attached logs.
- Historical info in civpedia is missing
- Various Nubala promotions are showing in civpedia. Suggest to hide these in civpedia and only show 1 Rabianum promotion.

UB Etemenniguru:
- Similar to my comment on Ma'arib Dam, I would consider the Etemenniguru a World Wonder instead of a building that can be built everywhere. Can imagine you may have done this since the Ziggurat building was already used by Tomatekh's Sumer mod, but perhaps you can rename it to Vitreous-Brick Ziggurat, since that was a more Third Dynasty architectural style and distincive enough from normal Ziggurat that came earlier?

Other:
- The naming of the civ and leader is not consistent everywhere. Would remove Ur and only use Neo-Sumer and adjective Neo-Sumerian (also saw just Sumerian somewhere). Shulgi is called Ur-Shulgi in civpedia.

Attachments

• Neo-Sumer UU Lusaglugal.zip
    205.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Faroe - UB Unworked Edible Bonus Resources.zip
    632.5 KB · Views: 271
Just a few more for when you have the opportunity to look at it:

Botswana
UA:
- A mine doesn't claim and improve adjacent resources. Attached the logs and screenshot.
- Would clarify in the description that you get an Engineer Specialist Slot
- The Engineer Specialist Slot appeared already when I wasn't working any mines. Attached the logs and screenshot.
- The text for the Engineer Specialist Slot could be bit nicer.. .would remove DMS:Botswana: in front and just keep the name of the UA

UU Mophato:
- Got a TXT_KEY for the promotion...

UB Kgotla:
- Got a TXT_KEY in the civpedia for the historical info

Other:
- Small civ icon is not showing, i.e. the "circle" is black. For instance, when there's a notification of war or peace with another civ.

Congo
- Same issue with the small civ icon as mentioned above for Botswana
- With HR, preferred religion Nzambiism would be more appropriate than Amatongo (see HR wikia; also believe Amatongo is primarily geared towards the Zulu)

Mozambique
- Same issue with the small civ icon as mentioned above for Botswana

Kenya
- No historical info for the civ in the civpedia (I can help with this; let me know if you would like support on civpedia content)
- With HR, the preferred religion should rather be Anglicanism instead of Amatongo (Amatongo is primarily geared towards the Zulu; and around the time of Kenyatta Protestantism was biggest in Kenya, with Anglicanism apparently being the largest denomination)

Attachments

• Botswana UA Adjacent.zip
    922 KB · Views: 269
  • Botswana UA Engineer Specialist.zip
    123.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 20200527132917_1.jpg
    20200527132917_1.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 20200527123052_1.jpg
    20200527123052_1.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 309
thanks for all the reports, stef - greatly appreciated :)
----
In other news: Just released my Unit Morale gameplay mod. U can read more about the mod on the steam workshop page. Pls note, while the mod is working as it is rn, I do consider it WIP in the sense that I have several additional features planned. The mod should be compatible with everything that doesn't change the help text of the following: State of Zeus, Pentagon, Himeji Castle, Terracotta Army, Alhambra, Brandenburg Gate or the Honor Policy Tree finisher. Additionally, and in particular, the mod is compatible with JFD's gameplay mods (collectively known as JFDLC) and additional support for these are in the works.
Feedback on balance is ver much appreciated :) that is all.

Thanks for the cool release.

Exciting stuff, very much looking forward to trying it out in next game!

Was just wrapping up a game playing with Burkina Faso, herewith some feedback on that one:

UA:
- Believe that the food bonus for forest/jungle tiles is provided regardless whether the tile is actually worked or not.
- Food bonus also applies to wonders (in description it only mentions buildings)
- Would remove the word "food" from the floating notification for consistency and as you already have the food icon there too
- When Burkina Faso is AI (and I was playing as Kasanje) the button "Upright Man - Trade Routes" was showing for me in the city screen, as if I was playing Burkina Faso

Other:
- Instead of culture Saharan, I feel West-African would fit better, both geographically but also seen the UA is referencing forest & jungle

And then also for Kasanje:

UA:
- Some grammar in the description. Better would be "Receive a Mavala unit when a cultural building is constructed."
- Believe the extra gold from trade routes from captured cities is working but not showing clearly in-game. Perhaps add a floating notification?

UU Gonzo:
- The extra movement in jungle is a bit off. E.g. when starting on a jungle tile I got an extra movement, but when moving into a featureless hill tile I still had 1 movement left whereas movement should have been 0. As it feels that in general the Gonzo could use a slight buff in movement, why not just give it the woodsman promotion which will increase movement options a bit, and replaces current logic that appears to have some flaws?
- The description mentions it being a medieval unit whereas it's replacing the swordsman from the classical era. For consistency would say "movement" instead of "move".
- Historical info in civpedia is missing

UU Mavala:
- Quite some things found as mentioned below, but main suggestion would be to leverage the RtP - Workforces logic for consistency (e.g. so that removing features, building roads still take a few turns) but then give the Mavala a build charge extra to make it stand out as unique unit.
- For balance it might be good to make the Mavala available to be bought with gold. Was suffering early/mid game from not being able to get enough Mavalas whereas being able to buy them seems appropriate.
- Historical info in civpedia is missing. The Mavala is also not mentioned in the unit list.
- Think I received a Mavala already when capturing a city (so next to the every 2nd citizen being born)
- Got movement points back after completing improvement
- Mavala unit is destroyed upon capture (as oposed to regular worker)
- I seemed to be getting Mavalas double (e.g. 2 when constructing Monument, 4 when constructing Pyramids). Attached the logs.
- Also Wonders that produce culture trigger Mavalas, not sure if intended.

Other:
- Civ is not showing in the list of civlization in civpedia. On the civ page, it's showing the leader icon twice.
- No background text for the leader
- The Imbangalan adjective reads a bit weird as the civ everywhere else is referred to as Kasanje. Can't Kasanje be used as adjective too, e.g. the Kasanje government?

Attachments

• Kasanje - Double Mavala.zip
    79.8 KB · Views: 224
Quick first post on Unit Morale:
- Where can you see the actual Unit Morale? Just started the game and was expecting to see a number next to movement and strength, or promotion or something, but couldn't find it.
- Upgraded the warrior through a goodie hut, but didn't see anything resembling a change to Unit Morale. Attached the logs.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    102 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Quick first post on Unit Morale:
- Where can you see the actual Unit Morale? Just started the game and was expecting to see a number next to movement and strength, or promotion or something, but couldn't find it.
The Morale of a Unit is visible as a Promotion. If it is to be displayed alongside Moves, Combat Strength and Experience, that requires overwriting the UnitPanel.lua which would mean incompatibility with mods that also overwrite this file.

- Upgraded the warrior through a goodie hut, but didn't see anything resembling a change to Unit Morale. Attached the logs.
U sure? I dun see anything in the logs that indicate the increase shouldn't have happened.

In any case, I'm pushing an update in a sec, which will add small notifications on morale change when a unit is promoted or upgraded as well as getting/loosing morale from nearby defeated units.
Also, I'll add some screenshots on steam which will show how Morale is displayed, since yea, it's kinda weird that I didn't do that already.

Okay, ran a few more games and just pushed another update, which - together with the one I pushed earlier today - takes care of a few coding issues as well as a bunch of balance issues. Hopefully it runs more smoothly now.

Yea, I found the issue. Am working on a fix right now, and if I'm unable to do it myself, I'll ask JFD. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll let u know when I've pushed another update.

Top Bottom