Dannebrog - Kingdom of Denmark

You say that as though being Danish has something to do with being Christian. It has not. We are Norse, us Danes, to say anything else would be to <Insert censored> on your heritage.

I don't really understand your grief here. It would sort of be the same to exclude an Italian civilization due to the fact that they were Romans earlier on. We might have a past as Norse / Vikings, but Denmark as a country is a whole other deal. Perhaps you misunderstood when I said Christians, I didn't mean as in the religion, but as in the name Christian. You know like Christian I through Christian X.

Apart from that, Denmark has been a Christian nation since Harald Bluetooth ca. 920-985. So yes, being danish has something to do with being christian, at least from a historical viewpoint.

Could make the ship slightly cheaper and increase its ranged strength I think. I mean even when we lost Slesvig-Holsten we dominated the sea against the Germans.

On the other hand there is the british "to copenhagen" :D

I don't really understand your grief here. It would sort of be the same to exclude an Italian civilization due to the fact that they were Romans earlier on. We might have a past as Norse / Vikings, but Denmark as a country is a whole other deal. Perhaps you misunderstood when I said Christians, I didn't mean as in the religion, but as in the name Christian. You know like Christian I through Christian X.

Apart from that, Denmark has been a Christian nation since Harald Bluetooth ca. 920-985. So yes, being danish has something to do with being christian, at least from a historical viewpoint.
Exactly, we have a Norse past thus it is a part of our heritage. It is a part of our culture, our religion stems from Odin and Thor, not Christianity which we imported from other nations. That was my primary grief, if we should call it that. And yes, the rulers may have converted due to diplomatic reasons (Did we want a crusade to the north?), but the people took hundreds of years before they were christians.

Anyway, I may have misinterpreted you. My pet peeve was more that it seemed to me that you denounced the Norse as nothing to do with being Danish and raised Christianity as everything to do with being Danish. Clearly you did not, so apologies.

On the other hand there is the british "to copenhagen" :D
You mean the point where the British attacked a neutral nation during the Napoleon Wars, then resulted to commit the first act of terrorism (as we know it today) in the history of mankind? ;)

Just had some hours to draw and let me tell you something: Margarete looks :eek:

The tablet is making me 400% faster, maybe I will finish the revamp tomorrow!

I am almost done, I just need someone who polishes my choppy english:

Greetings upon thee, Your Majesty Margaret, wondrous Queen of Denmark. The Danes were a North Germanic tribe and went in the 6th century from Skane to Jutland and on the Danish islands. In the 10th century, Gorm the Old unified the small kingdoms of Denmark. Around 960, his son Harald "Bluetooth" Gormsson converted to Christinanity and the viking age came to an end. In the course of time Denmark developed to a strong maritime nation. Compared to it's population, the danish navy was gigantic and it has always been the deciding factor to dominate the Baltic and North Sea. In the time of the Kalmar Union, the small Denmark was capable to unite almost all of Scandinavia under his banner.
[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
Queen Margaret, will you be able to make Denmark to the dominant Nation in the north of Europe again? Will danish ships once again boom the trade and terrify the enemy? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0014.jpg
    Civ5Screen0014.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Civ5Screen0015.jpg
    Civ5Screen0015.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 301
  • Civ5Screen0016.jpg
    Civ5Screen0016.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 224
The viking age ended at around 1100 actually. But nitpicking. I must say I adore the painting of Margaret, it is smashing. I would also rephrase the thing more like this:

Greetings upon thee, Your Majesty Margaret, All-powerful Lady and Mistress of the Kingdom of Denmark, our beloved daughter in Christ, Margaret, most excellent queen of Denmark, Sweden and Norway. The Danes were once a North Germanic tribe and ruled from Skåne to Jutland and the Danish islands. Gorm the Old unified the small kingdoms of Denmark and his son Harald Bluetooth converted to Christianity, although the glorious Viking Age came to an end only a few centuries later. Denmark pride itself as a strong maritime nation. For its population, the Danish navy has always been gigantic. It has been the deciding factor to dominate the Baltic and North Sea for generations. At the height of our power, when all of Scandinavia was united under our great rule, none could withstand our naval might.
[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]
Queen Margaret, Denmark's rightful heir, will you make Denmark to the dominant nation in the north again? Will Danish ships once again boom trade and terrify the enemy? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

That sounds much better, thank you again Magma ;)

The new and revamped Denmark Mod is called:

Dannebrog - Margaret I. of Denmark (should be online in about 10 min)

There are are few spelling and grammar errors in the above text, but otherwise it looks great! Good job!

Edit: Oh, and the UA Sound Dues doesn't really sound very exciting. +1 gold per trade route is very insignificant later on, perhaps change this to be a percentage increase instead? I haven't looked at the UU/UB yet as I am on my laptop.

I don't think that adding a percentaged value is possible. But if you look at the other traits, they aren't really stronger (apart from some obviously overpowered traits of course:p). The UU is a frigate with +1 attack and a lot cheaper in prod. and the UB a Torv (Market) with 35% instead of 25%. I would love to have some more freedom in editing the boni, but everything seems very limited (at least as far as I can see, my modding skills are not very great)

I would once again suggest the free amphibious promotion given to all units, and perhaps try to smack the trade route bonus on the Torv. Else it seems fine. :)

I've just completed my first full game as Denmark and I'm very pleased with this mod :D
There does seem to be a slight problem with the city names, specifically Ribe which appears as something like "TXT_New_key_Ribe".

I was looking forward to playing this mod but I can't figure out how to get it to work. I downloaded it, installed it, and checked it so it should be working within the game and all of the files are in the right places in the Mods folder but I can't get this, or any new civilization files to work. The other mods I've added (mostly maps) have worked fine without giving me any issue but I can't get this to show up when trying to start a game from the mods menu.

I'm not very literate in modding games, so any help is greatly appreciated.

You guys might want to use the first community made unit for Civ 5 available here.

Bug: Apparently the Torv isn't exactly a unique building. I've just started a new game as the Germans and I'm now able to build both the Torv AND the regular market.

The Brits have never known something like honor, sadly!
This is not true at all, there is an old story about a battle between Norsemen(vikings) and a Brittish lord. Where the Norsemen was at a big disadvantage because they would have to cross over a wide river with a narrow bridge. So they would take massive casualaties trying to cross.
So insted the leader of the Norsemen sent a message to the Brittish Lord asking if they could cross the rier and fight on the field on equal terms. The Brittish Lord agreed to this, and in the coming battle the Britts got slaughtered.
Now that is Honor if anything. :D

This is not true at all, there is an old story about a battle between Norsemen(vikings) and a Brittish lord. Where the Norsemen was at a big disadvantage because they would have to cross over a wide river with a narrow bridge. So they would take massive casualaties trying to cross.
So insted the leader of the Norsemen sent a message to the Brittish Lord asking if they could cross the rier and fight on the field on equal terms. The Brittish Lord agreed to this, and in the coming battle the Britts got slaughtered.
Now that is Honor if anything. :D
That is not honour, that is stupidity. :p

This mod is very good-personally I don't often use custom civs unless they are somewhat close to the vanilla civs (diplomacy screen excepted) but I always use this mod. Of course, I usually play as Sweden, so a Denmark mod helps fill up Scandanavia.

Top Bottom