[BTS] DAR - Prince - Marathon - Huge - Pangea - Churchill (Closed)

If you are worried that barbs are going to be a problem,research masonry and build Great wall wonder. It is not too expensive to build even if you are not IND. It is much better than building walls and archers. When I play on marathon/huge and have no close neighbours I often build it.

Mara games can take month(s) to finish, Normal games a few days or a week)
You play a single marathon game for months!? Lol,it's not like you are building a nuclear reactor and there mustn't be any design errors. It's just a game.

Well, if there is interest I might go on posting my adventure in this game. Not for asking advice, but just for story telling, as the future of England is uncertain. I will ask for advice on another thread.
I actually found out there is a subforum for Civ4 - Stories and Tales, maybe this thread would be more appropriate there, if a moderator could move it.

This would be the second chapter

From 50 AD to 890 AD
It is 420 AD and England has been at peace for several centuries and trying to develop peacefully. We have been struggling with unhappyness and specialization, and we have no major enemies, apart from the infidel Byzantines.
Spoiler 420 AD :

In 640 AD, England is at war with Byzantinians, who try unsuccessfully to assault the border towns of Coventry and Antioch. Soon the war reaches a stalemate.
Spoiler 640 AD :

By 860 AD, the war is over. England is lagging in technology ... and many other things. However it seems that towns begin to specialize somewhat, and every town in the mean time is Buddhist.
Spoiler 860 AD :

In 940 AD, England does not seem in a position to expand, apart from founding towns inside of its cultural border. The Ottomans at the south and the Byzantinians at the west also exert a lot of cultural pressure. The one good thing that I seem I managed to do in this game is staying friends with everybody but with the Byzantiniess and their buddies, the Russians.
Spoiler 940 AD :

England has even switched to pacifism and has resigned itself to being a minor power. Anyway, considering that a war with the Byzantines is still possible, it has now a bigger standing army. In 980 AD, England knows much more about the world thanks to exchanging maps. England answers Hammurabi's call to arms, who is at war with the Russians. As the Byzantines are Russia's allies and they also are at war with the Babilonians, we prepare for a massive attack on the Byzantines.
Spoiler 980 AD :

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom