1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Souls II Mafia [Concluded]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Visorslash, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

2. edse

edse King

I believe you're right. He would be an idiot otherwise, saying such things.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

:huh: Should we vote you, edse?

4. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

There could be no other possible explanation of his posts.

You're just jelly of my chicken fingers of suspicion.

5. Takhisis

vote: Double A, just because you deserve it.

6. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

It looks as if KingMorgan, Gone 3 the Celt, DaveShack and dcmort are all getting wogged this evening, so no point voting for them. Normally, that would push my vote towards edse, on the grounds that his vote for KingMorgan is pointless, but since his vote for me yesterday actually came with a reason (not a good reason, but more than anyone else has offered), and since he showed a bit of nerve making the 'splendid' comment, I'm inclined to give him a pass today.

With nobody else giving anything away, my instinct is to Vote: BSmith, on the grounds that he's a past master at winning mafia games by avoiding giving people reasons to vote for him, and that I can quite imagine him killing Sprig because the latter was one of the players here more likely to make an actual case against him at some point in the game.

7. Newyn

Newyn Prince

Vote: Takhisis based on a gut feeling and because I won't have another chance to log on before day ends.

8. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

unvote; vote Takhisis I dont really want to die today but we do need to lynch someone.

9. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

:high5:

10. Gone 3 the Celt

Gone 3 the Celt MunchieMobile

Whoops, sorry for not voting on day 1. Reading through the thread atm, I don't want to be WOGed!

11. Gone 3 the Celt

New post because no edits.

vote:BSmith for changing to Takhisis after Newyn. Not much to go on, but it's a start.

12. BSmith1068

It was Tak or AA. Those were the only two options to prevent a tie and make sure I wasn't lynched. I also thought that day was ending imminently, but apparently it is a 48 hour day again.

Tying is bad. Look at day 1. It got us absolutely no information. We need to lynch someone.

Lynching me because I give no reason to lynch me and/or I wanted to save myself is really not a strong case.

I'm not asking you to change your vote, but think about making sure we don't have a tie. We also need to be careful here, as we have already lost one town power role.

13. Gone 3 the Celt

What purpose does blindly lynching townies have? As it's extremely unlikely we'll lynch a mafia member, isn't it better to wait until we have more information on the subject?

14. Takhisis

You want someone to be lynched today? It is my duty to break the current tie, my good sir, and I'll follow Winston Hughes' advice.
    unvote; vote: BSmith1068
    KingMorgan: edse
    Double A: Takhisis
    BSmith1068: Winston Hughes; Gone 3 the Celt; Takhisis
    Takhisis: Newyn; BSmith1068​
    Now this is interesting. Double A (whom I still suspect) and edse are not replying at all, so I call Fish Finger of Suspicion on them. topsecret as well, he posts but does not vote. Nice fluff, men!

Also, noteworthy quote:
    Four or five hours to deadline, amirite?

15. Takhisis

Eck, I can't edit!
    Seriously, man! You claim not to know when the day ends after the GM has posted it and you just mention carelessly that you 'don't want to be lynched' but still want people to be lynched so that there is information?

16. BSmith1068

Not lynching is absolutely an atrocious way to go. Any player worth their salt will know that. No lynch, no chance AT ALL to get the mafia. Sitting back and letting the mafia rule the roost is a horrible strategy. We can't wait for power roles to reveal themselves and tell us how to vote, while the mafia pick us off one by one. No lynch will guarantee a 0% chance of getting a scummer. A purely random lynch means a 16-25% chance of lynching a scummer at this point in the game (assuming 2-3 scum). You tell me what is the better choice.

Forgive me for not knowing exactly how to translate the time change from Visor's time zone to mine (US eastern). I was on my phone and didn't have a lot of time to post, and was not that far off from 24 hours from day start.

And I know what result lynching me will have, and of course I will try to avoid that outcome.

Not sure I am going to be able to post again before the deadline either, but right now my top two suspects are Winston and Tak.

Winston is a past master at making slimy cases against innocent people and making them sound plausible enough to get townie votes. This feels exactly like this scenario – one that I have been on the receiving side of before.

Tak is making a quasi-just-for-the-heck-of-it vote on me that helps cement the deal. I get that he is doing the same thing as I did – trying to save himself – but why not come right out and say that? His approach feels like he is trying too hard to be cool and casual.

This analysis probably doesn't carry much weight right now, but it will when the day is over.

17. Takhisis

:huh: 'I was on a cellphone'?

18. edse

edse King

I was watching Life on Mars, is that a better excuse?

Unvote:Vote: Takhsis

19. Takhisis

Slightly, but it's a horrible series. Yay! Now we have no lynch whatsoever.

20. edse

edse King

Hmm, sorry misspelt.

Unvote: Vote: BSmith