Dark Theme Poll

Whats your favorite dark theme?

• Dark blue curtain, black toilet cover, dark purple walls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fifty

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So my goth friend is re-designing his bathroom, and he needs theme ideas.

This is a serious thread, please offer serious advice on a serious dark theme.

The criteria for your choice is up to you, but I'd appreciate if you'd focus at least a little bit on which theme is the darkest both literally and figuratively.

edit: needless to say all lights will be blacklights.

I chose:

"dark blue curtain, dark purple toilet cover, black walls"

Reason:
I think the black walls are a must. The other two aspects were less important and there were only two options that had black walls. And the dark blue curtain was a personal choice, I don't think I could stand to look at a purple curtain and I don't think dark purple is as "dark" as dark blue.

I think it should be literally completely dark! He should cover up any external lighting and install baffles at the door so no light gets in, then he should have IR cameras tell a computer where you are at when you are inside and it would have a creepy voice tell you where to go (with feedback like, "for the shower please move your miserable shell forward").

Granted he'd have to move lights in for cleaning, and he'd have to shave in the kitchen, but dude it would be totally worth it.

Granted he'd have to move lights in for cleaning, and he'd have to shave in the kitchen, but dude it would be totally worth it.

I think things would seem much darker if the bathroom were never cleaned, and if he never shaved.

I think things would seem much darker if the bathroom were never cleaned, and if he never shaved.
You can't be goth and have a giant beard. It's a rule.

Everything should be black. Then he can point to his bathroom, and say "How more black could this be? The answer is none. None more black."

Then, and only then, can he be gother than thou.

1) Black walls are a must.

2) Purple is infinitely more 'goth' than dark blue, and so should be given the larger of the two remaining options. Also, you can see the curtains from outside and besides, anyone could have dark blue curtains; purple ones would attract goth attention from yards around.

Any combination of those colours would make me vomit so I can't vote. I recommend using EITHER dark purple OR dark blue, but not both at the same time.

So my goth friend is re-designing his bathroom, and he needs theme ideas.

This is a serious thread, please offer serious advice on a serious dark theme.

The criteria for your choice is up to you, but I'd appreciate if you'd focus at least a little bit on which theme is the darkest both literally and figuratively.

edit: needless to say all lights will be blacklights.
Sounds lame. I don't know why, but I actually voted and all the choices are equally bad, so I chose the first.

I can't vote until I know what colors the floor and sink/tub are. Also, when considering the combinations of colors and metals, silver goes with blue better than with purple. Will the curtains be a solid color or patterned? Are we talking about just the window curtain, or also the shower curtain? Will the ceiling be the same color as the walls? (don't say "duh" because some people do paint them different colors)

(Yes, I am a Trading Spaces junkie, and the most revolting bathroom I've ever seen on TV had red and purple plastic flowers stapled on every inch of the walls! :ack:)

I think he should use Black + Color, not Black + Color + Color. Personally, I would go for Black + Purple, in this case black walls and purple curtains/toilet.

Yeah, forget the dark blue.

If he insists on the dark blue, then have it as the toilet cover.

Try to make it as perfect a black body as possible.

I think going more gothic would be suitable.. use stone to turn it into a grotto!

Top Bottom