Darkness 3: Defiant of a King.

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by ~Darkening~, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

[size=+2]Introduction[/size]

Okay, so it's almost been five years- five years in may- since I've last ran a NES. In the time between that and this, I've learned quite a bit, had a lot of thoughts, and came up with a few different ideas for NESes. I became fascinated with one of those ideas, which has now become the basis of my third attempt at glory.- Darkeness 3: Defiant of a King. At its heart, this will be a hybrid story/game NES where the players will dictate the story. Stats will be minimal- income, prestige, men, etc, and the updates will be drawn directly from the stories. The world the NES is set in has its own history, which will be revealed through a series of pre-updates of the next couple of weeks. But, as for the setting players can partake in, it is detailed below.

The premise is this- in a different world, lies many kingdoms and empires with long histories littered with torrid affairs and bloody episodes. One of these kingdoms, that of Pahram, came to dominate its surroundings through a series of bloody wars, before entering an era of peace and prosperity for nearly three hundred years. Now, as the king of Pahram grows wea, the borders of foreign empires ebb close to those of Pahram, and the threat of war rises once again. The threats to the kingdom are not solely outside its borders though- many of the lords and lieges of the kingdom grow weary of imperial domination and many dream of throwing off the Pahrami yoke. To further extent, there is talk that three of the most prestigious lords of the kingdom openly plot to take the crown, and as such are steering the kingdom into chaos. Whether the kingdom remains united is up to those that defend against those who wish to be king of Pahram. And against those who wish to separate from the throne completely.

There are no sign ups yet, as for now I'll just be displaying the background of the story. Those that wish to play may express interest, however.

2. ~Darkening~

[size=+2]Stats[/size]

3. ~Darkening~

[size=+2]The Maps[/size]

Teaser One:
    Spoiler :

Teaser Two:
    Spoiler :

4. ~Darkening~