darn cheat/cheek

jackdog

Warlord
Ok playing prince continents normal speed size and doing very well thankyou almost got my whole continent, the bigger of the two, but Zara across the water is closest rival and is 'annoyed'. Egypt on his continent is his vassal and yes 'annoyed'

So I am regularly buttering him up exchanging a happiness something or health something to guarentee no war for 10 turns while I finish off my continent. I have done the odd deal fwith egypt but not for 10 turns.

I spy a load of destroyers and transports from zara but am well within the 10 turns of our last deal but next turn he is at war as egypt declairs. What gets me is that egypy has no troops or boats anywhere near me while zara has this attack force ready to go on my water boarder so the egypt attack was just to get round Zara being in the 10 turn loop, even loads turns later still no egypt attack and am fighting off zara OK but its a pain in the bum as was going to settle and space race to almost certain victory and am now in a major war.

This is AI cheating!!!! i don't really mind as the constant exchanges to avoid war is playing a loop hole also but wondered what people thought....

Now that's a clever trick. Remember to keep both the Vassal and the Master off your back next time, I guess.

So I am regularly buttering him up exchanging a happiness something or health something to guarentee no war for 10 turns while I finish off my continent. I have done the odd deal fwith egypt but not for 10 turns.

As far as I know, simple resource trades do not give you a guaranteed ten turns of peace. It's only if you agree to a tribute demand from them that you get that. Zara could have attacked you at any time he wanted there.

Second point is that I don't think a vassal can declare war whether they want to or not - they have to follow the diplomatic agreements of their master. I'd put a fair bet that it was Zara who declared (and hence you'd get a message about Egypt declaring as well). The messages, particularly when a master drags vassals into a war, do not always appear in a logical order.

Vassals cannot declare war. If they could, I'm sure there would be a slew of threads bashing it and demanding a change. As was said, resource trades do not sign 10 turns of peace, but tech trades do (I think). And if they ask you for help or demand tribute and you obey, that starts a 10 turn treaty as well.

OK my bad, wrong end of the trade no war stick I guess,

Fine will just have to slaughter anyone that steps foot on my continent and win the space race, it will just take a bit more time.

Devote 2 production cities to spaceship, the rest of production cities to units. Make sure you have a couple coast cities pumping out coastal defenders (destroyers/battleships/submarines for sight). After you have a force strong enough to repel anything that your enemy can send at you, devote another few cities to space ship production and keep the others pumping out units. After all, you can still make them pay dearly for their foolish rush to war by invading their continent after repelling their invasion. Keep on building those space ship parts and make sure you have some spies in those cities to prevent the AI from destroying production.

Vassals cannot declare war. If they could, I'm sure there would be a slew of threads bashing it and demanding a change. As was said, resource trades do not sign 10 turns of peace, but tech trades do (I think). And if they ask you for help or demand tribute and you obey, that starts a 10 turn treaty as well.

resource trades and tech trades don't. demanding tribute/asking for help does kick in a peace treaty for 10 turns, applicable to both sides, and that's shown as an active deal on F4. i took it advantage of it in my current game. mehmed was going to get froggy, and i wasn't ready. i asked him to spare his world map for a friend (even tho i already knew it). the AI considers the world map worth about 5g once you're seen it, so he was happy to help. yay, 10 turns of forced peace! and that way i knew exactly when the attack was coming, and signed a DP with darius the turn beforehand, since he's in the way of mehmed reaching all but two of my cities :lol:.

Ok, I have hannibal as my vassal right? I make a demand of him, and he declares war on me. I think, no big deal, hes so behind in tech it wont matter. But then he goes to my rival and becomes his vassal. My rival, the inca, has all the other 2 civs as his vassals. Then, hannibal joining him brings him into the war, so now Im at war with everyone. Damn you Hannibal! All I wanted was some silver! Also, since hannibal started the war, the inca would never talk to me, and neither would any of his vassals. So, I had to kill 4 nations completely before the war would end. So much war weariness!:mad:

If hanibal was your vassal he CANNOT declair war, he must have broken free of the vassalage by becoming big enough and then been vassalised by inca and then inca must have declaired war, if I have learned right from my mistakes above. Or maybe he broke free declaired war and then was vassalised by inca in that order all in the same turn

Ok playing prince continents normal speed size and doing very well thankyou almost got my whole continent, the bigger of the two, but Zara across the water is closest rival and is 'annoyed'. Egypt on his continent is his vassal and yes 'annoyed'

I spy a load of destroyers and transports from zara but am well within the 10 turns of our last deal but next turn he is at war as egypt declairs. What gets me is that egypy has no troops or boats anywhere near me while zara has this attack force ready to go on my water boarder so the egypt attack was just to get round Zara being in the 10 turn loop, even loads turns later still no egypt attack and am fighting off zara OK but its a pain in the bum as was going to settle and space race to almost certain victory and am now in a major war.

This is AI cheating!!!! i don't really mind as the constant exchanges to avoid war is playing a loop hole also but wondered what people thought....

The AI cheats all the time. They can always demand techs, religion changes, civic changes from you, but we humans can only do so if they like us... LAME. I like demanding things.

I am playing as Ghandi and just captured Amsterdam. I look at the city to see my spoils. A Mausoleum? The SoB has my unique building in his capital! :lol:

If hanibal was your vassal he CANNOT declair war, he must have broken free of the vassalage by becoming big enough and then been vassalised by inca and then inca must have declaired war, if I have learned right from my mistakes above. Or maybe he broke free declaired war and then was vassalised by inca in that order all in the same turn

When you demand stuff from your vassals, it says. Time for your tribute. Refusal means war!

You know what he said to me, We're tired of fullfilling your demands. Declare War!

Yes, Id been demanding alot from him, taking all the resources for corporations, and everything that he could use to fight. Id never seen them refuse to give tribute before.

Top Bottom