Darths and Droids Mafia- signups

choxorn

Watermelon Headcrab

Welcome to Darths and Droids Mafia, hosted by choxorn. For any who don’t know, Darths and Droids, which this game is based on, is a webcomic written by the Comic Irregulars, which recreates the Star Wars movies in comic form- only, in the universe of the comic, the entire story is just an RPG being played by a group of gamers, and Star Wars as we know it does not exist. Because the writers like to mess around with the plot a bit, the story of Darths and Droids diverges from that of the movies you may be familiar with, in some incredibly awesome ways. Knowledge of any of this is not required to play the game, but if you haven’t read the webcomic, you should, because it’s incredibly hilarious.

(This poster is not liable for any time wasted archive binging on darthsanddroids.net, nor is this poster responsible for any time wasted clicking on the many links that the writers post in the “Rant” section after their comics. Especially the TVTropes links.)

Rules:

1. Rule #1:

Do not talk about the Rules

Read all of these rules, please. I will slap you with fish if you don’t read them.

2. Rule #2:

Do NOT talk about the Rules

Be active and have fun! :) It will make the game that much better. Don’t make me put your name on the plaque in the Inactive Hall of Shame.

3. Game Phases:
Spoiler :
This game is divided into two phases: Day and Night.

Day

Day is 48 hours long.

During the day phase, you vote for a player who you want to be lynched.

Night

Night is 24 hours long.

During the night, you send me a PM telling me what night actions/abilities/orders/whateveryouwanttocallthem that you want to use.

For some reason or another, in game or not, I might not be able to update on time, but I'll have it done as soon as I can, so don't panic if I the deadline comes and I'm not around.

4. Abilities and Items:
Spoiler :
Every player has either an ability or an item, and some have both. Items aren't as common as abilities, though. This isn't a NOTW. ;)

Abilities do whatever they say they do. Some are active, which means you need to tell me when and how you want to use them, and some are passive, which means they happen automatically.

Items are things you hold. Some grant abilities, some grant bonuses, some do other, weird things. If you die, you drop whatever item(s) you are carrying and they go up for public vote. You can either show or give items to another player if both players send me a PM saying something along the lines of “Player A gives/shows item X to Player B”

5. Lynches
Spoiler :
Every player MUST vote during the Day Phase for a player to be lynched by the town. Votes must be bolded. Vote: Tags are optional. For a retraction, either strike through (If you don’t know how to do that, it is done using the [s][/s] tags) your old vote or Unvote: it. I won’t penalize you for not unvoting correctly, but please do it anyway, to make my tallying easier. And don’t edit posts with votes in them unless you feel like making me angry.

If you repeatedly miss votes or even don’t post at all, I will send you a kindly reminder via PM to get your gluteus maximus to the thread and vote. WoG’s and replacements will be at the discretion of the GM. You can also request a replacement, and I’ll try to find one.

Abstain is allowed, but No Lynch isn’t.

6. Victory
Spoiler :
Each player has a main Victory Condition and a Personal Goal in their Role PM. Completing your Victory Condition is worth 7 points, your Personal Goal is worth 2 points, and you will also get 1 point for Surviving.

7. Communication
Spoiler :
All forms of Private Communication are allowed. PM’s? IM’s? Quicktopics? Messages written in the sky? Messages spoken by a Summoned Bigger Fish? Sure, go ahead. If you could forward me any of these (especially the QT links), that would be much appreciated.

Do not directly quote anything I send you, including your role PM. Don’t say when it was sent, or what the third letter of the fourth sentence of your character description is, or anything like that, and don’t try to circumvent that rule any way I haven’t immediately thought of. You can paraphrase it, but no direct quotes.

Do not post screenshots. Seriously, just don’t.

You can talk during both day and night unless otherwise stated.

8. Death
Spoiler :
So, you’re dead. You can’t do a lot of the things that living people do, like vote or use abilities. You also can’t privately communicate, unless you want spoilers, in which case I’ll send you a link to the dead QT of people who want spoilers. You can still post in the thread, though. If you have spoilers, you can’t make cases or do anything to help the living players, but you can still make silly comments/curse the people who killed you/that sort of thing. If you don’t have spoilers, you can still make cases and try to help the living a bit, but you can’t reveal any knowledge or anything from your previous life that hasn’t already been revealed in public.

9. Amendments

These rules may be amended. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not perfect, and this game, like most mafia games, is somewhat complex. If I need to impose a new rule, it will be very carefully considered and I promise it will be in the best interests of all players and it will also have been necessary. I probably won’t have to add any new rules, but something weird might happen that requires me to.

10. Don’t be a douchebag.

This is a game which can involve lying, bluffing, and backstabbing, possibly. It's not personal, it's just business.

That said, please follow the game rules, and obey all forum rules.

Should something frustrating happen, please do not verbally attack a fellow player or the game host or anyone else. You are allowed to criticize ideas and suggestions, but do not call people dumb.

Example: "I think that's a bad idea. We shouldn't do that at all. In fact, I think you suggested it because you're guilty."

This is okay! Notice how we're saying the idea is bad, advising against it, and even suggesting the player could be trying to destroy our team. However, we are not attacking that player.

Example: "What are you, stupid? Only someone stupid would say that!"

This is not okay. This is attacking a player. It's a friendly game. Don't do this. Excessive douchebaggery will be met with swift kicks to the posterior of the offender that are hard enough to catapult them outside of this game.

Sign-Ups:

1. CivCube
2. SmartAss Zack
3. Buddhafish
4. traius
5. spaceman98
6. Autolycus
7. askthepizzaguy, A.K.A. Askvaard von Pizzaguy, A.K.A. Darth Lord Emperor Sidious, A.K.A. Lightsaber-Balls, A.K.A. askthepizzaguy
8. JoanK
9. Dreadnought
10. Mergle
11. Jarrema
12. topsecret
13. Backwards Logic
14. SamSniped
15. Kennigit
16. Gone 3 The Celt
17. classical hero
18. Visorslash
19. CivGeneral
20. SouthernKing
21. mechaerik
22. BSmith1068
23. Xenoneb
24. azzaman333
25. Mat93
26. The Black Knigh
27. johnhughthom
28. Darth Caesar
29. Takhisis

Reserves:
1. NinjaCow64

No real constraints on size for this one. I can easily add more minor characters if we get lots of signups, or subtract some if we get few. This comic strip has loads and loads of characters.

Still, getting a decent number of signups would be nice. :p

Oh, yes please. In.

In, followed by three other characters to meet the five character limit.

In. I read a lot of this comic once, though I have not gotten to the end of it and that was several months ago. I shall resume reading it now! (Its an amazing comic):)

Just realised that I'm here for all of 18 more days, so I'm out again, sorry.

I absolutely will sign up for a game hosted by you, particularly with such a great theme.

In.

in

and thank you for showing me Darths and Droids!

Oh God, this is so hilarious. I reached max hilarity with strip 74, I was literally: :rotfl:

I have very little time, but what the hell. In.

Top Bottom