1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Well Leoreth, could just copy off of Edead :p
    Since Edead has done quite a few conditional spawns.

2. kettenhunde

kettenhunde Chieftain

First off I love your mod. I am playing 1.64 and I can't get an uhv for germany. I have control and have concquered (no body else has a city in the area and my cultural borders cover the whole area)all of france greece and italy but I can't get the first prerequesite/requirement accomplished.....any suggestions?

3. rogue131

rogue131 Byzantine Historian

Well the stability guide is really well written, I guess it's just a matter of certain combos not being listed, but as you stated; experimentation and common sense. It's just certain combinations arent' exactly expressed, like when can one embrace secularism.

Well that is true historically, it seems the majority of the time the Ottomans are too strong to become weak enough to collapse. The Arabs collapse quickly and for some reason China always collapses and I don't see them again, well, ever. China didn't exactly entirely collapse at any point, however they were ruled by imperial powers, they still had a country.

Sweet, I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next version man. Gotta say, your RFC mod mod is probably my favorite. It really is, I love the combination of reformation and the historical area penalty and bonus. I'd love to play as Byzantine, but you're right, that would make things difficult. But perhaps they would keep the Ottomans in check for a time.

Russis are jerks by the way. Just saying, they always grow too fast. Though currently playing as the U.K., I don't know how I did it, but I'm the most loved civ. They must be smoking crack.

The papal state would be a nice touch, but I can see where you're coming from. Perhaps we could add the DLL code triggering the Crusades, I mean honestly I've played through the middle ages and not once did the AIs have any inkling to attack the Muslims nor did the Muslims choose to invade. Kind of stole the fun from it, know what I mean?

I can't say I've ever had the problem corovanrobber did.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, because really it's just the old addage, "give a mouse a cookie." Well you gave me one hell of a cooke!:goodjob:

4. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

I've actually already implemented all the requirements to make that happen, I just didn't make them dependent on any conditions yet. In the future, I'll probably have Rome controlling Constantinopolis as a prerequisite.

Thanks. Maybe the UHV didn't trigger because you don't own a city in their core? Controlling it with your culture doesn't suffice, you need at least one city there even if the original owner has collapsed.

5. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Oh excellent! :)

On a side note, can you PLEASE remove Joan of Arc as a French Leader, and instaed add Clovis I? you could have Clovis come up first and then have Charlemagne appear later.

6. Leoreth

I don't have Joan of Arc for France, that's RFCE (and I agree that it doesn't make much sense). It's currently Charlemagne -> Louis XIV -> Napoleon -> Charles de Gaulle.

7. The Turk

The Turk Deity

Well, care to add Clovis I then?

8. Leoreth

No :D One leader for the Frankish Empire is enough, and currently the code only allows for four leaders anyway.

Expanding it would be no problem, but even then I'd probably rather include a Capetian than a Merovingian king.

9. kettenhunde

kettenhunde Chieftain

no thats not it. i had paris marseilles and bordeaux in france, athens and constantople in greece and rom in italy. i raised any other city to allow breeding/breathing space. i didnt know if any body else had reported a problem triggering the uhv. i have played rhye's other versions and was able to do it easily. thanks for your quick response btw

10. Leoreth

Did you check if there were Python exceptions thrown during that game? Check the first post to see how to enable them.

11. rogue131

rogue131 Byzantine Historian

The one thing about leaders that bugs me, but makes perfect sense is Charlemagne being French and yet the Holy Roman Empire is led by Charles V. Charlemagne was Frankish, so it makes total sense and we couldn't have it any other way. It's just a bit weird, since he was the first head of the Holy Roman Empire too. So I get it, you have to make a sacrifice and hey, it's only a game right?

Clovis would be nice, but I mean, you don't want to overburden this. Do you? Good mod, really, for what it's worth, good mod.

12. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Nevermind

13. Leoreth

Charlemagne wasn't really a Holy Roman Emperor. He was crowned "Emperor of the Romans", and this kicked off the whole "translatio imperii" idea the German Kings later applied to themselves, but the first Holy Roman Emperor was Otto I. in my eyes, even if he wasn't styled "holy" (neither was his empire yet).

Of course Charlemagne reigned over what would become both France and Germany in the future, but seeing that Germany spawns with the Treaty of Verdun it would be weird to have him as its leader.

On the other hand, it's quite weird to have Renaissance Charles V as LH from the start as well. And if you've looked into the Civilopedia, there's already a Barbarossa LH around waiting to be included ;) I just wanted to wait with that until HRE and Prussia are split so that the former could have Barbarossa -> Charles V -> Francis I and the latter Frederick -> Bismarck.

14. kettenhunde

kettenhunde Chieftain

so i opened my saved game arround 1850, this time i didnt raise palermo...now i have 1/3 historical goals... horray......lets hope operation sealion is a success

15. Leoreth

That's odd indeed, usually Rome should suffice to control Italy. Good luck on operations Sealion, Barbarossa and Weserübung then :D

16. kettenhunde

kettenhunde Chieftain

i enjoy your improved stability (codes), russia normally collapses too easily in rhye's original version. i swear that bear is ...well a bear.... indeed.

17. Leoreth

Yeah, the Russians can be really hard to bear sometimes *rimshot* :D

18. kettenhunde

kettenhunde Chieftain

you know... why am i complaining, you get a uhv for germany normally right after you launch your spaceship after hours and hours of game play, not like you you wouldn't win any ways.

hmm germany needs a new a uhv. the first one is good, the second one is tough but completing the tech tree first and have the area with the best production,,,well that too easy esp if you have eliminated everyone around you...i guess the only stopping you would be your own collapse do to over expansion.

so what would be a better germany uhv? i would like making the first one the second one and the second one the third one....defeating and collapsing russia should be the climax.

so what could be the new first condition....high culture? gold reserves? i would think something for the middle ages/high middle ages...maybe like taking over the apostolic election/congress or something or maybe first to tech printing press(and something else).

hmm

19. fabe

fabe Warlord

Sorry for being a "know it all", but in fact, it was first called the "Sacrum Imperium", this was to accentuate that the emperors had to be rubber-stamped by the pope ;)

But you'r absolutely right, of course, Charlemagne was not an holy-roman emperor or souvereign of the German tribes, except for the subjugated Saxons. The other tribes, as the Bavarians, Allemanians, Swabians...were self-governed and not under Frankish rule.
    But I do think, that it's a little weird to have Charlemagne (and also Alfred in the UK) around so long...maybe there could be someone included like Philipp VI. "le bel" who destroyed the Templars and Richard Plantagenet for the high middle ages.
    I don't think, Friedrich I. Barbarossa is a good solution for an earlier holy-roman emperor...his grandson Friedrich II. "stupor mundi" (amazement of the world) would be a better solution, because the HRE was at largest under his rule,
    or Otto I. the great, because he was the first one to unify the German tribes all together against the Magyarian aggressions.

About the new UHV for HRE/Germany: I don't think we should put much efforts in it, because the HRE/Austria and Prussia/Germany will be splitted soon. Both nations should have their own UHVs...HRE/Austria more financial and cultural ones, Prussia/Germany military ones.

20. kettenhunde

kettenhunde Chieftain

i am in favor of the PruBia into Germany, HRE into Austria idea rather then the alternative. honestly i would be more in favor of having Germany having a 1700 spawn date. i think having HRE spawn at 600 ad is the problem here. I propose independent spawn cities such as wein/prag, hamburg, and frankfurt/aachen. The HRE was only a empire in name not by action, and a bunch a of independent princes with small holdings never sat well with me as a empire. i believe it is a flaw in the original concept and just was never addressed(but i could be wrong). with the cities being independent it will allow france and russia to fight and french cultural to spread across the rhine. it will give a late spawning dutch hamburg for 200 years. the problem i see is that wein will likely fall to the turks....but oh well...unless you have rome survive and actually be a holy roman emipre with holdings in central europe. prussia can spawn late and have the city's flip, and since its uhv's are geared towards the end of the game they might still be work able.

alternate idea 2 or maybe a an additional post script
    as for east and west roman empires, i dont understand how you can have two roman emipres in the game. if you can have Byzantium be a minor civ, i propose that the HRE be created the same way. it never sat well with me that rome was a indepenedent city, i propose rome, milan/venice, frankfort, hamburg, and veinna all be a minor civ until a later spawn PruBia/Germany can flip or conquer (at least the historially german ones)((i think flip would be better do to the uhv time constraints)).
    what does this have to do with the eastern roman empire ...? i agree that germany doesn't deserve special treatment , ok rome gets it, rome was an empire, but if you have two romes you can have two germany. austria and prussia, but then you let the cat out of the bag, you should have a usa and a csa, and a ukraine or a poland and a russia, and corboda and the catholic spain, and so on and so on.

i say get ride of germany until Prussia spawns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.