1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

There's an entry in _Civ4Config.txt in your BtS folder called "LoggingEnabled" which you have to set to 1.

2. The Turk

The Turk Deity

So Leoreth will you change the Catherine and Isabella LH's then? Also I was wondering what the dealio was with Chiang Kai Chek, as it would seem that his civilopedia entry is a bit strange. Is he at all included in the game?

Also have you thought about adding a new earlier Italian LH? This is not as important for me, due to the fact that I turn off Renaissance Italy until 1871, but in general, having an earlier Italian LH might be a good idea.

Also why do you have Mongols spawning near India? IMO that stack, should just be redirected to attacking Persia. Also is there one against Russia and Eastern Europe?

Also after playing for just 10 minutes, something which I realized is that an Orthodoxy religion in this game, could really shake some things up, for more interesting gameplay!

EDIT: Also when will you add the new East Asian Longswordsmen?

3. Alduskkel

Alduskkel Chieftain

Ummm... then why haven't they spawned when I play as Rome? I've definitely been controlling at least Greece's core by what I believe is 330, though I don't usually go for calendar so I am not 100% sure.

4. Leoreth

They definitely don't spawn never (see Tyo's conquest of the Roman Empire in the OMG thread), but if you encounter a game where they don't spawn when you think they should, a screenshot or save would help.

5. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

v1.8 seems very wonderful,I‘m looking foward it.:cool:

6. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

It might only be me being really stupid, but I can't find _Civ4Config.txt anywhere...

7. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

Do you mean the .ini?
    There's a shortcut directly to it in the BtS folder. :)

8. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

I found the shortcut but it leads nowhere unfortunately... Could it be linked to the fact that I'm on Civ IV complete ?

9. Leoreth

Not sure actually, I don't think so though. The LH is not that great anyway, so if he is I'll disable him unless I happen to find better graphics. And yes, I think I will add them at some point.

I've thought about it a lot, but there's no Italian LH available that warrants the inclusion. I'm already waiting for a long time for Da Capo's Lorenzo de'Medici - because I want it to be somebody who actually embodies Renaissance Italy. Gian Galeazzo Visconti might be another alternative, but an LH for him is even more unlikely.

The target civs are India, Persia, Byzantium, Arabia and Russia, and they get their armies when they make their first contact with them. If an Indian army spawns, it's meant for India. From my observations the greatest problem is independent Persia in 600 AD, which hinders them from making contact with the Near East. I guess I have to adapt their war maps for these areas so they're more likely to go to war with the independents there.

I know ;)

Don't know, when I'm done with the actual coding aspects that are still pending.

Good to hear! :)

It's also rare that we have actual East Asians on these boards (only youtien comes to mind), so if you have some input or suggestions, now's the time :)

May be my setup then, it's actually only a link to the actual file which is called CivilizationIV.ini and should be in your My Games/Beyond the Sword/ folder (where your savegames are).

10. Samsa

Samsa Chieftain

If you got Win7 it's quite easy to find, go to the "Documents" Library:
    "My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini"
    (It's actually located in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword" just faster to access through the Libraries)

On WinXP im not quite sure where it should be located, something like "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Games\Beyond the Sword"

11. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

I see..
    So, most Mediterranean will still be Pantheon until either moving to Middle ages or having more than 2 religion in the city?
    Well, talk no more. Looking forward to the new modified Pantheon! :D

I was thinking giving some resources more precious to an European AI than to other that they'll do anything to possess it..
    But I'll wait till 1.9 come out ;)

Which is the reason you dynamically change them into Thai at 1400 (IIRC), right?
    Thai still up till today, probably around that 1400 you should unstable them a lot so only few cities in the Indochina heartland still belong to them,
    indie Hanoi (or Hue, that's the most cities in vietnam they usually found).. >> Increase possibility of French Indochina
    Indie Indonesia (usually Jayakarta & Padang) >> Dutch East Indies
    Indie Singapore.. >> Strait Settlement (British, IIRC)
    Spawn Indie Brunei with Islam

12. Leoreth

A first attempt is already in the SVN: the AI for mediterranean civs (Egypt, Rome, Greece, Phoenicia, Babylonia) now values Pantheon twice as highly if half or less of their cities have a religion. I haven't tested it yet, but I hope this suffices to keep it until Christianity comes around (else we still can increase the numbers).

Some of my new wonders from the beginning also weren't recognized by the DLL (where some civ's favorite wonders are coded), unfortunately I couldn't compile these because my new laptop lacks a compiler. This should help to focus some civs on their usual wonders as well.

The only thing that's not quite covered is the Mausoleum. It's practically a Persian wonder - should it be reclassified to Zoroastrianism to encourage them building it? It'll still come across as weird because they still rarely get to Anatolia.

They change to Thai/Siam when they reach the Renaissance. Thinking about it, the best course would be a rather likely historical collapse of the Khmer Empire in the 14th century, followed by a respawn under the name of Siam/Thailand.

And yes, I'll try to implement the scramble for Africa and late colonialism in India and SE-Asia by helping the AI out in case their historical targets are indie or otherwise available.

13. Gruekiller

Gruekiller Back From The Beyond

Can't wait till 1.8 comes out. :D

14. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

Thank you very much, I finally found it.

I tried again, there was no extra troops and there was no error message...

15. Tandur

Tandur Chieftain

Just discovered this modmod today, so far I'm very impressed!

I'm glad to see that this first problem I noticed is a current issue, and that the author is still around and continuing to update! I was plenty happy playing core RFC for the past 3 years, but I finally needed something new.

I'm having the same issue as AdrienIer, with no units spawning for the Romans after declaring war. I've tried declaring war on the first turn, and after about 10 turns on Phoenicia. I'm wondering if it's something to do with game speed, whether it's in Normal, Epic, or Marathon.

I'm also wondering, in the OP, it's stated that Rome has a larger starting army, but compared to core RFC, 4 Legions (Praetorians) and 3 Archers is the same starting group as we get in RFC.

I'm going to test the UP right now by declaring war on Phoenicia after 20 turns. I turned on the logging, and I'll post the debug if it doesn't work.

16. Tandur

Tandur Chieftain

Ok, I ran this twice, once on Normal speed, once on Epic speed, both on Monarch. Both times I founded Nova Carthago and Pompeii, then opened borders with Greece and Phoenicia. The first time through, Pompeii declared war on me after ~12 turns, and I played through two more turns to see if the unit would spawn. No luck. For reference, that's the file marked "PythonDbg-copy". The second play through (Epic), I declared war on both Greece and Phoenicia, and got no spawn for either event. That log is "PythonDbg-copy2".

On a side note, I noticed it wouldn't let me attatch the files as logs, so I saved them as txt files. Hope that's ok.

I assume that what you're looking for is this, from when Phoenicia declared war on me:

Spoiler :

Check AI wars

('Setting AIWar', 6, 'attacking', 7)

. . .

('iGameTurn', 102)

Roman conquest triggered.

Getting random target city.

Roman conquest completed.

and for the second game, since I declared war, this:

Spoiler :

('iGameTurn', 149)

. . .

('iGameTurn', 150)

Stability

('Base:', 6, 'Modifier:', 9, 'Total:', 15, 'civic', 25, u'Egyptian Old Kingdom')

('Base:', -7, 'Modifier:', 31, 'Total:', 24, 'civic', 25, u'Indian Empire')

('Base:', 16, 'Modifier:', 36, 'Total:', 52, 'civic', 25, u'Middle Country of China')

('Base:', 19, 'Modifier:', -31, 'Total:', -12, 'civic', 25, u'Babylonian Empire')

('Base:', 16, 'Modifier:', 21, 'Total:', 37, 'civic', 25, u'Greek League')

('Base:', 17, 'Modifier:', 11, 'Total:', 28, 'civic', 25, u'Persian Empire')

('Base:', 23, 'Modifier:', 8, 'Total:', 31, 'civic', 25, u'Carthaginian Empire')

('Base:', 10, 'Modifier:', 16, 'Total:', 26, 'civic', 25, u'Roman Empire')

('dead', 8)

('dead', 9)

('dead', 10)

('dead', 11)

('dead', 12)

('dead', 13)

('dead', 14)

('dead', 15)

('dead', 16)

('dead', 17)

('dead', 18)

('dead', 19)

('dead', 20)

('dead', 21)

('dead', 22)

('dead', 23)

('dead', 24)

('dead', 25)

('dead', 26)

('dead', 27)

('Parameter', 0, -5)

('Parameter', 1, 1)

('Parameter', 2, 6)

('Parameter', 3, 0)

('Parameter', 4, 0)

('Parameter', 5, 5)

('Parameter', 6, 0)

('Parameter', 7, 6)

('Parameter', 8, 0)

('Parameter', 9, 1)

('Parameter', 10, 0)

('Parameter', 11, -2)

('Parameter', 12, 14)

I started to figure it out (I think) after checking the file over a few times while waiting for the forums to come back up after a 20 minute crash (idk?).

Attached Files:

17. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

I may be wrong but I believe that the last release didn't have the Roman UP due to a bug. Try updating to the latest SVN version. If you don't know what that is, see OP. Also, the change log in the OP is not current. For the latest info, check the change log within the folder.

18. Leoreth

Thanks for all of your feedback, especially the logs. Linkman is right of course, it was an error that was contained in the RAR I've uploaded here but fixed shortly afterwards for the SVN version - and I was under the assumption the fix was already included into the RAR. Sorry :(

You can get it fixed by updating to the recent SVN version (see first post for details), or if that's to much hassle for you, download the attached UniquePowers archive, unpack it into your RFC Dawn of Civilization\Assets\Python\ folder and overwrite.

And yeah, the info on the Roman starting army is outdated (I removed that again when I added the new UP to make up for it). I'll correct the feature list with my next release.

19. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

The mausoleum, which were built in Greek style, I think is better to be coded to Pantheon...
    But yeah, IMO, War maps between Persia and Greek should be increased, make Anatolia as historical tile for Persia, or perhaps it's better for them to start hostile (?)

The problem for implementing respawn, IMO, is turns between Khmer collapse and Thai spawn is really short in terms of game turns, unlike Rome to Italy or Persia to Safavid..

Another problem with Khmer is, Phnom Penh is never built in its accurate location. The tile, after I checked, belong to Oc Eo, a great harbor city known to Romans as Kattigara (Cattigara)..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kattigara

And despite being a great and powerful empire, the reign of Khmer were just some tiles, which create the UHV to built 10 cities ahistorical already IF they were to represent the Khmer people themselves..

I was thinking, a crazy idea, change the Khmer into Funan..
    Starts earlier at 1st Century, lived long until around 550, and also had contacts to European empire..
    We could use the Trung sisters from RFCA as LH..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Funan

If they dead, spawn as Sukhothai at around 1200AD represent Thailand...
    We could use Suryavarman II as leaderhead with different name since Thai and Khmer people are still look-alike

Off course the most problem is we have to stabilize everything again..
    But still, I have to admit this is a really crazy idea ;)
    Never mind if you don't like it :)

20. Leoreth

I think I'll keep the Khmer, they're a completely developed civ that I don't want to lose. The Thai don't need to reemerge exactly afterwards, their kingdom wasn't that dominant in SE Asia early on afaik, so they could just as well respawn later.

On another note, I've found and eliminated the reason for the crash on entering the world builder. Couldn't confirm yet if this was also the cause of other crashes during autoplay, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.