Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does work out what do u guys think of making making certain Indies into more flavoured Minors?

That sounds cool.

Also, Leoreth, I think I've discovered something that might have to do with the Italian crash, namely the appearance of this in the sdkDbg log at the same time as the Italian spawn:

Code:
[82749.875] NO UNIT IN 0,0!!!

The same message pops up, duplicated, on the Iranian rebirth. My guess is the rebirth mechanism is the cause of the crash.

So it might be possible. Leoreth?
Yes. ;)

That sounds cool.

Also, Leoreth, I think I've discovered something that might have to do with the Italian crash, namely the appearance of this in the sdkDbg log at the same time as the Italian spawn:

Code:
[82749.875] NO UNIT IN 0,0!!!

The same message pops up, duplicated, on the Iranian rebirth. My guess is the rebirth mechanism is the cause of the crash.
Might be the reason, I'll have a look at it.

Yeah, but the LH switch code isn't suited for reborn civs currently. I plan to rework both the LH switch and dynamic names code and tie them closer together. I'll add it then.

Rome have no leaderhead when switch to Fascist right?
Why, let's add Mussolini as Fascist rome, since Rome will never be able to survive until Fascist era come either ;)

whaleman said:
well, Persia is a group of independent states when I play from 600 ad, along with babylon, india, and others. Did you change this from the original rhye's and fall?

In RFC Persia represent the Cyrus' Achaemenid Empire, or perhaps until the Seleucid or Parthian era. Having them as civs in 600AD scenario is quite waste of time, IMO.. since Persia will always be related to their antiquities and Zoroastrianism, while 600AD should be around their rise of Islam..

IrishDragon said:
Would you consider adding an Indonesia civ, either the Majapahits or Srivijaya?

Agreed. Indonesia is good for balancing the Southeast Asian since Khmer were always overpowered (I was trying to hint you that, Leoreth :p but I soon realize that Majapahit collapse in 1500 too anyway =_=)

Leoreth said:
I'd have to do some research on the area first because I don't know much about it.

I'll help you with anything about Indonesia from their prehistory to now ;)
I don't really recommend you to learn about them in Wikipedia, though. It's not a really complete source about Indonesian past history...

whaleman said:
hey, I was thinking of some new civs that may be cool to add. tell me if you approve or disapprove of any.
North America: Native American
South America: N/A
Europe: Poland, Austria/Hungary (or two seperate empires), greek revival
Asia: Siam, Indonesia, Phillipines, Indian revival, Korea
Middle East: Israel, Iraq (Babylon revival), Iran (Persian revival), Egyptian revival, Libyan Revival
Africa: Zulu
Oceania: Australia.

Europe
Poland is better represented in the Minor Civs like stated in some post before me, just need to bother with how to spawn their diplomacy, though.

Austria/Hungary will be featured in the next next version, IIRC. When HRE split to Prussia and Austria

Greek could spawn at 1821, but they'll probably reconquer the Balkan and Anatolia etc.. There's only short period though when they are free from Rome (Byzantine) and captured by Ottomans. They're better spawn with Minor Civs like Poland, IMO.

Asia

Siam & Indonesia already discussed before, Korea already in SVN.

Philippines, I think it's better represented by Indie Manila just to prevent Japan settle Raoagu or Manira earlier than it should.

Indian revival is needed in the 600AD Scenario. I was suggesting adding Mughal for them.

Middle East

Israel too small... probably indie? (Too small for minor civs too =_=)
Iraq as Babylonia respawn could be a nice idea..
(Stable) Iran already in SVN
Egyptian was suggested at the beginning but I forgot what Leoreth say about it ;)
Libya.. no idea yet.

And Leoreth, how about making that Vassal state took the color of their master?
It'll be nicer to see the Arab world, especially when Egypt, Phoenicia, Spain and Iran vassalized to Arab.. rather than seeing Arab with a bit green, a bit yellow purple etc..

And Leoreth, how about making that Vassal state took the color of their master?
It'll be nicer to see the Arab world, especially when Egypt, Phoenicia, Spain and Iran vassalized to Arab.. rather than seeing Arab with a bit green, a bit yellow purple etc..

I'd like to throw in my support for this suggestion.

I guess this happens because some Korean culture always leaks over to their island. I intend to remove that goal anyway because it's fairly trivial.

Yeah, it probably says a lot that I assumed it was bug rather than the goal failing legitimately.

Do you know when this happens, or have the PythonDbg.log file?

Here it is.

Attachments

• PythonDbg.txt
    100 KB · Views: 30
Hi! Just a couple of questions. First, why cant I load this game as a scenario!? I have to go to my documents, and load public maps. And the public maps dont show up when I load a scenario at the main menu. And second, what would Austria-Hungary's historical goals be?

You have to load the mod first from the advanced menu. And one possible UHV is to control the Balkans or something along those lines.

Yeah, it probably says a lot that I assumed it was bug rather than the goal failing legitimately.

Here it is.
Thanks, it shows the same thing as my test starts today. The crash seems to happen on random occasions on random player's turns, which makes it hard to track down. Does anyone know the first revision where this error occurs?

On Austria-Hungary, they'll be part of the the HRE civ, and I intend to have its goals cover its early successes (Middle Ages and Renaissance).

You have to load the mod first from the advanced menu. And one possible UHV is to control the Balkans or something along those lines.

How about:

UHV 1) Build 8 Catholic Churches, 8 Catholic Monasteries and 2 Catholic Cathedrals by 1517

UHV 2) Found Protestantism

UHV 3) Control at least 3 of 4 in 1800: Germany, Eastern Europe (excluding Russia), the Balkans, Italy

Alternate UHV) Have 2 Vassals and 2 Defensive Alliances in 1800

How about this, I think this is better overall:

UHV 1) Have 2 Vassals and 2 Defensive Alliances in 1800

UHV 2) Allow no Ottoman Turks in Europe

UHV 3) Control at least 3 of 4 in 1800: Germany, Eastern Europe (excluding Russia), the Balkans, Italy

PS. For this to work though, especially for UHV 2, we need to see a much more aggressive Turkish AI IMO. Does anybody disagree?

How about this, I think this is better overall:

UHV 1) Have 2 Vassals and 2 Defensive Alliances in 1800

UHV 2) Allow no Ottoman Turks in Europe

This sounds pretty good, actually.

The problem with the uhv above is that they all relate to Austra and not HRE. I think Leoreth would be more interested in a HRE oriented Uhv ( although I might have misunderstood him).

One good religious uhv for HRE would be:

Win the Apostolic Vote (leader of Christianity) x times before 1500 ad or x date.

It would really sum their mentality of being the leaders of christianity.

But the Papal States (ie. Rome), should be a unique independent nation, that has its own flag and everything , but cannot build settlers and does not conquer anything.

IIRC Leoreth was intended to split HRE into Prussia (new civ) and Austria (continuing HRE) which means Austria will still have HRE's UHV (?)
CMIIW

IIRC Leoreth was intended to split HRE into Prussia (new civ) and Austria (continuing HRE) which means Austria will still have HRE's UHV (?)
CMIIW

No , I think Germany will get the current UHV because if u check they are all related to German role in WW2 and modern times. Not something fit for HRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom