1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. freethink

freethink Chieftain

Yes, I am glad you did, otherwise winning wars would really be a pure liability, if we could not liberate cities to trusted protectorates. Vassals would collapse quickly and then we would have to withdraw or annex even more of the country hurting our stability

2. Vectors

Vectors Chieftain

Whenever I vassalize someone and feed them back all of their core cities, they still struggle with stability, really frustrating

3. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

I think one of the Saturday game updates has broken the save game compatibility (Failed to uncompress game data).

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't quite see why that would have happened, but in that case please revert to the commit you were previously on to continue your game.

5. Rodnok

Rodnok Chieftain

Yeah. Just reporting. After some tries 12ced02ccf6bebe63550448b4254e051b5709e2f worked, the newer one did not. Thanks :).

Leoreth likes this.
  6. JHLee

JHLee Chieftain

I have a hunch that loading a savegame triggers a stability check. I have been experiencing reproductability issues with my saves.

Leoreth likes this.
  7. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

Nothing to report this time, but it gave me a strange feeling of satisfaction when the half of my game's nations collapsed either to their core or complete collapse when there was a massive world war-event...you really have to love those defensive pacts :lol:

8. mkc842

mkc842 Chieftain

How do you play the Earth 3000BC scenario in the github version? I see a bunch of scenario names (lots mentioning "benchmark" or "AllGrass") but not the scenarios I'm used to.

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Are you sure the mod is loaded correctly? What happens if you start the mod by double clicking one of the scenario files in the PrivateMaps directory?

10. mkc842

mkc842 Chieftain

No, I'm not sure. When I double-click a scenario file, it asks how to open it. I tried selecting the BTS exe file, but it just launched BTS vanilla.

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Where did you put the mod directory? It is supposed to go to Beyond the Sword/Mods.

12. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

After seeing the credits update commit, I think Platyping deserves it to be added to the credits for the development of the WorldBuilder.

Leoreth likes this.
  13. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

Are there some moments when a Roman ballista can't attack an enemy city? Because I can't and enemy has a full energy? A save is available if needed.

EDIT:

Well, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't...:confused:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Could it be related to the remaining city defenses? Siege units cannot attack if they cannot deal collateral damage, and remaining defenses reduce the maximum collateral damage. If you have a save I can look into it to verify it.

15. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

In Athens you can find three ballistas and a +100% city defenses and many defenders. None of the ballistas can attack.

Now, I bombard with one ballista -2%. After that I can attack with the second one, I survive. The third one can't attack.

---------

And the mod download date was that Feb 12th :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

16. keli

keli Chieftain

Prolly Theodosian Walls was built by Greece?

17. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

No, that is not the case. I checked and it was built 1512ad by the Etiopians.

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Sounds like it's working as intended. 100% city defense reduces maximum collateral damage by 100%, i.e. you can't do collateral damage, so the unit cannot attack. After you've bombarded, some collateral damage is possible. After the second ballista has inflicted some collateral damage, no unit can be damaged beyond the maximum collateral damage from the current remaining city defense.

Crimean Lord, 1SDAN and Vekkimaster like this.
  19. JHLee

JHLee Chieftain

City defense reduces collat dmg? Was this the case in vanilla or is this a DoC feature?

Publicola likes this.
  20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's a DoC feature.