1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

A quick question, how does the route to China thing is calculated for turkic UHV? Should I have a continuous route with all tiles belonging to me, like the trans siberian uhv? Because I captured Shenyang(manchurian city) and I had a trade route to it, but I didn't get the UHV.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes, the rules are exactly the same as for the Siberian UHV goal, with two exceptions: all route types count for the connection, and the routes may be controlled either by you or the city the route is originating from (usually China).

3. KeeperOT7Keys

So do I need a open borders agreement with china?

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No, but if there is no route connection from a Chinese to one of your cities OB helps to build it yourself.

5. KeeperOT7Keys

I remember you added city destruction rules after a collapse, is this mentioned in civilopedia?

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I'm not sure.

7. Hickman888

Hickman888 Chieftain

This is either me not understanding the Vassal system properly, or a bug report, I'm not sure.

All three of my vassals exceed 50% of my population/land, and they have not yet seceded from me.
    Spoiler Left side of screen :
    20191017122233_1.jpg 20191017122236_1.jpg 20191017122239_1.jpg

I've attached a save, if that helps.

Attached Files:

1SDAN likes this.
  8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Vassals will not automatically secede once those thresholds are met, they may still decide to remain your vassals because of relations or threats.

DarkLunaPhantom and 1SDAN like this.
  9. Hickman888

Hickman888 Chieftain

Thank you!

10. KeeperOT7Keys

I don't know that other players think but I think at some point in the game some civs just keep building all the wonders (usually the player), I think adding culture limits and resource conditions were kind of good ideas to restrict this.
    but to really solve that I think we should have a some kind of global culture limit as well, if you ever played civ4col you might think this as a version of founding fathers. Basically each wonder would require some amount of global culture to start building, if you reach that thresold and build the wonder this required amount is deducted from your global culture.
    We can remove this culture limit for the civs that originally built the wonder, this way civs who built the wonder can have a slight advantage.

I believe this change is kind of required since we included lots of unique wonders for unique locations, like Chateu Frontenac, I don't think we will ever see them built by their original builder with the current mechanic, since they are not usually the tech leader. For example US will usually build Chateu Frontenac instead of Canada etc.

black213 and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  11. Sinsyne

Sinsyne Up is down,black is white

Can someone remind me how getting access to resources on an island works? I think I recall a fortress helps.

12. KeeperOT7Keys

IIRC if an island is smaller than 3 tiles, they get automatically added to your route (like cyprus, crete islands). otherwise you need a fort or city on the island

Cosmos1985 and Sinsyne like this.
  13. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Chieftain

Help, i have a problem with Turkic civ music. It just silence. :cringe::mad:

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

You mean when playing as them? Or when talking to their leaders? If so which one?

15. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Chieftain

Both.

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

That is confusing. There is a lot of different music playing in the game. I doubt that all of it stopped working.

17. Sijmen Bommezij

Sijmen Bommezij Chieftain

i am having difficulty installing the mod, i purchased civ iv from steam as i could not find my old cd-roms anymore,
    if i run the install exe then it does make a desktop shortcut but when i click it nothing happens.
    it refers to Civ4BeyondSword.exe maybe steam changed the name?
    i tried moving the installed program to the mods map but that didnt work either

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Are you sure nothing happens? It may take a while to load when you start the mod for the first time. You can check the list of active processes in task manager to verify this.

19. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Prince

I was going to report this on the bugs thread, but as it has been brought up here... I too noticed that the Turks did not have any music when conducting diplomacy with them, it was just silence.

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Which leader?