1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Okay, that's good.

You can also just push to the same branch as the original pull request and the changes will be included.

Yeah, it's better not to touch those at the moment.

2. Aharon

Aharon Chieftain

Is there a way to enable AI UHVs?

3. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Go to: Assets/XML/GlobalDefinesAlt.xml, search for NO_AI_UHV_CHECKS (2nd one from the top) and set the value to 0.

4. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Where can I find the formula for free pop & buildings with given era/techs when settling new cities? Thanks in advance.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Population: CvCity::init(). Buildings: CvPlayer::found().

6. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I still feel that the war aspect civics arent strong enough.

What if one civic column would influence the modifier for counting population outside the core? If you go for liberal open market you would have a high multiplier for out of core pop. Your people arent interested in occupation and the occupied country can voice their grievance over being occupied.

The despotic and autocratic regimes get low multipliers for out of core pop. Your civ wants to impose their rule on lesser neighbours and arent so interested in their opinions.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The only thing that matters is their strength relative to each other.

That is already the case for Totalitarianism.

8. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Yes, and I think they are too weak compared to the others?

Cool. Didnt know that. How large are the differences? Only for totalitarianism?

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I meant their relative strength to other military civics. They do not compete in decisions with other civics so it does not make much sense to compare them.

Doesn't the stability guide make note of this?

10. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

oh, wow! Congrats on your first merge, mate!

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, that's actually very cool. We're beyond 70 PRs (including a couple of closed ones) already, which is way more than I had ever expected. I really appreciate everyone's contributions.

12. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Actually I think it is my second, I distinctly remember uploading a minor fix to the Civilopedia entry of Mohawks as well or something.

13. Imp. Knoedel

Could you maybe tell us what you are currently working on to avoid redundancy? There are a few things I would implement for my modmod that you might want too, like moving the deadline of the British colonization UHV to the 19th century and adding a cape to Cairo railroad condition, and it would be a waste of labor if we were both unknowingly be working on it at the same time.

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I have two active branches right now:

The first is dealing with the Christian denominations as discussed here already. This includes the great schism. However the way I intended the great schism to play out did not work with how religion spread behaves in the game currently. In particular, there's just not enough Christianity in Rome at that point as would be historically accurate.

So I started a second branch that changes how religion spread works. I was sort of hesitant to tackle this and decided to do the schism thing first, because the last time I attempted this it basically cost me my motivation to mod for a couple of weeks, mostly because I could not find a solution I was comfortable with. Right now I have some better ideas, even though I am still not fully settled on some aspects. Hopefully I have an initial implementation soon so that I can test it and share the results.

There's a third thing that might come up in the meantime. I am currently toying with the idea that Christianity spread could work a lot better with Judaism in the game. Since Judaism is a candidate for inclusion anyway I might do that earlier than planned. Some other minor religions whose inclusion is less problematic in their inclusion could make their way into the game at the same time: Shinto, Jainism and Tengrism.

These things are all somewhat interrelated and only make sense when completed, so it might take a while for these branches to get merged and you seeing any change in the develop branch. I try to keep you updated in the forum.

Also remember that I am still in the US so I don't have much time for the mod in general.

15. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

Is there a limit on the number of administrative centres you can build ? Or is it just limited by the total number of courthouses you can make ?

16. Imp. Knoedel

Is there a special reason for China starting on a dry tile when literally every tile surrounding it is riverside in 3.000BC? And don't mumble something about geographical accuracy, China is way too distorted for a single tile to make that big a difference.

17. Fresol

Glad to see someone else's not happy about China's current map presence. And that atrocious Chang'an spot.

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes, and the number of great statesmen you can create.

19. Imp. Knoedel

Wait just a minute! During my ongoing odyssey to get Visual Studio to work I noticed something: In CvPlot.cpp Immortals are among the units that ignore the movement penalty for moving on deserts, which is utterly pointless as they only have a single movement point anyway. Is this a relic from all the way back when Rhye was first working on the mod before he turned them from Chariots into Spearmen? Or is this for Immortals that have the Morale Promotion thanks to a GG?

Incidentally, this exception also lets War Chariots etc. cross hills with no penalty if they are desert hills. How come nobody ever pointed that out?

20. Fresol

War Chariots and Camel Archers always had that special ability since a long time ago.