1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

It depends if the religion that spread to that city was your state religion.

Crimean Lord, 1SDAN and BaneFire like this.
  2. BaneFire

BaneFire Warlord

3. BaneFire

BaneFire Warlord

I don't know if this has been addressed, but have you considered that conquest+settler goals are going to be a lot harder on the new map? Since everything's a little bit bigger, that means units are going to have to take longer to go the same distance, so to speak. Which means all conquest and settlement UHVs are slightly harder, as you've now got less turns to complete them (since more turns are spent on movement).

I guess the solution is either slightly faster unit movement (more 2/3 speed units), or more turns (from 500 to idk, 600, 750).

And imo this definitely does matter, some of the goals are really down-to-the-wire in terms of turns you've got to achieve them, eg. Inca, Mongols, Mughals, Vikings.

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah, that's a valid concern but too early to think about. A lot of UHVs will require adjustments. Those goals are designed to be tight and the new map might require a different approach. However, it is a bit more complex because you will also have the ability to produce more and faster due to the larger territory. I am considering adding more turns, but more likely earlier in the game than for the civs you mention. I don't think two moves per basic unit is a good solution, it just makes the world feel smaller when the whole purpose was to make it feel larger. More moderate solutions I think are more likely are: increased movement for ships, increasing road movement to x3, cheaper movement for mounted units along steppes.

5. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

I just have a quick question for anyone willing to answer, how can you make civs spawn over time (like in RFC)? I had a look at some of the Python files but I am not that good with Python.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

What do you mean, spawn over time? This mod is based on RFC and follows the same basic principles.

7. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

Yeah I know but how can you edit that, like for example how can I edit Ottomans to start in 1250 instead of 1280.

8. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

Or how can I edit the starting units of a civ?

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Oh, alright. Starting years are in Assets/Python/Consts.py, search for "tBirth" (or "dBirth" if you're on the latest develop branch in git, I have been moving things around lately). Starting units are in Assets/Python/RiseAndFall.py, search for "def createstartingunits".

In both cases what is going on should be comprehensible even if you do not know Python.

But there is a thread where you can ask these sorts of questions. Look for the "Modmodding Q&A Thread" somewhere here in this forum.

10. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

Ok Thanks!

11. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

How long does it take for someone to be willing to talk to you again after declaring war or agreeing to a trade embargo?

12. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

If you manage to take some of their cities then it will probably take 10 turns, or if you are on good terms with them (like you have the same religion) it will not take a lot.
    So basically if they have a lot of war weariness they will want to make peace.

13. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV d'Artagnan

I have a question about the Congress in DOC, I saw that when a civ gets Nationalism the first congress starts. But what is the turn interval for Congresses?

Matei Alexandru and BaneFire like this.
  14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

15 turns, scaled with with gamespeed. The the Palace of Nations is build then it is 4 turns, scaled with gamespeed.

montezuma1991 and Louis the XIV like this.
  15. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Is the war decleration of persia on babylon hard scripted or somewhat conditional/random?

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It doesn't happen in every game.

Seakin likes this.
  17. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

Why does modern Egypt Naser has the Khmer music?

1SDAN, Leoreth and Cypriot like this.
  18. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

How many civs can this mod run them all at once? Is there a limit? I noticed that if there are many civs active some will collapse very quickly.

I'm asking because especially in the late game can it be fun if there a more civs active

19. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

IIRC all of them, theoretically

ShinobiHus92 likes this.
  20. Theophilos

Theophilos Warlord

What causes the core for Turks to move to persia? I took cities there but it didnt move, but I swear it did in a previous playthough. I am medieval age but it isnt moved either