1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Can you look up how much years past per Turn somewhere in the code?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  2. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

XML/GameInfo/CIV4GameSpeedInfos.xml

1SDAN and Seakin like this.
  3. joon16

joon16 Chieftain

Couldn't the game system be modified so that the country doesn't collapse due to stability?

4. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

I've been thinking about this for a while now, but sometimes I see Leoreth posting updates in the Git Update Log topic adding new updates/features into the mod. I was wondering how you can add the newly features for the mod? Is it possible? And how does this Github work? Is it simply overwrite the old files?

5. MechatronicJazz

MechatronicJazz Warlord

Take a look here to get started: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/welcome-to-dawn-of-civilization.533861/#post-14064410

ShinobiHus92 likes this.
  6. Leoreth

You can always download the current state as a zip file from Github, but that's a lot of content that is largely the same every time you want to catch up. If you set up git properly you can quickly get the latest changes very easily. It's not as hard as it seems.

ShinobiHus92 likes this.
  7. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

Thnx a ton the both of you! I was following the guidelines however..

Spoiler Github error :
    Error github.png I got an error at the end.. any idea how I can solve this?

8. Leoreth

As it says, the total filename is too long. As you can see, you are trying to clone inside the RFC directory, but you are supposed to do so in the Mods directory. This fails because the total filepath is too long for Windows.

9. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

I think I might have solved the problem... but now VD and Blue marbel mods are off how can I activate those?

10. Leoreth

The VD and Soundtrack modules are unfortunately not compatible with the git setup. To get BlueMarble, you can copy Assets/BlueMarble.fpk to the same location in your git folder.

11. Leoreth

On another note, please keep me updated on what and how much of an impact the recent espionage changes had. Is spy experience reasonable now? Rate of great spies?

ShinobiHus92 likes this.
  12. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

Ahh really I see! For me it just feels so empty without the VD models since I was so used to it. It makes the mod kinda dynamic and more lively if it's activated. Any chances if it ever can be compatible? Or perhaps a way to add it manually?

Sure thing will keep an eye on it

13. Leoreth

I have some ideas that might potentially make them compatible, but it's not exactly high on my priority list. The plain modules are also available on git. You can paste their content into the git version of DoC, which may or may not work depending on how much the mod has changed since the last release. I haven't checked this, but my guess for the current state would be that it does. In any case, this would still break your ability to get new updates via git.

ShinobiHus92 likes this.
  14. Steb

Steb King

I'm happy you added Bon as the Tibetan pagan religion!

Have you considered replacing Korea's pagan religion as well? It currently uses China's Shendao, but there is an indigenous religion, usually known as Korean shamanism, or Muism. It seems to be quite distinct from Chinese folk religion (though of course there are similarities), having possibly evolved from Siberian/Mongol/Manchu religions. And it's still practiced today in both Koreas. It has a cool symbol, too.

Krieger-FS, 1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  15. Leoreth

Sure. Any ideas for their URV goal?

16. Steb

Steb King

Not really. I'll try to think of something. (Pre-modern) Korea is one of those civilizations that I don't stereotypically associate with anything, except maybe education, but that's covered by the UP.

The pagan temple should probably be called a sadang.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  17. Leoreth

What kind of art makes sense in your opinion? Would sharing the art with the ancestor shrine still make sense? Any ideas for the Bon temple by the way? Couldn't find anything suitable right off the bat, so I kept the Ancestor Shrine in place for them.

18. Steb

Steb King

Sharing the ancestor shrine would be fine for Muism, since ancestor worship is also part of that religion. I don't know if it fits for Bon, though; there's not a lot about this religion on Wikipedia, but it sounds like the most common Bon building is a monastery?

I'm not aware of art that would fit either. A generic-looking traditional Korean and Tibetan building would work, but I don't know if either is even available.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  19. Alexandre92

Alexandre92 Chieftain

Hi again!
    Is there an option in XML files for 100% Byzantium spawn at 330AD?
    I want to start playing for Greece to build the wonders at their places, and then continue for Byzantium.
    And is there an option for changing the civilization you're playing for, more than once?

20. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Would really appreciate that. Looking through the VD module i really wish to play with it again, but helping with develpment/bugs is more important to me right know.

Indeed i does work, only some messages on starting the game regarding some Leaders.

I would say the gompa is the best represantion of a bon monastery, but we don't wanna have a building twice in a city i assume.

Leoreth likes this.