Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Is it actually expensive, or have you stacked modifiers to make it cheap?

No, but it does also affect the success/capture chance, which in turn affects the experience received. How much did you end up getting?

No, but it does also affect the success/capture chance, which in turn affects the experience received. How much did you end up getting?
When I spread my culture to the Polish city, I didn't receive any xp. And for my first few stole technologies, I got 3 or 2 xp. But for my last 2 stolen technologies, I've only received 1xp. Maybe that's because my spies were promoted with detection evasion bonus by this point, giving me increased success rate, and thus lower xp?

That seems plausible.

What happened to the Peruvian Civilization? Have they been removed from the game? They don't seem to spawn anymore and they don't have a civilopedia article.

There is no Peruvian civilisation. Only dynamic names for the Inca.

So that means they can go back but as a revived nation? Maybe that explains why I can't see their names in civilopedia. What was the name of the modern-day leader of the Incans?

Do you upload minor updates and fixes to the game and if you do, where can I find them and add them to my game?

So that means they can go back but as a revived nation? Maybe that explains why I can't see their names in civilopedia. What was the name of the modern-day leader of the Incans?
That would be Ramon Castilla. It's really just a different dynamic name for the Inca that can appear both when the initial civ survives (after being a vassal or becoming Catholic) or after respawning.

Do you upload minor updates and fixes to the game and if you do, where can I find them and add them to my game?
Yes. You can see the Git update log thread to see what that would entail. The Welcome to DoC thread has additional information on how to get access.

Correct. I think saves from 1.16 are not compatible with the current state of the git repo. So yes, you would have to start a new game, and your existing game will become unplayable. However, once you are on the git version, you can easily roll back and forth between 1.16 and the most recent state.

Hey Leoreth, just wanted to let you know ive figured it out and got the game working thanks to you. Thanks very much i appreciate it.I went into steam and changed civ to the different version i needed than moved it into the right fold and it now works. played my first game and ive gotta say im addicted! Currently playing as england and jsut barely failed the colonization goal by two colonies. Thanks again!

Great to hear! Glad you're enjoying the mod.

Currently, conqueror units can be prevented from spawning by surrounding your cities with units. In such cases, they probably should be made to spawn in the closest available tile?

Yes. I want to look at scripted unit spawns of various kinds soon. Some of them are smarter than others in different respects. I want to have one implementation that retains the best elements of all of them.

I am playing as Greece and since middle ages I am leader in GDP by a large margin (currently %50 more in 1970s) yet I cannot keep in tech parity with USA and England. I get tech trades rarely and it is usually one sided, i give 2 techs to their 1 tech. Does AI trade techs fairly between themselves? How can I not close the gap with GDP advantage?

Beyond tech trades, you are probably suffering from a disparity in tech costs, owed to their better modifiers.

Beyond tech trades, you are probably suffering from a disparity in tech costs, owed to their better modifiers.

Thank you, I did not know about tech modifiers. Now I regret not conquering middle east and egypt when they collapsed.

Different civilisations have different modifiers for tech costs. In general, late game civilisations have progressively better modifiers than early game civilisations.

Top Bottom