Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Can you technically go across Africa with a non-ocean sea unit? I stumbled upon a terrain called a Cape but it seems to have been not used in this version. I was thinking that It would have been placed at the tip of Africa (Cape of Goode Hope) but it is not there.

Can you technically go across Africa with a non-ocean sea unit? I stumbled upon a terrain called a Cape but it seems to have been not used in this version. I was thinking that It would have been placed at the tip of Africa (Cape of Goode Hope) but it is not there.
Capes do exist and they do prevent early circumnavigations of Africa

It should be there?

The K-Mod/AdvCiv AI is significantly better at conducting naval invasions at least. No idea how that translates to the settlement AI though.
Is that included in DoC?
All the naval invasions by the AI I've seen in DoC have, always (IIRC), been the amount of units to fit one ship - e.g. Japan dropping off two Samurai (or Trebuchets :crazyeye:) in Korea, or Vikings with two Huscarls in England/elsewhere, and nothing more after that.
Would love to see improvements to this aspect.

It should be there?
Is it somehow an invisible terrain barrier that can only be accessed with Compass?

Edit: Alright I already found it. It's like an invisible coast tile. Silly me :crazyeye:

Last edited:
Is that included in DoC?
All the naval invasions by the AI I've seen in DoC have, always (IIRC), been the amount of units to fit one ship - e.g. Japan dropping off two Samurai (or Trebuchets :crazyeye:) in Korea, or Vikings with two Huscarls in England/elsewhere, and nothing more after that.
It's not included, I mentioned this just to point out how the AI could be improved and it's not an inherent problem.

Is it somehow an invisible terrain barrier that can only be accessed with Compass?

Edit: Alright I already found it. It's like an invisible coast tile. Silly me :crazyeye:
Yes, it should be seen in the tile tooltip and definitely block you before Compass. Didn't know what you were looking for.

Another question.

Is there a way to change the opening theme song for this mod mod? I want to hear the original Rhyse and Fall's opening theme (sick guitar beats) rather than Baba Yetu (Sorry just wanna hear the original theme haha.)

Another question.

Is there a way to change the opening theme song for this mod mod? I want to hear the original Rhyse and Fall's opening theme (sick guitar beats) rather than Baba Yetu (Sorry just wanna hear the original theme haha.)
Just copy OpeningMenu.mp4 from original RFC and paste it into the DoC Soundtrack folder, if it asks you to replace then replace it.

Another-another question :crazyeye:

It seems that vassals are not counted in UHV's that ask for you to conquer a specific amount of the world. Is this somehow a
Just copy OpeningMenu.mp4 from original RFC and paste it into the DoC Soundtrack folder, if it asks you to replace then replace it.

Hmmm I did that but it doesn't seem to work. Its still uses the "Baba Yetu" theme.

Hmmm I did that but it doesn't seem to work. Its still uses the "Baba Yetu" theme.
My bad, here I attached a file below. Just copy the folder then open the RFC Dawn of Civilization folder and paste. It won't ask you to replace anything, if it does then just click replace. I tried this and it worked so there is no way it won't work.

Attachments

• Assets.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Downloading from GitHub takes forever.

I've looked it up and it's a widespread problem throughout Git in general.

Is there a way to make the download quicker?

What do you mean when you say "downloading from Github"?

Downloading from GitHub takes forever.

I've looked it up and it's a widespread problem throughout Git in general.

Is there a way to make the download quicker?

It is possible to make a shallow clone of the git repository like this:
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/dguenms/Dawn-of-Civilization.git

Or in Tortoise Git you can tick the "Depth" checkbox when cloning.

That way you don't download all past changes, which also includes binary files (images, sounds, and I think older DLLs as well) no longer included in the repository. And you can still pull newer versions like in a full clone.

My bad, here I attached a file below. Just copy the folder then open the RFC Dawn of Civilization folder and paste. It won't ask you to replace anything, if it does then just click replace. I tried this and it worked so there is no way it won't work.
Alright you soved it!!. What I lacked was the Civ4 in the end of the file name (mine was only OpeningMenu)

Is that included in DoC?
In one France game the Vikings DOWed me and ferried either 4 or 6 huscarls down to near Paris. They didn’t do anything because I was too well dug in but it was a proper naval invasion at least

In one France game the Vikings DOWed me and ferried either 4 or 6 huscarls down to near Paris. They didn’t do anything because I was too well dug in but it was a proper naval invasion at least

I as well experienced the Vikings landing around the French countryside and burning it all down while I helplessly let my troops stay only in the cities because their huscarls are pretty strong. I would say that the Vikings are good at using their longboats (most of the time:crazyeye:)

I remember asking for Baba Yetu as opening music again a few years ago, after getting tired of listening to Pink Floyd too many times. Don't know whether it is my credit/blame it got changed, but these days I am now also getting tired listening to Baba Yetu and starting to miss Pink Floyd and wanting it back, as the OP above. It's really not easy to please us picky and moody forumites, poor Leoreth :lol:

I remember asking for Baba Yetu as opening music again a few years ago, after getting tired of listening to Pink Floyd too many times. Don't know whether it is my credit/blame it got changed, but these days I am now also getting tired listening to Baba Yetu and starting to miss Pink Floyd and wanting it back, as the OP above. It's really not easy to please us picky and moody forumites, poor Leoreth :lol:
I believe that the original RFC used the Pink Floyd song "Shine on you crazy diamond?" Must've been cool simulating history while listening to sick Pink Floyd beats.

Top Bottom