Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

If you run slavery or manorialism and have control or vassalize over mesoamerica and the caribbeans. Basically becoming the Confederate States empire.

YelCinist 2000 likes this.
  2. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老任森林

how do you download the latest version again

3. cathar knight

cathar knight Chieftain

Hi Leoreth! Being a fan and a player of your mod for ages now, so first of all I want to thank you for the many hours of enjoyment that you provided. I see that the current (released) version is 1.16.3 (haven't played for some time), but I also see that you still update the mod. Is it expectable a 1.17 for the summer holidays? Cheers!

Cosmos1985 and YelCinist 2000 like this.
  4. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

Hey, thanks for playing the mod! There will be updates soon, don't know if they will comprise 1.17.

1SDAN and YelCinist 2000 like this.
  5. cathar knight

cathar knight Chieftain

All right Leoreth, many thanks and all the best! :thumbsup:

Leoreth likes this.
  6. Irismono

Irismono Chieftain

Advice for playing Polynesia? I keep collapsing from expansion and I'm not really sure how to combat that.

7. DanLT3

DanLT3 Warlord

8. Irismono

Irismono Chieftain

9. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

I have a question about Brazil: How do you get 8 Slaves? The only way I know is buying them with Congo but it is too luck-based.

10. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Warlord

If you keep expanding to more prosperous areas, the economic growth will balance out enough to negate enough of the penalty. I just got a domination victory (and space).

11. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

If this were any other forum this would've been very concerning

Dumanios, Krieger-FS, Rodnok and 7 others like this.
  12. urbestfriend

urbestfriend Chieftain

Hello, apologies for what is probably an obvious question, but I picked up the game after a few months away and was wondering what these two new symbols represent. Thank you,

Attached Files:

13. Leoreth

It's your expansion stabily "score" that ultimately depends on the population inside and outside of your core. As long as the former is greater than the latter, you will get no expansion stability penalties. It's the same numbers as displayed in the economic advisor, except that those are a snapshot of the last stability check while these are always current.

Rodnok and urbestfriend like this.
  14. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

I still have this question.

The other question I have is about the Argentine UP. I remember bringing up that something was wrong with it, now Great Generals can make them on their own for the first time and along with other Great People for the next ones. This is how it's supposed to be, isn't it?

15. Leoreth

Why wouldn't it?

16. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

Because I don't recall with every detail that conversation. My question about Brazil still stands: How to get slaves besides importing from Congo?

17. Derdan

Derdan Chieftain

Start off as Portugal instead and use Bandeirantes. Then you can build up Brazilian infrastructure before switching to them too.

18. danpat

danpat Chieftain

Urgh... Is difference of South American map between 600AD scenario and 1700AD scenario intended? I just figured it out that... South American map never changes, so I can't really match the city location of 1700AD when I play 600AD game.

19. Xfactor

Xfactor Warlord

As a brazil you need to have 2 things at start in order to have a successfull first goal.

Mali/Ethiopia/Kongo must be alive - or just 2 of them , and they should always have slaves.
    You have to flip a banderiante... otherwise its very hard!

I immediately rush to africa with 3 units - banderiante + 1 musk + 1 cannon boarded on 2 galeons in order to hunt for natives - if congo/ethiopia have collapsed there will be plenty there, otherwise just search in southern and central africa for pombos/impis. No other way to do it properly. If any of the 2 conditiones above are not met, it gets SIGNIFICANTLY harder. Quick tip - indis in central/southern africa - w/o Mali , can get you slaves, but barbarians dont!

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    YelCinist 2000 likes this.
  20. Force44

Force44 King

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the distance of resources from a city.

As it is right now I can spot 4 different locations relative to the city that is effected by the resource.

Location 4, distance 2+, outside the bfc, costs: connection (probably really big), gains: acces to resource.
    Location 3, distance 2, second ring bfc, costs: probably 2 roads (moderate) + improvement, gains: acces to resource + increase economy.
    Location 2, distance 1, first ring bfc, costs: 1 road (unless on a river I guess) + improvement, gains: acces to resource + increase economy.
    distance 1, distance 0, under city (0th ring bfc), costs: none, gains: acces to resource + small increase economy.

I thought about differentiating further between them.
    eg. Applying despotism penalty (-1 food, -1 production, -1 commerce for production over 2) to distance 2 and 3 without roads and distance 3 without railroads.
    This would justify the AI placement of cities a bit further as well as pose a (imho) more interesting puzzle of how to place your cities.

From time to time the discussion about location 1 has resurfaced (improved resource spots in your bfc outproducing your cityspot on a resource feels bad), but I am especially interested in thoughts about the other locations.