Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Dan Quayle

Dan Quayle Chieftain

Hi everybody,

I'm kicking off a Roman game (paragon) and have two questions related to this civ on paragon level:
    1) It seems now that only Burdigalia (Bordeaux) spawns as a gallic city, when before the human player playing as Rome could simply wait for Lugdunum, Lutecia and Burdigalia to spawn and then conquer.
    2) Does the Eastern Roman Empire spawn only when Rome's stability level is +20 when played by a human player like it used to at some point?

2. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

I have not seen Gallic Lutecia spawn before, but I can confirm that Gallic Lugdunum still spawns, on the hill tile south of the wine in Gaul. If your culture was covering the tile when the city is set to spawn (355 BC), it will not spawn.

And the Byzantine spawn can be prevented by the human player having a solid (10+) stability. At least according to the Civilopedia.

Dan Quayle likes this.
  3. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Is there a strategy guide with tips of how to win each uhv of this mod mod? Or video playthroughs even? This exists for the original mod by Rhye, but a lot has changed from this modmod compared to that.

YelCinist 2000 likes this.
  4. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

the gameplay guides subforum

YelCinist 2000 likes this.
  5. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

You mean this sub forum? I can’t find anything.

6. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

caketastydelish likes this.
  7. danpat

danpat Chieftain

Anyone knows the exact condition of Greek reborn at industrial age? I was playing Italy on developing version (using tortoise git), and it happened on same turn with the first world congress (nationalism). I burnt Belgrad and build Durazzo, Spanish was controlling Athena, but only my Durazzo flipped, not Athena, and I was having positive stability :( ......

8. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

9. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I can't find one for Vikings. How the hell am I supposed to found a city in America by 1100 AD?

10. MechatronicJazz

MechatronicJazz Prince

If I remember correctly, a path opens to Iceland when you discover compass. You can then hop to North America by building a city in Iceland. It's tight, but it should be doable.

11. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

12. Vera

Vera Chieftain

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me. I have tried to find the answer in several threads but I wasn't succesful. Indeed, I got even more confused. :)

So, it is about founding religions. I found that they simply do not appear in my cities despite that I researched the necessary tech. For eg. I cannot found Zorosastrianism or Islam as China, and also when I researched the tech necessary to Catholicism as Greek, the holy city was always one in Rome. Since Confucianism is always founded in China, I suppose the rest of the religions are also somehow limited to certain teritorries. Can someone explain the rules or show a link that I can use?
    To make me more confused, I have found several posts from 2019 about founding these religions in weird areas. So maybe it's a newer update since?

13. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

The religion rules have changed a while back. Now you need to control a city in the "core regions" of a given religion. For example, Zoroastrianism requires a city in Persia, Confucianism requires China, etc. If someone discovers the tech for a religion without controlling a matching city, the chance to found the religion is left to another civilisation.

Vera likes this.
  14. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Is it just the small sample size, or is Babylonia pretty consistently preventing Persia from expanding west? I've run like, 10 autoruns with chipotle visibility and I've only seen persia take Babylon twice.

15. Vera

Vera Chieftain

Thanks.
    Is there a map or specific description of these core areas?

16. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

There is a religionmap editor in the WB. (In the DoC Maps menu) You can use that to view the core areas.

Vera likes this.
  17. Xfactor

Xfactor Warlord

Same in my games as China/India i've been running recently , which is quite odd. I do them on Regent though , but Persia consistently can't crack Babylon's archers/2 Cities.

18. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Has anyone tried out the Turks (not the Ottomans) in the 600AD scenario? I just can't find enough improvements to destroy.
    Also I'm not sure how trade route decision works, so I am baffled on how to connect Jerusalem to a Chinese city.
    It looks like I have to either: a) maintain good relations with China, b) build the Baiman, or c) conquer Beijing,
    but that does not guarantee that Jerusalem will acutally set a trade route to a Chinese city.

19. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

You don't need open borders with China or control of the Chinese city.

20. Vera

Vera Chieftain

Thanks, found it.

It's interesting to found Orthodoxy in Vladivostok (Haishenwai) as China. Or Islam in Shillong.