1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Vampire of the Blue Moon Moderator

Yes.

JHLee likes this.
  2. Bu77Trout

Bu77Trout Chieftain

Same applies for Japan's territories in Asia (except Siberia)?

3. Leoreth

Japan's territories in Asia are in Asia, just like Japan itself. So not colonies.

1SDAN and Bu77Trout like this.
  4. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

Is the secularism civic supposed to give religious diplomatic penalty from other civilizations?
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG

5. Leoreth

I don't understand. Congo is Catholic, Japan is Buddhist.

6. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

(he is russia)

7. Leoreth

Oh, right. Was distracted by the screenshot being centered on Japan. Okay, will investigate.

8. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

I had no idea about his existence - but why? Is there any controversy surrounding him, or...?

9. Leoreth

He already is an Indian leader.

RustyBrick and need my speed like this.
  10. Curien

Curien Chieftain

Hi,

I posted this in "Bugs and Technical Difficulties" page, but honestly I'm worried a response will not come for a while, so I'm posting this here as well.

I'm having difficulty downloading this mod. I am pretty computer illiterate. Whenever I try to download, it says it's blocked because it's potentially unsafe. I just bought this hp laptop, so I'm using whatever version of windows is current. Please help. I hate this.

11. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 King

Try right-clicking on the file, and click "properties" - I think that's the English word lol. It's at the very bottom. Then there should be a checkbox saying something like "mark as safe", also at the bottom. Click that, and try again. That may help.

12. Curien

Curien Chieftain

Screenshot Civ 4 instal problem.png Screenshot problem installing civ 4 number 2.png Screenshot civ 4 download problem number 3.png
    Thank you for your reply. It took me about 15 minutes to learn how to post this screenshot- I'm proud of myself lol.
    Unfortunately that option doesn't lead anywhere, as far as I can see.
    View attachment 601696

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  13. Leoreth

What happens if you click "report this file as safe"?

I am not clear how the images are related. Is that where you end up after clicking this option? "Unconfirmed 1234.crdownload" doesn't mean anything to me, and I don't think you're on the right track there.

What I expect to happen after "report this file as safe" is 1) maybe Windows asks you to confirm your administrator privileges, in which case you accept, and 2) to proceed opening the installer without further problems.

Please report back.

Also, please be patient when reporting issues or asking for help. My phone doesn't ring when someone asks a question, but I check here at least once a day, please give me at least that amount of time to see your post. Posting twice in two equally visible threads does not help you get a faster answer and only increases the chance that two separate conversations happen, which only adds to the confusion. I deleted your other post, and we can continue this here.

14. Curien

Curien Chieftain

I actually got it but I still can't play the mod in game. I downloaded the mod, but now it's just a desktop icon. I have BtS on Steam. What do I do now?
    From a previous post on this, I saw you have to hit "load a mod', but I don't see it as a choice of mods to play.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  15. Leoreth

Did you run the installer?

It's possible that the created shortcut does not work. But regardless, verify that the mod has actually been installed for the game. Find the BtS game files from Steam as described here. You should be in a directory with "Beyond the Sword" in the name. If so, go to the "Mods" directory and check if there is a folder named "RFC Dawn of Civilization".

16. Curien

Curien Chieftain

I got the mod to work. Thanks for your help.

The problem was the installer built a folder under the Windows tab as "Mods"- totally divorced from anything. I had to drag that folder into BtS's mod folders. Game runs fine. Hopefully I wont have to do that every time.

But ya, the shortcut doesn't work for me. Any advice you have on making it work would be appreciated.

I'm gonna "buy you a coffee". I've been watching people play your mod for years. You've put a lot of work into this. Thank you for your dedication.

Leoreth and Cosmos1985 like this.
  17. Leoreth

Glad to hear that it worked, sorry the installer wasn't successful in handling this for you. Have fun playing, and thanks for the coffee donation!

Curien likes this.
  18. DarkLunaPhantom

DarkLunaPhantom Prince Supporter

You said you have BTS on Steam. You can create Steam RFC DOC shortcut by doing the following:
    1) Create a shortcut to steam.exe
    2) Edit the shortcut target so that it ends with ...steam.exe" -applaunch 8800 "mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization"

19. WhiteEyes

WhiteEyes Chieftain

Just recently updated the mod after a year. I notice some new features when played as England.
    - 2 out of 2 games Protestanity founded in Edinburgh despite the city have lower pop than London.
    - When I conquer Cuzco the whole Inca civ collapsed and all of their cities flipped to mine. I guess I need to be more careful to vassalize them. While the feature makes conquering Americans too simple, I also like it for making you less reliant on Firearms.
    - The congress now has way more city options including a city already built and some options just adjacent to my city. I guess by choosing them you only get the settler and army which can be used somewhere else? I never actually able to get voted though.

Leoreth likes this.
  20. Leoreth

That's not uncommon, the capital is actually deprioritised for founding the religion.

Good point, it should probably be less generous to the human player than for the AI.

That's not supposed to happen, I think the goal is actually to explicitly exclude locations that share the name of an existing cities, in addition to tiles adjacent to existing cities. Please upload the save where this happens.