Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

really great mod thanks a lot upload this

i have a question about missile submarine unit skins

they are almost old one like a ww2

wasn't there modern skin ? :)

Great to see v1.13 released. Thank you very much Leoreth for the continued effort you put in this mod!

I noticed a few things when playing as Japan:

- I'm not sure if its intended, but being at war with a civ means that this civ is always willing to trade any tech they have with you, making it actually much easier to get the modernization discount this way (in most cases easier than the peaceful way).

- I had 2 :mad: for demanding Egalitarianism, but 6 foreign civs were running it. Is the penalty capped at 2 :mad:, or just 1 :mad: for x civs running it?

- The AI really, really, really loves running Subsistence despite having access to all the better civics... not sure how it weights the civics really. Maybe someone can confirm this?

really great mod thanks a lot upload this
Great to see v1.13 released. Thank you very much Leoreth for the continued effort you put in this mod!
Thanks!

i have a question about missile submarine unit skins

they are almost old one like a ww2

wasn't there modern skin ? :)
Not that I know of, I didn't deliberately change anything at least.

I noticed a few things when playing as Japan:

- I'm not sure if its intended, but being at war with a civ means that this civ is always willing to trade any tech they have with you, making it actually much easier to get the modernization discount this way (in most cases easier than the peaceful way).
Intended, antagonize those Europeans if you want to get ahead :)

- I had 2 :mad: for demanding Egalitarianism, but 6 foreign civs were running it. Is the penalty capped at 2 :mad:, or just 1 :mad: for x civs running it?
The penalty isn't linear in the number of civs, it depends on which percentage of the world population they control.

- The AI really, really, really loves running Subsistence despite having access to all the better civics... not sure how it weights the civics really. Maybe someone can confirm this?
Waiting for confirmation on this?

there s BUG Options - failed writing inifiles

autolog.ini, better espionage.ini, bug citybar.ini bug misc hovers.ini

what should i do ?

:eek: I REALLY need to consider playing as Japan. I never even thought of this strategy. Japan's next on my list!
I don't have a save for confirmation, but in my latest game I vassalized a respawned Chinese civ around 1700, and even though they had been alive for around 20 turns or more, they were only running the default civics. I remember seeing one other civ running default civics, but can't remember which civ it was.

I can't find anything in any file regarding UU art. (I want some to use in VD xml.)

I'm fixing Egyptian and Persian graphics currently and will post them when I'm done. :king:

I can't find anything in any file regarding UU art. (I want some to use in VD xml.)

I'm fixing Egyptian and Persian graphics currently and will post them when I'm done. :king:

Most of them come from the vanilla game. Look in the art files of BTS or vanilla fpk files.

Most of them come from the vanilla game. Look in the art files of BTS or vanilla fpk files.

I need Patiyodhas, which aren't in BTS.

If you have used the installer, the unit art is packaged into FPK files. You can get PakBuild here on CFC to unpack them, or download the specific file from the Git repo.

OK, great. How do I get them into xml? Right now I'm just replacing "ART_DEF_UNIT" with the appropriate text.

Find the art tag in the ArtDefines XML and have the path point to where your art is.

Last night I tried a game as Japan, and decided to put Samurais to good use. I first noticed that you can build Samurais from the beginning but start with swordsmen. It seems to be one of the only cases of a civilization starting with outdated units (especially when the most recent unit is its UU).

Secondly I decided to attack Korea early on, which I did by landing 2 catapults and 4 samurais near Hanseong. One of my samurais lost a 87% battle so things didn't go as planned and at the end of the turn there was an archer in the city with 0.3 strength. I was hoping that the AI wouldn't reinforce, but instead on the interturn Korea collapsed and Hanseong went independent, kicking me out of its surroundings and into Kyoto. I immediately ragequit, so I don't have a screenshot unfortunately. Could you make it so that if a civ collapses with enemy units inside a city's immediate surroundings you don't get pushed away ? Either by automatically putting the player at war with the independents or by some other mean ? It's really annoying to have your conquest be delayed significantly like that.

Yeah, it'd be better to just end up at war with those independents. I don't think there even is code specifically to push your units away, it just happens naturally when native culture replaces that of your enemy. The easiest solution would just to place you at war with the independents when a civ collapses while you are at war with it.

I think we'd all appreciate this (I've experienced the same thing a few times myself). The trick would be making sure that the independent civ that you're at war with isn't the same independent civ (of the two available) that you're near in another part of the map. It'd suck to have to deal with a newly belligerent indie city somewhere else when you're just finishing up conquering the original city.

That's not unavoidable. Currently, the collapsing civ is evenly split between the two indies (or threeways if barbarians are permitted). Not sure if I want to change that.

The collapse into three ways turns to razed cities by barbs.
The collapse into barb could solve the problem of being pushed away and also avoid razed cities.
The AI also likes to conquer barb cities.

Hi there! I played a great deal of this mod when it was v1.12, but hadn't kept up with the SVN changes, so a lot of the new feature are unfamiliar to me. Can someone explain how exactly the "crisis" system works, and how one can play to best deal with it? It's catching me by surprise a lot right now.

Case in point, recently I wanted to try Maya, and settled 1 SE on the silver for a bit more production. About 20 turns later, while at exactly 0 stability, I finished researching Mathematics and... immediately lost my only city to Natives. :crazyeye: I'm guessing it happened because I settled 1 outside my core, but... that's pretty darn mean. Maya have it hard enough as it is :(

Attachments

• Pacal II Stone Age Turn 170.CivBeyondSwordSave
    384.1 KB · Views: 218
Top Bottom