Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Message was updated in 2019,not file it links. (File was updated in december 2020 I think)

Yes, the link points you to the download location and does not change with an update. Sourceforge should display the latest upload date.

Note that the thread also contains information on how to get even more recent updates via git.

The problem with the Humankind gaming is that it is not historical. History is the base of civilization. Make it more intelligent like the Dawn of Civilization mod for CIV 4.

Why are you talking about Humankind here?

Dear Leoreth,
Could you please tell if BlueMarble and varietas delectat modules are included in Git version or i should install them separetely? Do these modules work properly with the latest version (i saw posts on forum somewhere that it might not).
Thank you in advance!

Hey, the git version does not include any of the optional modules you can pick during the regular installation process. You can always combine BlueMarble with the current git state, you can find a link to it in the Welcome to DoC thread. It's a single file you can easily place in the Assets folder and still update git as usual (in fact, that is how my git version of the game is set up). Varietas Delectat is currently not compatible with the git version. In general, I keep modules only compatible with actual releases, so if it is at some point compatible that is incidental, and might be broken with future git updates. So I do not recommend VD with the git version.

Hey, the git version does not include any of the optional modules you can pick during the regular installation process. You can always combine BlueMarble with the current git state, you can find a link to it in the Welcome to DoC thread. It's a single file you can easily place in the Assets folder and still update git as usual (in fact, that is how my git version of the game is set up). Varietas Delectat is currently not compatible with the git version. In general, I keep modules only compatible with actual releases, so if it is at some point compatible that is incidental, and might be broken with future git updates. So I do not recommend VD with the git version.
Thanks for you quick reply. But... Houston, we have a problem)

I have just reinstalled CIV4 Complete pack(GOG english version) and downloaded latest GIT DoC version with blue marble. I cannot find any DoC scernarios like RFC600, RFC 3000, RFC 1700 in Play a Scernario or in Custom Scernario... I have never met with that problem before... probably i have all vanila civ4 public maps, i tried renaming folder privatemaps to publicmaps in different ways, but this doesnt help

PS.. and it's unstable now, mod sometimes crashes in main menu (after i entered Credits and pressed back)

Attachments

• civ.png
    civ.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Did you place the mod folder in Beyond the Sword/Mods/?

Sorry, probably i found mistake. I didn't rename Dawn-of-Civilization to RFC Dawn of Civilization when i pulled. trying to do pulling it again now

P.S. After i renamed the issue is solved. All works as intended. Thanks!

Last edited:
Great to hear that everything is working.

France offered 530 gold for a single slave is that intended? (I'm England and the congo sold me 5 of them for like 100 a pop)

I'd be interested to look into that, do you have a save with that situation?

France offered 530 gold for a single slave is that intended? (I'm England and the congo sold me 5 of them for like 100 a pop)

Same thing happened to me as England today. Bought 3 slaves off of Congo for some random medieval tech (could have paid ~500 for all of them instead), and then 5 turns later I flip one of the slaves I decided not to use for 830 gold from Spain.

Is there a reason we can't see toggles between different stability maps for the same civ in worldbuilder anymore? I got kinda thrown off by that in my most recent HRE game.

Yes, changing stability maps work differently now and I did not adapt the worldbuilder functionality to change them.

AI Tamil conquerors that spawn on Sumatra.

Top Bottom