1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

and wembley stadium wonder is broadway building

something is changed.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Iirc nobody does, and the bonus is disabled. Seemed fairest to me.

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Bonus is disabled for 3000 and 600 too? Because original Rhye UHVs to be first to circumnavigate created a unique sense to win that achievement. History does reward "firsts". We have it in terms of Great People and Liberalism. But these first involve the same thing: teching fast. Circumnavigating is some cool goal that you achieve by exploring, doing something different. I think exploration should be rewarded with something other than goody huts. Something strategic and permanent. Like the bonus.

4. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

it still exists in other versions

5. Leoreth

I agree, actually it would be cool to have more things like that.

The bonus still exists in the other scenarios of course. Disabling it for 1700 AD was the easiest solution, because coding the current levels of map revelation is already a lot of work, and historically the bonus would already be unavailable. I could have given it to the Spanish, but didn't feel it was really necessary.

6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yes, Spanish are in decline in 1700, now I find your solution very reasonable. Unless someone thinks that British should have an edge :undecide:

Also agree it would be cool to earn bonus of exploration firsts. Like discovering North and South Poles (not present on the map but some random northernmost and southernmost plots can serve as one). Discovering East route to India (west route gets bonus). Discovering Australia (unless you are Indonesia). Or discovering Europe if you are not Maya. Perhaps discovering another continent should always involve some kind of cool stuff. And by continent I mean vanila Civ definition -- separate land mass large enough not to be an island. This way we have 4 continents on the map: Afroeuarasia, Americas, Australia and Antarctica. :crazyeye:

7. Publicola

Publicola Prince

Another potential bonus could be for discovering all coastal tiles around the world. This would reflect the general explosion of discovery and exploration that took place in history, while preserving the essential historical nature of that exploration as being oriented around coastlines (cf. Africa as the 'Dark Continent'). Given that, given its association with coastal trading posts, I'd recommend the bonus for this being something like "+1 trade route in all coastal cities."

8. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I dont like it. While the idea is good it is a freebie for the player. Circumnavigate, american conquerors and liberalism are human player gifts.

9. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

how can i stop other civilizations collapsing ?

suddenly disappeared so it make me lonely :(

no rivals

10. Leoreth

A new feature has been added:

11. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

Yes, this is very true. It could be useful to make AI more aimed on these goals too.

12. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I see that the CNMWizard uses pickling. Wouldn't it be better if you used cPickle instead of pickle? Or would that make hardly any difference?

13. Leoreth

I don't think there is a difference between the two in current Python versions. Civ itself is bundled with an older version so it makes sense to use cPickle instead, but the script is only meant to be executed with the local Python interpreter.

I only store information so you don't have to repeat everything when starting the script again, so that's not even very space or time critical anyway.

14. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

Leo, I've seen the latest update about citynamemanager. Most of Chinese cities are right, but also some of them are maybe wrong.

Cheshih, in Chinese we call it 车迟(Chechi), an ancient city state in Uzbekstan today.
    Fuladiwosituoke, in Chinese we call it 海参崴(Haishenwai).
    Qiqihaer-->齐齐哈尔(Qiqihar)
    Chonjin, does it mean Chongjin in North Korea? Then it should be 清津(Qingjin) in Chinese.
    Wonsan-->元山(Yuanshan)
    Pingfang, I don't know where this city is, it seems there isn't a big city named it in China.
    Changqing-->重庆(Chongqing)
    Changdu-->成都(Chengdu)
    Tungliao-->通辽(Tongliao)
    Wuzhow, I can't make sure what this city is, is it 温州(Wenzhou) in Zhejiang Province?
    Chuncheon-->春川(Chunchuan)
    Pusan-->釜山(Fushan)
    Jehol, it's a province but not a city before PRC, after 1955AD, this province had been cancelled, and divided into 3 provinces. I suggest rename it to 承德(Chengde) after China enters modern era.
    Hailaer-->海拉尔(Hailar)

15. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

there s something problem CN tower building skin is broadcast

in the sevopedia it s ok

but in the game the image is just broadcast tower.

there s no cn tower image.

and wembley stadium in sevopedia is broad way building.

please change this next version :)

16. Leoreth

Thanks, most of these are still Rhyes. I noticed some of these mistakes when porting the names over to the new system, but it was too much work already so I put off doing the research. Will fix later.

17. Leoreth

Okay, they're in. I'm pretty sure Wuzhow is meant to be Wuzhou, I fixed the transliteration.

18. sercer88

sercer88 Emperor

Ok, in the Consts.py file does the line that reads:

#Plague
    iImmunity = 20

mean that your surplus health needs to be +20 in order to avoid the plague? If so, I'll re-set that to +10, just because in my opinion, +20 is just totally impossible. When did the +10 minimum surplus health go away? For RFC I remember always limiting my growth when near a plague period just to avoid this sometimes severe economic strain. If the limit is +20 then it's pointless.

19. sercer88

sercer88 Emperor

And another python question:
    In the Rise and Fall.py file where it codes the Mongol Hordes against Russia, what is the purpose of the line that reads:

iWesternLimit = 75

Mongol units spawn as far West as tile 73 (so far in approx a dozen attempts) so it can't be that.
    I deleted all (Russian) cities at tile 75 or greater and still Mongol Horde units spawned (at x=73 again)
    So I reduced Russian culture to 0 in my cities and changed tile ownership to "barbarian" on any tiles x>74 and Mongol units spawned (at x=73) .......

What gives?
    I admit, I know nothing about coding, but python seems "reasonably" easy to interpret. I keep on running into quite a few oddities and quirks that I can't understand.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

20 Is the amount of turns a civs is immune to plague after spawning.