1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The immunity refers to the number of turns that have to pass after one of your cities can receive the plague again after you got rid of it.

It's supposed to ensure no spawns west of 75, not sure what is going on there. Actually the code doesn't really treat the situation where no plots for spawn are available. The code looks due for a rewrite.

2. sercer88

sercer88 Chieftain

Ok thanks.

I still wonder about the surplus health question though, because I know this must have been changed from base RFC. Granted, since plague can't kill units any more it's not as severe, but I'd still like to know if there's any chance to avoid a plague.

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I never touched the plague mechanics except in how it affects units and improvements.

4. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

So in the latest version I want to know, what if a TC owning civ is a vassal. Do they still get the TC event ? In my last Japanese game (crashed) the Netherlands were vassals of France. I don't know if they would get the TC or not.

5. Chep

Chep Chieftain

is it really intentional that the US don't even flip their entire core?

Spoiler :

Also some other things:
    - please cripple the Mongol tech speed. There is no need for them to be tech leader once they conquer China. Makes stealing from them too easy and if they don't collapse can severly impact the game.

- consider removing the Byzantine UP until you find a suitable replacement
    - give Indonesia 2 more Buddhist Missionaries (because right now you have to basically start over if another religion spreads to your cities in the earlygame). I know we've talked about buffing them and you said you'd do that after a more general rework, but this is such a tiny QoL-change that can be easily reverted once you're ready to really address their game.

6. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Core =/= flip area for a while now.

7. ales_

ales_ Heir

Yes, but usually the flip area includes all the core.

8. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

I don't think America has ever flipped Louisiana (the French colony), though.

9. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

Just repeating my question here. On the same note, do the French get TC's in India and Africa ?

10. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure they get a TC event on Cochin. Nothing special for North Africa, since that was mostly later.

11. Shadow Warlord

Shadow Warlord Chieftain

This has changed now: TC gives France conquerers at Hanoi instead.

12. cudfather

cudfather Chieftain

Hey Leoreth, could you make a post or a thread about the new WorldBuilder? Besides the new layout, there are brand new tools available. What I personally am most interested about is the spawn tile marker. I tried using it (relocating the spawn tile), but the civ spawned on the old tile anyway. So what's the deal with that?

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The new world builder is just the simple PlatyBuilder mod component ported over into DoC, so there is no additional functionality added specifically for RFC/DoC. I am assuming the spawn tile marker refers to where civilizations spawn when you create a scenario or map with fixed starting locations (e.g. a map of Europe with accurate spawning locations). It has no effect in DoC because spawns work differently in RFC.

I did not look into the functionality of the new WB too closely (I did not even port it over to DoC, that was merijn), so I wouldn't have much to say for a thread on it. But you can of course create one yourself if you want.

14. cudfather

cudfather Chieftain

Ah I see, so that's why the spawn tile feature doesn't work. I was mostly interested in that one, as I like to sometimes alter history a bit and mix things up when playing. Would be great if the spawning tile variable was actually affected by that WB tool; do you think that would be possible to mod? I don't have much time at the moment, but I'd definitely like to try modmodding at some point, and I could try doing that.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I think, but the spawn tile is really easy to change even if you can't program. Simply change the right tCapitals entry in Consts.py.

16. cudfather

cudfather Chieftain

I began Computer Science studies this year, so Python is definitely something I'll want to learn. Good to have a perfect (and large) sample like DoC :)

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Oh no. Half of it is Rhye's code which really isn't very idiomatic.

18. cudfather

cudfather Chieftain

By perfect I meant a sample that interests me, not flawless code :D

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yeah I'm just saying it's not always the best code to learn Python from.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I'm currenlty working on some additional features for the WB. I will try if I can add this feature as well.