1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Knight of Time Moderator

Well Churchill had to have been right about some things.

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Imperator Knoedel the Great, Glorious and Gracious

In that same game the British Isles ended up a nuclear wasteland at my hand, I'm not sure if he saw that coming.

3. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Which file should I look into in order to find information on new world conquerors?

4. Leoreth

Unfortunately, many. Start with onFirstContact() in RiseAndFall.py.

Fresol likes this.
  5. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Chieftain

My second game is on its way. This time Byzantium, Epic, 3000bc and Regent. Buddhism has been like this before (=fail), but never with Catholism.

upload_2017-9-10_8-30-21.png

It was a typical start at 330ad: All, but Rome and Persia were collapsed and soon Rome followed. With this new git/techtree there has been these issues with religion that never before occured - these funny founding dates:shifty:

More to come...

6. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

In the latest commit, independent city garrisons now use militias instead of warriors. However, roaming barbarians still use axemen and warriors. Would those units be removed from the game completely to be replaced with appropriate DoC equivalents or would they remain exclusively available for barbarians, seeing that they can't be built by anyone anymore?

7. Leoreth

Yes, I deliberately left Warriors and Axemen in the game for barbarians, otherwise I would have completely removed those units.

8. Bernd-das-Brot

Bernd-das-Brot Chieftain

English and Prussian UHV: Is it intended that you need to be the first civ to discover ten ren/ind/glo/ techs that no one else has discovered before? You need to be really way ahead of everyone else for that. (Old UHV was having ten techs first.) I am not sure if this is possible for Prussia in the 1700 AD start. (England should not be to hard.)

Natives in NAmerica seem still a real obstacle for AI. France regularly loses New Orleans, GB sometimes NA cities. And in my last game even USA lost Washington to natives! Perhaps they are still to early, strong (better than Arquebusier) and numberous.

:goodjob:

Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.
  9. Leoreth

Yes, the goal is being first to discover each individual tech.

10. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Chieftain

Now that the requirement for Protestantism has been changed to Academia, when does it get founded and where?
    In my games, it usually was founded in Frankfurt somewhere between 1200 and 1600. Historically, it would be founded in the early 1500s. And about Academia, shouldn't Universities be moved to an earlier technology, like Education or Doctrine? Because the first ones were founded during the Late Middle Ages, 12th century if I'm not mistaken (unless that messes up technological progress).

11. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Should there be more requirements for the Great Schism to occur? I just had Catholicism founded in 150 AD, with a grand total of about 3 Christian cities in existence. As far as I can tell, this was triggered by Ethiopia being the first to convert, while holding only one of the three Christian/Orthodox cities. Rome (who controlled Jerusalem) did have a collapse to core the same term, but I don't think that's relevant?

12. catacau

catacau Chieftain

How do i complete the trans-siberian railway (russia UHV)? Do i need a city in siberia or in the pacific coast? Does the connected city needs to have wharf or other building?

I manage to get one city in siberia connected with railroad with Moskva but the UHV wasn't complete...
    upload_2017-9-11_21-50-34.png

13. h0spitall3rz

h0spitall3rz Grand Vizier of Your Mind

The Siberian city has to be on the eastern coast. As in way east. Looking at the minimap, apparently you haven't reached the eastern Siberian coast yet.

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Futhermore, just a railroad connecting the pacific coast city and Moscow is not enough. The railroad must be fully in your territory.

15. catacau

catacau Chieftain

Oh thanks, since the UHV was saying Siberia I thought that I didn't need to expand all the way to the pacific... And then with world builder I created a city there and connected with railroad but it wasn't complete yet so I thought that was something wrong... But the railroad must be within mine territory.

Thanks, but is it doable to reach railroad tech under the new tech tree in time to build that many tiles? I had a army of spies stealing techs from Poland but still, I only manged to reach railroad in 1910.

16. Fresol

What factors decide whether you can liberate a city to a civilization? Warvalue? Certainly not settlervalue.

17. Leoreth

Culture.

18. Fresol

Not culture alone. There's no Aztec culture in native Chichen Itza whatsoever but I can liberate the city.
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

19. Strijder21

Strijder21 Chieftain

How do I do the Harappan UHV? I can't figure out how to trade with Babylon.

20. Leoreth

You need a trade connection, i.e. the circle of arrows symbol in the scoreboard. Trade can go via roads or rivers and coast given the right technology and no foreign culture blocking the way.