1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Vekkimaster

Vekkimaster Warlord

Yeah, that's the one.

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  2. DeadInTheWater

DeadInTheWater Chieftain

I play at 3440x1440 how do i increase UI size without using small resolution? Doesn't Blue Marble make changes related to this. Also adding the Carbon HD module to the Git version cashes when loading mod.

Thanks for your fine service Leoreth and others!!!

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't know anything about the UI size, sorry. Do you have more information on the crash? Like error messages? In general modules are not supposed to be compatible with the Git version, but I would still expect the Carbon HUD to work (I'm using it in combination with my Git repo all the time).

4. Caesar Augustus

Caesar Augustus Prince

In my most recent India game, a Seljuk stack spawned on my border with Persia, moved into a defensible tile, then sat there doing nothing for the next 200 years. The Seljuks were pretty trivial that game. They grabbed like 2 cities each from Byzantium and Arabia but didn't hold any for more than a turn or 2. Kind of wondering what went wrong...

Edit: Also some thoughts from this game. Tech costs seemed fine where they currently sit. I lead in tech for most of the game and AIs spawned at or near tech equivalence, though Tibet started a bit behind (and only fell further back). Can't really speak to Euro civs, the ones I happened to run into (Byzantines and Vikings) were broadly similar to me in tech. I could have, if I wanted to, gotten to Cartography in time to preempt Conquerors, but I'm not super concerned if the human player has that option. Besides, by that point I was forced to run something like 70% cash just to stay afloat so it's not like expanding to the new world was a practical option.

Indian UHV overall feels like it's in a good place. Your various goals work nicely together, you need to keep all of them in mind over the long haul, and you get to play with civics, wonders, buildings, and units that you might generally ignore as most other civs. I like how the first goal is of the "figure out the puzzle" efficiency check sort, while the other 2 are broader "get big and strong and throw your weight around."

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    h0spitall3rz and 1SDAN like this.
  5. taizu

taizu Chieftain

I'm currently going for a UHV with the Aztecs, and after a while in contact with Europe, all of my cities suddenly converted to Catholicism and and abandoned their pagan temples. I tried WBing the religion away but the next turn, same thing happens. Is there any way to prevent this?

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Are your borders open to a European civ?

7. taizu

taizu Chieftain

They were, I'll have to go load an autosave. Thanks for the reply!

Edit: I went back and canceled the open borders. A few turns after the event originally happened, it happened again, with no open borders with anyone. Is the problem opening the borders in the first place, no matter the current status?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  8. catacau

catacau Chieftain

Playing as Moors i got some inconsistency with the new UHV. I haven't conquered any city in Iberia but in the UHV i have 1/2 cities conquered. Maghreb settling seems wrong too, i have 2 cities in the area and only got 1/3 cities controled.

And the second UHV say it 0/5, it should be 0/4. But the second UHV can be completed with just 4/5, so is just the text that's wrong

Moors.jpg
    Moors2.jpg

9. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Also there's inconsistency on the Moroccan ivory. It is brought back in the 600 AD scenario but in the 3000 BC scenario it disappears at 550 AD.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No, can you share a save before all the religion spread to you? Would save me time recreating the situation.

11. taizu

taizu Chieftain

Here's the save. I realized I am playing the older version, 1.2, so maybe you fixed the mechanic causing this already.

I started with the Maya and switched to the Aztecs, if that makes a difference. I went back and played through without trading or opening borders with any other civ, and it still happens.

Attached Files:

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Do you mean 1.12? If so yes, the latest release 1.14 is over a year old.

13. taizu

taizu Chieftain

Yeah, I meant 1.12.

14. Rodnok

Rodnok Warlord

Is there a way to turn off the popups about new rising civilization (the question "do you want to switch to the new one"), please? I did some search and found nothing - I guess I'll never want to switch when I picked mine in the start.

15. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

In RiseAndFall.py, comment out the line that starts with "if (iCurrentTurn == iBirthYear + self.getSpawnDelay(iCiv))".

That is, it should go:

Code:
    #if (iCurrentTurn...
        #self.newCivPopup(iCiv)
    You could also add something, like your name, immediately after the #, so that you can easily find it again if you want to undo the change.

Rodnok, 1SDAN and Fresol like this.
  16. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Pacific Phytopathologist

Ah, there's your problem. You're playing a version that is too recent. Trying playing 1.2 from the 1980's

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't think even I have DoC 1.2 anymore. Back in the day a proper version changed as much as a week worth of git changes.

1SDAN likes this.
  18. Leon Michiel

Leon Michiel Chieftain

I have it sitting in my bookshelve, those were the days!

upload_2017-11-23_19-7-15.png

bismarck_, Kojinesha, J422 and 4 others like this.
  19. Rodnok

Rodnok Warlord

Many thanks, it is working nicely.

20. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Hi! It's my first time back to this forum in a long while (as in, I basically grew up here). I wanted to thank you, Leoreth, for your relentless development of this great mod. It's made me able to put my CIV nostalgia into a really playable game, and it's so much fun.

After that fluff, a little question: how do I actually install the developer version? It's sitting in my Documents/.../MODS folder, but when I load it up nothing changes from the base game. It's been a while, so could somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

hnrysml, 1SDAN and Leoreth like this.