Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Is the Mexican spawn conditional or not?

It is only conditional on the Aztecs being dead.

Because Mexico is the same civ as the Aztecs.

This is not true. They are different civs. They do share the same slot though.

- Administrative Centre is removed when an acquired city becomes a capital

But why though?

Also odd thing happened: once I settled my capital Feudalism was 20 turns away. But very next turn it jumped to 25 turns by becoming costlier. Same rise of civ 10% discount was in place both turns.

I keep witnessing this weird jump in tech costs with other civs too. Like I said -- the very first turn it is significantly cheaper and then the next turn price gets changed. Is this intentional? Very, very annoying! :badcomp:

Because one cannot build Center normally if there is a Palace in the city. Simple logic to help things to make some sense.
If the city is no longer the capital, does the Administrative Center get restored?

removed condition from Jail stability bonus

Never knew there was a condition... What was it, if not a secret?

You needed not to have any unhappy population in the city - that was from when the building still reduced war weariness.

Free Great General with Nobility comes very handy when playing Greece -- now Alexander, which was born after many battles can be joined by Hephaestion ;). The only remaining free Great person is Prophet :old:. Persians, Indians or Chinese could use early Shrine very much, if they research Law. Otherwise no one in Old World can even use this tech to build Machu Picchu! Who needs law if there is no corn...

Free Great General with Nobility comes very handy when playing Greece -- now Alexander, which was born after many battles can be joined by Hephaestion ;). The only remaining free Great person is Prophet :old:. Persians, Indians or Chinese could use early Shrine very much, if they research Law. Otherwise no one in Old World can even use this tech to build Machu Picchu! Who needs law if there is no corn...
Citizenship is really good IMO.

Also Law enables Jail. It's very useful in my opinion.

Also Law enables Jail. It's very useful in my opinion.
Reduces instability from cities in contested, foreign, and foreign core, and lowers maintenance? Law is an absolute necessity in empirical games. It's just way too good.

Then there's Alchemy.

Well I was just being funny about Machu Picchu, but FIRST to discover the law must have been a prophet of justice and human rights. Jails came as a by- product :assimilate:

I think a Great Stateman is more suitable as a free GP for Law than a Great Prophet.

Historically one sees more prophets in ancient and classical times and more statesmen in modern times.

Historically one sees more prophets in ancient and classical times and more statesmen in modern times.
Plus didn't religions serve to teach people right from wrong and impose fear of not only bodily but spiritual repercussions should someone break the code? It makes sense that Law would give Civs a Great Prophet, judging by it's place in the Tree.

Also, perhaps we should have an option that removes the First to Discover aspect of Free Great Person Techs, it shouldn't be too hard to implement, would lessen RNG for all Civs and give weaker Civs less of a punishment for being weak.

Is it hard to tell that I hate RNG?

Top Bottom