Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

How do naval units relocate in case AI's only city does not have access to coast?

Naval units do not relocate.

- Carthage receives additioal defenders when Rome is human controlled

Wow! :eek:

Civ4ScreenShot0171.JPG

Do they get additional settler too? Never seen Caralis so early in the game. And somehow Elephants did not went roaming around the Africa... What did you do to those beasts, @Leoreth?

Russia should be all but nerfed, at least in the 600 AD scenario. In the 1700 AD, they tend to become a superpower, while in the 600 AD it varies.

As Judaism no longer prevents Pagan wonders being built, should that apply to Zoroastrianism too or shouldn't it? The Achaemenid Empire controlled a vast territory with many religions, so it shouldn't be impossible. Also, an unlucky player could have Zoroastrianism spread to their cities.

Russia should be all but nerfed, at least in the 600 AD scenario. In the 1700 AD, they tend to become a superpower, while in the 600 AD it varies.

As Judaism no longer prevents Pagan wonders being built, should that apply to Zoroastrianism too or shouldn't it? The Achaemenid Empire controlled a vast territory with many religions, so it shouldn't be impossible. Also, an unlucky player could have Zoroastrianism spread to their cities.

Good point, but isn't the spread zone for Zoroastrianism much smaller than Judaism in this mod? It's possible this problem could arise, but I doubt it would be as prevalent as for Judaism, where we want it to spread quite widely to represent history, but for the same reason we don't want it to prevent pagan buildings, since it's historical presence in most places on the map does not imply an absence of pagan religion. The region Zoroastrianism covers did have many religions present, but Zoroastrianism was the "dominant" religion there, wasn't it?

Zoroastrianism was the majority religion in Persia, at least. When it spreads to Mesopotamia and the Levant I'd says it's the religion of a politically dominant minority, and maybe in an alt-history where it spreads to Rome it's the majority (Manicheanism!). But when it spreads to Indraprastha it's a religious minority that definitely shouldn't prevent the weird pagan India from building wonders. Perhaps the simplest solution - you can build pagan wonders if you have the Pantheon civic whether your city has a religion or not. There were Christians in Rome from a very early date but it didn't stop the pagan administration from building the Flavian Amphitheater

We're talking about 1.15, so no Pantheon civic.

Gonna say, i never tried to play as Rome beyond the 100 AD. Needless to say, it's a wild ride staying alive with your OP Legions shrugging off stacks and stacks of barbarians.

Usually, i would be mad about a giant stack of barbarians invading me left and right.... but when we're talking about Rome of all the people in the 600s... it's understandable. It's actually funny.

Last edited:
I would like to discuss current useless diplo option of war or peace in our time when meeting brand new civ. One can always answer to the greeting with -- let it be peace and then declare war the very same turn we met. How about making this a real option: if you chose a peace on contact -- human player cannot declare war for the next 10 turn (but AI can because they would not understand that now there is a real dilemma). But if human decides to declare war on contact -- hawks in his civ would rally to provide one unit in his capital, which could have been drafted if the corresponding civic were in place, to make it a simple standard rule. This is a small but fun reward for warmongers, who will now be faced with a real options to chose from!

Apparently getting a Cultural Victory as Japan is easier than it's UHV. That being said, i did made my people backwards due to how much i ignored technology and Machine Tools so that Himeji Castle would never obsolete.

Also, i played one full game as the Mongols. Got 2/3 UHG but collapsed afterwards. Even though i lost due to me endlessly whipping and overextension, that was by far one of the best experiences i had in this mod.
Seriously, i never though performing genocide as the Mongols would be SO MUCH FUN

Apparently getting a Cultural Victory as Japan is easier than it's UHV. That being said, i did made my people backwards due to how much i ignored technology and Machine Tools so that Himeji Castle would never obsolete.

Also, i played one full game as the Mongols. Got 2/3 UHG but collapsed afterwards. Even though i lost due to me endlessly whipping and overextension, that was by far one of the best experiences i had in this mod.
Seriously, i never though performing genocide as the Mongols would be SO MUCH FUN

Years ago I did a self-imposed challenge -- No cities left behind as Mongols playing with 1 city only. Back then razing a city would create additional Keshiks.

So how does one avoid the conquerors as Aztec in 1.14? The units are manageable with luck but the plague is not

Aztecs: look at our floating gardens!

China: hold my beer

I just realized that Republic synergizes really well with the Vikings.
They can use their gold they get from war to rush mercenaries who can then earn them more gold from war.
As long as the player can balance their stability, a Viking Republic doesn't sound too bad in the early game.

If I'm not dedicating time to building commerce buildings as I obtain them, I invariably end up collapsing from a -12 Stability stagnation. Is this intended? That players are required to build commerce buildings or conquer their neighbors to not collapse? I know we've talked about stagnation bringing unhappiness and instability to countries, but when 12 out of my 13 negative stability that caused the complete collapse of an empire is from stagnation it gets ridiculous!

Also, is there increased stability for winning wars? Would it make sense to add it?

Top Bottom