Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

The question is whether anyone would actually do that.

Is there a way to change the civ you are playing as in the worldbuilder? I feel like this is something that has been answered before but I had this sudden urge to play as some of the Americas civs spawning at 1700, and I know you can spawn a civ by giving it cities or units in the worldbuilder, but can you then play as that civ?

Is there a way to change the civ you are playing as in the worldbuilder? I feel like this is something that has been answered before but I had this sudden urge to play as some of the Americas civs spawning at 1700, and I know you can spawn a civ by giving it cities or units in the worldbuilder, but can you then play as that civ?

You get the option to play as a spawning civ when it spawns.

You don't get the option, however, if you spawn them in yourself, early. My question is whether it's possible to change the human player to another civ in the worldbuilder

IIRC not in the worldbuilder. But you can switch between civs if you are in cheatmode and press alt-Z. I think I will add an option to switch in the WB.

It's more like a debug mode. For real cheating you already have world builder and the python console.

It worked completely fine to spawn the civ then use alt-z, I just had to give them the appropriate techs for the era, all the UHVs are set to failed though, interestingly. I believe that is bc the AI UHV check is disabled, and I took the place of the AI without the usual checks that must happen when you switch normally. I'd recommend this though, for people who want to experience say, the Merovingian Franks, or the Duchy of Brabant, without actually mod-mod-mod-modding themselves. Of course, you'll need to go into the worldbuilder to adjust the modifiers and such if you don't want to be insanely overpowered

enter worldbuilder and save the game as a "worldbuilder save" after changing it as you want, then load this save from the "play a scenario" screen. You can choose any civilization in the game, whether they spawned or already destroyed doesn't matter. A WB save from Incan start:
upload_2018-5-9_5-25-16.png

I'm sure it's somewhere here, but how do you add the git updates?

See here, under "access to the development version".
Gracias, and thanks for all the work you've put in. That being said, my social life very much disagrees with said "thanks."

Maybe some of the hints should be WoW like "please go out every once in a while"? :D

"Dude, please go look at yourself in the mirror and think about whether it might be time to take a short break. We're not judging you, we're just concerned."

Is there a year expiration date for building certain wonders? I'm attempting to build the Colossus as Carthage, and no matter what I do, it tells me I can no longer build it in 125 AD. There's no religion spread, no major events, no new techs, no blockade - nothing changes between 110 AD and 125 AD except that I can no longer build it.

Can you upload both saves?

Can you upload both saves?
This is such a minor thing that it really should be last on your priority list, if it's on it at all.

Attachments

• Statue Building.CivBeyondSwordSave
    437.4 KB · Views: 139
  • How Do You Misplace a Statue.CivBeyondSwordSave
    442.6 KB · Views: 120
How exactly is religion spread/percentage calculated? I assume there are more factors than just the size of the cities that the religion is in.

How exactly is religion spread/percentage calculated? I assume there are more factors than just the size of the cities that the religion is in.
Without getting into the math (which I'm sure someone knows), religion spread also depends on proximity to religious buildings and their historical area. You can check the historical areas it's likely to spread by going to the World Builder, clicking DoC Maps (one up and one to the right of Player Mode), then Religious Values (the wave looking one on the bottom right). It's essentially impossible to spread certain religions to certain areas in the absence of it being the state religion.

Top Bottom