1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Imperator Knoedel the Great, Glorious and Gracious

You do realize that there is a button for automating citizen assignment right next to the minimap in the city screen?

ales_ likes this.
  2. Autumn Leaf

Autumn Leaf Since 1992

Never use it, personally :p

3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Imperator Knoedel the Great, Glorious and Gracious

I mean, it's usually activated by default unless you specifically turn it off or manually click on a tile from within the city screen.

4. Autumn Leaf

Autumn Leaf Since 1992

That was somewhat the point of the the discussion. Yes, citizens are initially assigned automatically; but when you manually click on a tile and assign a citizen to work it, the citizen is stuck on that tile until you manually reassign them to a new tile, after which they are stuck on the new tile instead. OP's question was how to return all citizens to automatic assignment as he had several cities whose tiles had become completely intertwined and now he wanted each city to go back to auto-working it's own tiles (meaning presumably each city's inner 8, plus whatever others in the fat cross seem suitable). Simply re-automating citizen assignment won't magically untangle them (or so I believe), first you need to tell the game which tiles belong to which city.

I don't know why I love this game so much. It has been the source of more than a few torn-out hairs. :crazyeye:

5. JHLee

JHLee Chieftain

If you don't mind I'd like to contribute by revising the GP names list for Korea over the weekend.
    Which file should I overwrite?

There are quite a few people in Korea who enjoy RFC DoC (though we usually call it RFCD among ourselves),
    But the GP names list has always raised questions because quite a lot of people seem... misplaced.

DarkLunaPhantom and Leoreth like this.
  6. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

You can find the list of GP in GreatPeople.py.

7. Leoreth

Leoreth That's rough buddy Moderator

It's great if you would! I don't think anyone has ever reviewed the Korean GP list and it's perfect for a Korean person to do it.

8. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Chieftain

Exactly this ^^^^

Also, I beat the UHV if anyone cares... Won't be Fresol-esque, but I will probably post a guide at some point (even though it's pretty straightforward).

9. JHLee

JHLee Chieftain

Oh, and the current 'limited number of cities that a resource can give happiness to' is a bit weird.
    I suspect that they prioritize cities with bigger pop?
    I got cities of 15pop with 10 surplus happiness and 10pop cities with ~5 anger.
    I forgot to save screenshots though, sorry about that.

10. Leoreth

Priority goes to the cities with higher culture.

11. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Chieftain

Is there a reason the possibility of building a fort on certain neutral territory disappears once it falls under your control? Like, if no one controls the land, the fort construction option is available, but as soon as my culture encompasses the tile it's not an option.

12. Leoreth

Could be a bug, I have no idea what's happening there. Do you have a save?