Dawn of Civilization v1.12 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought I had while playing Holy Rome last night:

I had conquered the holy land and sent a settler over to make a nice little path through Suez but, before I could, the plot I wanted to settle flipped to the Arabs.
I still had my settler but now had nothing useful to do with it.
So I thought it might be a cool mechanic if settlers could be "settled" into a city. Jerusalem certainly could have used the population/Holy Roman culture. It makes sense, because building a settler halts the growth of the "mother" city. I think it could be a really interesting and probably fairly realistic way to shift population.

Thoughts?

True, that would be excessive. But what if there were a turn-limit on it. Something like how you can only draft one population per turn, you could only settle one settler in a city per turn.
The amount of time a "turn" represents would make this fairly realistic.

There is no need to settle a city at Suez, if U have enough culture, U can build a fort on that tile /I think they are 2 possible tiles, definitely the one on the hill and maybe another one in the adjactent tile/ and ships can pass through.

There is no need to settle a city at Suez, if U have enough culture, U can build a fort on that tile /I think they are 2 possible tiles, definitely the one on the hill and maybe another one in the adjactent tile/ and ships can pass through.

A fort doesn't guarantee cultural control, at least as far as I know.

But that wasn't the point of my post. The point was my suggestion about the duel function of settlers.

I could see the number of settlers settling in a city being limited by a certain pop cap, like 5 or 6, to keep it from being OP, or a certain amount of turns before you can settle in again. I think the main purpose of it would be to keep your conquered cities from being staggered at 1 pop for the longest time while you try to develop it.

I could see the number of settlers settling in a city being limited by a certain pop cap, like 5 or 6, to keep it from being OP, or a certain amount of turns before you can settle in again. I think the main purpose of it would be to keep your conquered cities from being staggered at 1 pop for the longest time while you try to develop it.

This, you can set limit that city size of x cant be settled further.

Also has there been discussion of being able to build hammer caravan that behaves like a small great engineer? Some cities simply have horrible production and to make this not so exploitative caravan of 100 hammer would cost 200 hammer.

How does it sound?

This, you can set limit that city size of x cant be settled further.

Also has there been discussion of being able to build hammer caravan that behaves like a small great engineer? Some cities simply have horrible production and to make this not so exploitative caravan of 100 hammer would cost 200 hammer.

How does it sound?

Cute idea. Hope this get some love!

I'd certainly like something like that :)
Both ideas would imo nicely represent how historically many colonies were supplied and supported by the motherland.

It could also be used to support main land cities but some tweaking is needed so player would not stack 10 of them in capital and build every wonder on first turn (like you can use it only once in a turn or x number of truns need to pass before you can use it again). Also it does not need to be a caravan but a ship as well...

How about instead of adding a flat population point they add a specific amount of food?

Does Italy only spawn in the 12th century or will they spawn later on if the conditions are met? I'm in the 16th century and trying to spawn Italy but it's not happening. I keep capturing the cities on the Italian peninsula and granting them independence but Italy isn't spawning. They just keep getting captured by other civs and then I have to recapture them. It's really annoying.

No matter if their initial spawn occurs, Italy can also respawn in a timeframe that is appropriate for Italian reunification (19th century).

No matter if their initial spawn occurs, Italy can also respawn in a timeframe that is appropriate for Italian reunification (19th century).

Ok thanks. I guess I'll just let France and Holy Rome keep fighting over Italy for the time being then :lol:

Look up the XML and multiply the game speed, map size and handicap modifiers.

Really? Then I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom