Dawn of man audio files for upcoming leaders

Just thought of an idea for Sejong. I know I mentioned this before for Civ 7 in which what if the Seowon was still a scientific district, but yielded culture instead, sort of like the Vietnam Thanh being an unique encampment that yields culture?

If he got that ability for Civ 6 that would make him pretty unique. The Seowon would still also keep the flat +4 science yield as well.

Just thought of an idea for Sejong. I know I mentioned this before for Civ 7 in which what if the Seowon was still a scientific district, but yielded culture instead, sort of like the Vietnam Thanh being an unique encampment that yields culture?

If he got that ability for Civ 6 that would make him pretty unique. The Seowon would still also keep the flat +4 science yield as well.
I'm not sure I follow.

The Civ Ability grants +1 Science for each adjacent Mine. And the Seowon grants +4 base Science. You mean it grants Culture on top of the +4 Science?

I think the ability needs something synergistic but unique. Otherwise it's Nader Shah again, where the ability is just the same as the Civ's ability.

I think that Sejong's ability should have nothing to do with the Seowon. Korea, as it is right now, is just "Seowon: the Civ". And not in a fun and original way like Phoenicia is : "Cothon: the Civ". The +1 science per adjacent mine for the Seowon is just like an adjacency bonus, nothing inherently different than the Mayan's Observatory's plantations and farms adjacency bonus. It could (and should) have been attached to the Seowon's abilities instead of being the CUA (because, let's be honest, the +1 food for farms is ludicrous). Korea is, right now, basically just a unique district with no Civ Ability and barely a Leader Ability. So yeah, Sejong should have an ability that is not tied solelyl to the Seowon, just to have an actual civ and not just a glorified unique district.

And the Seowon grants +4 base Science. You mean it grants Culture on top of the +4 Science?
Yes.
I think the ability needs something synergistic but unique. Otherwise it's Nader Shah again, where the ability is just the same as the Civ's ability.
I think that Sejong's ability should have nothing to do with the Seowon. Korea, as it is right now, is just "Seowon: the Civ". And not in a fun and original way like Phoenicia is : "Cothon: the Civ". The +1 science per adjacent mine for the Seowon is just like an adjacency bonus, nothing inherently different than the Mayan's Observatory's plantations and farms adjacency bonus. It could (and should) have been attached to the Seowon's abilities instead of being the CUA (because, let's be honest, the +1 food for farms is ludicrous). Korea is, right now, basically just a unique district with no Civ Ability and barely a Leader Ability. So yeah, Sejong should have an ability that is not tied solelyl to the Seowon, just to have an actual civ and not just a glorified unique district.
I understand what you both are saying, and I didn't mean that as the only part of his ability. Of course, I would want more added to it. At the same time I can't see how they would design Sejong without adding any synergies toward it considering his advancements towards building them. And he is a apparently a "builder." :mischief:

Top Bottom